What's going on with your Car/Truck/Vehicle? V3

Creating new Vehicle Discussion thread as there was on the other forum.

Trying to track down a T5 Trans before I import some BS from Europe, and also trying to decide what I'm going to do with my "RennWagen".

I found a 240Z for sale with the motor I want in it (L28E - 280Z/X Engine) but can't get it, just due to other things going on for me right now. A friend checked it out and made me feel a little better about it; has some major rust that would need to be corrected.

ALL of the GTO's, S2K's and RSX's around me are fucking rebuilt titles, so I guess I'll just bank my money - I'm trying not to start another project and just wanted a "fun" DD.

thanks vil

hoping this summer ill get some lowering springs for the front, would improve the look SO much with my wheels on there

Got some straight dual pipes for my truck. Sounds pretty good. If I could post the video from my phone straight to here I would but I don't think I can

washed it today

something I do rarely

Parked my winterized Durango in front of the garage door like an idiot, had it plugged in and everything. Bitch won't start. -45° is just too brutal for it. And alas, my second car is in the garage, blocked by my piece of shit frozen Durango. Fml

What the hell was I driving behind. Obvious BMW. Rear bumper lines and exhaust placement doesn't match any 2013-2015 M3 or M5. Maybe it was aftermarket? Shit pic sorry

http://tinypic.com/r/2ljm1pl/8

looks 4 series
Idk still doesn't match. The exhaust tips were vertical to the tail lights. I can't find any newer bmw that has that
6 series?
YES. That thing was nice. BMW really stepped up the 6 series. The older ones are hideous.

you are telling me. they are really good looking cars now

but man...

so bad

however...

yes

bmw has been killing it with the designs lately. all their new cars look fantastic. the m3, m4, m5, 6 series, i8

New eyes (6000k halogen bulbs), took out my old aftermarket hid kit

daytime running lights -

low beams -

high beams - 

high beams closer - 

car bros, I was driving down the freeway one day and my check engine started flashing. I took the off ramp at my exit and my car started idleing weird and had problems accelerating. I drove it home (5miles) then to work (3miles) had some oil dropped off to put in my car hoping it was oil related. I guess my car had no oil so it must have been burning oil. I drove it home that night and then to goodyear the next day (8miles) got an oil change and had them run a diagnostic on it and it came back with 1500 in repairs. So i told them to do it since i needed transportation. They called me the next day saying my engine was ceased and it would be 4k to put a new engine in, FOR A HONDA CIVIC. My parents wanted me to scrap it but everyone i talked to said not to and i could get an engine for under 1k. I owe 4k on the car and cant even change the loan to a personal loan to get a scraped title so I have to buy an engine (which was the best option all along if goodyear didnt quote me a ridiculous price)

Thinking about it all, my oil dash light would some times flicker but never stay on. When I say flicker i mean bearly noticable. I always wrote it off as nothing but knowing what I know now I should have just checked my oil to be safe. I blame driving a 91 volvo for two years with only one oil changed and refilling my oil once. I had an oil leak but that car trucked on. The only issues I ever had that kept me from driving it was the timing belt went out once, and then again like 2 weeks later which was the mechanics fault. This whole situation is making me wish I kept that junk and invested the money ive spent on my new car on the volvo instead

Usually if your burning oil you can smell it. Year of civic? What engine?
In my experience, and on a lot of older cars, the oil light comes on from a lack of oil pressure, this is read by your oil pressure gauge. When you lose too much oil, it inhibits the opg and the light simply won't turn on. So, either at one point you lost a lot of oil relatively quickly, or very slowly over time and did not notice the gauge come on and then die for good. But if you're up to it, you can hit up a pick-n-pull with some buddies and get a motor with wiring harness for under 800 bucks.
How hard was it wire up the DRL's?

How hard was it wire up the DRL's?

It was actually incredibly easy to install...I already had wires in place for DRLs so all I had to do was swap out my old assembly for my new one, a simple unplug, unininstall, install, plug back in kind of job, getting rid of the hid kit in between. Oh, and swapping the bulbs for the 6000k ones.

