What's going on with your Car/Truck/Vehicle? V3

damn that's sexy

Snip from a video, trunk of the Camaro. Carbon wrapping the whole thing

http://tinypic.com/r/qs5des/8

My day sucked.

It'll buff out
Haha yeah just needs a spit shine.
That's what happens when you don't replace the blinker fluid ever 5,000 miles.

Probably didn't rotate your damn headlights every 69 miles.

Sucks though dude, wtf happened, battery ignited? More important - you alright?

Yeah I am all good. Not sure what caused it. Oil was fresh as well as the coolant. No known leaks and engine was not running hot when it ignited. Gonna chalk this up to electrical failure.

New ride

first bath of the year

http://i.imgur.com/Q83erC3.jpg

lame fgt why do you have a brush guard

j/k, hope you ram a few things (pun after the fact because dodge)

Al, do you park for the winter or just wash the underside during snow? I haven't lived in snow in years and I eventually just got winter beaters because I cared too much. Lol.

Fuckin HonDUH pissing me off. Being a Honda i'm having the typical idle issue woes; going to try to clean up the TB and IACV. Bought an O2 Sensor and the fucks either sent me the wrong one of the plug is wrong so now I have to see about a refund/exchange. Thank goodness it takes all of 30 seconds to swap out once the car is actually off the ground. Also still need to figure out the exhaust leak issues, and also replace the top. Ugh.  Neutral safety switch being lame too.

OH, need to back out a bolt that snapped off for the VTEC Solenoid. FFS. I don't feel too bad because the S/C guys snapped these off left and right. I'm at least able to get to the one that broke. Going to buy some machine bolts if anyone even has the right ones local, and try to replace them before the others snap off too.

Also chased an idle issue around for near an hour with a Viper Truck last night, which ended up being traced to a faulty fan relay causing a massive power draw. Pain in the f..king ass.

A lot more I could put here but, f..k it

He wishes his truck was mine

lame fgt why do you have a brush guard

j/k, hope you ram a few things (pun after the fact because dodge)

Al, do you park for the winter or just wash the underside during snow? I haven't lived in snow in years and I eventually just got winter beaters because I cared too much.

I don't wash anything in the winter lol. Maybe if itll be 40+ for a couple days or something and I can get motivated but other than that she stays dirty from november to march.

So I don't know anything about cars, but mine has been acting up and I brought it in but there isn't much they can tell me as to what is wrong with it. On two occasions now when I had been stopped at a light and started to accelerate my car has stalled for a few seconds when im pushing down on the gas. Then straight after my engine light goes on. When I put my foot on the pedal, the car hardly moves like it's lost all sensitivity because I can push it all the way down and not really go anywhere. I do that for about a minute till my car gets more momentum and then the sensitivity of my gas pedal returns to normal. The same thing happens all over when I have to stop again. So yeah, this has happened twice now in about a week. The problem seems to go away when I turn my car off. I doubt anyone would know but I thought I'd share.

Kinda sounds like a bad MAF causing an over rich situation but that's me assuming a hell of a lot of things. Had someone try pulling codes for you yet?

Edit - Dammit Al. Was just curious because rust and all.

Super likely it's that damn MAF, depending on the vehicle it might not even pull a code if you hooked it up though.

If Thomas would tell us the year/make/model. I could probably confirm for sure.

Alternately it could be a electrical failsafe in your motor telling you there is a problem with the transmission and it is trying to safeguard it by not allowing you to gain speed. Does it stop accelerating at a particular speed?

year make model thomas?

Alternately it could be a electrical failsafe in your motor telling you there is a problem with the transmission and it is trying to safeguard it by not allowing you to gain speed. Does it stop accelerating at a particular speed?

Sorry about that guys, It's a 2007 Honda Accord.

To your question, I was cautious not to go to fast when I noticed this happen and I wasn't driving on a road that would allow me to go that fast anyways.

Also the check engine light seems to go off a day or so after the problem goes away so the light wasn't on anymore when I brought it in. I don't know if that would make checking for codes any different.

You could try taking off the MAF and cleaning the sensor. Do you have a meter gauge?

My dad should have a meter gauge

So something like this www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd640ImE9Ec

or like this then?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQGSkWEC_u4

edit: according to the comments in the first one the guy used the wrong cleaner

Carb cleaner would get the job done too well, the MAF cleaner will probably go to waste after you use it one time, but it's best to have the right stuff so you don't have to fork out $80-150 to replace a sensor you ruined yourself.

Honestly though, your situation sounds rather severe and it may be that you will need to replace it anyway.

If you clean it and or replace it and it still has the same problems, replace the fuel filter, have your fuel pump checked and while your at it have your timing checked. Timing seems least likely though because, as you described it, the problem comes and goes.

Pulling the codes would definitely help in this situation just to not go off on a wild goose chase.

Do you have a 4 banger or V6 as well? Depending on the code reader it may be able to pull up "pending" codes.

The guy at the garage said it would cost 250 to replace the sensor :(

I have a v4 engine mad

Listen to MV and get the codes pulled, but if its the MAF sensor:

The most expensive MAF sensor on the greatest parts website ever is like $130. Just select the make/model/year/motor and click emissions, then MAF sensor. order one of the options and replace it yourself. On an accord it will be right next to your air filter box. I doubt you will need any special tools.

EDIT: You have an inline 4 motor, not a V4. Your pistons are in a line from rear to front. On rockauto.com for your motor choose "L4" (Longitudinal 4 cylinder)

Got rain x wiper fluid. Shits awesome. Didn't even need to use my windshield wipers on the highway and a gallon is less than 5 dollars. Also Im pretty sure I'm buying running boards for my truck. 684 dollars or some shit. Stupid expensive, but I'm working all over time today so I figured why not
I used to work at a car wash, and would always grab some of the pure Rain-X for my car, this stuff was supposed to be diluted like 50:1. I would put it on my entire truck and it was amazing, hardly a drop would stick to that thing when it rained.
Sorry i never got back to you guys, my dad said the guy at the garage cleaned the MAF sensor so I'm just going to wait it out and see what happens

Was going to ask actually - Any chance they manage to get the codes pulled for you while it was there? Just don't want to blindly chase issues.

Ordered the replacement top, need to get straps and other odds and ends. Got gaskets for the TCT, hope it doesn't decide to start rattling AFTER I make the leak stop :|

Talked to a guy about an '80 280Z and also anotnher dude about a '76 Wagon. Things might happen, but I'm out of hiding places.

Running boards are in for my truck but the earliest they can get me in is next Wednesday. It's a fucking 15minute job. Lift the truck up, drill in the screws and you're done. How can you not fit thay into any schedule? Just going to find someone else to do it for me

Have some type of short in the wiring somewhere for my lo-beams. They will go out in heavy rain fall. Been told it could also be a faulty neutral switch, but considering the two instances when they both stop working has been in very heavy rain, Im going to assume theirs a short/exposed wiring somewhere. 

Ripped a few skids tonight. I never hoon around but was feeling it. Donuts in the parking lot and sideways through some wide open turns. 

Ripped a few skids tonight.

YEAH

@Eric fuck you mate

also I miss u boo <333

I did some stupid stuff.  More news...eventually. Still waiting on other crap to come in as well.

the abs/traction system lights have been going off on my 2001 impala ls lately. i think it could be a short, or just some kind of electrical issues. have had a couple after i had to drive though flooded waters last summer. not sure if they are actually off or if just the light is coming