Mom told me the other day, "Hey you have 10miles away from your oil change." Fucking really? Could've told me way before now so I can take it to the dealership. We took it to a local oil change place and they put 5k mile oil into my Jetta instead of the 10k like I wanted. I wasn't too happy about that And I have to get a new headlight for it. Can't wait to see how much that costs
Oil changes are seriously the biggest fucking conspiracy in the automotive industry. The recommended mileage just that, "recommended", and it's simply a way for companies to insure frequent buissiness. A few of my buddies are certified mechanics and all swear that you needn't change your oil half as frequently as you are suggested. I've done some research of my own and from what I've found it is fine to go double the recommended mileage, especially with the modern full synthetics or synthetic blends. It's a different story for diesel motmotors though. I've been changing mine at nearly 20k miles with a top off every 5k and I haven't noticed a difference at all, aside from the extra money in my wallet. Tldr: don't worry about going over the recommended mileage, no harm will come.

I have mine changed every ~6 months just because fuck it. Don't put more than 8k miles a year on my truck but change oil in the summer and winter anyways

$19.50 at the dealership which lets me relax in a big leather chair and read the paper for 30min.

so many parts to buy, so little money, crying rn
I understand if it's not worth it but why risk it if I have the money you know? Fuck who knows how long these guys go changing the oil on these Semi tractors I drive
Who was that guy who had the riced out cavalier on here? Was it Spartan? It just popped in my head and I'm laughing.

Oil changes are seriously the biggest fucking conspiracy in the automotive industry. The recommended mileage just that, "recommended", and it's simply a way for companies to insure frequent buissiness. A few of my buddies are certified mechanics and all swear that you needn't change your oil half as frequently as you are suggested. I've done some research of my own and from what I've found it is fine to go double the recommended mileage, especially with the modern full synthetics or synthetic blends. It's a different story for diesel motmotors though. I've been changing mine at nearly 20k miles with a top off every 5k and I haven't noticed a difference at all, aside from the extra money in my wallet. Tldr: don't worry about going over the recommended mileage, no harm will come.

I change my own oil with the blend shit and what I wanna know is what I'm paying for with that. As far as I know there's no regulation on any ratios for the blend, so idk if I'm getting something like 80% dino and 20% synthetic or what. Blows my mind there's no standards.

I understand if it's not worth it but why risk it if I have the money you know? Fuck who knows how long these guys go changing the oil on these Semi tractors I drive

not risking anything. if your oil isn't low you're fine going over some miles.

Who was that guy who had the riced out cavalier on here? Was it Spartan? It just popped in my head and I'm laughing.

I think he had the 3000gt

would love to see said cavalier, i can only imagine lol

Is it summer yet? :(

Invest in a 370z. They're much better... but ignore me. -- 45minutes for an oil change. Need to get headlights replaced. Also seeing if I need new tires. All for the Jetta. But I do miss driving this thing

Obviously.....But they're also a lot more money.

Worth it. Why do my speakers sound louder in my car compared to my truck which has Bose
wheelz plz
Those are stock, just powder coated a darker grey.
I love four wheel drive. Everyone is stuck going like 30-35 on the highway and I'm going 55-60. Maybe I'm just being a jackass going that fast but I only slid a few times
Im getting close to needing new tires but hardly ever spin out without intention. I actually kind of put my foot down after coming out of a turn on a country road just to see if she would slip but it never broke. And that's with the dial set to Auto rather than 4L/4H.

They added my favorite BMW to Forza, the 850

http://tinypic.com/r/zmaywp/8

http://tinypic.com/r/10r8dj9/8

One of the truly awesome BMW's that never really got the recognition it deserved. They only put that engine in the 750il and later in the 550i (i think)? People swap them into e30s, and its beautiful. 

I took the intake cover from one of those and have it hanging in my room.

But if were talking about cool BMW engines, see:

The goldfish

The M12 that got banned from Formula 1 for making too much power (1100 at 80psi)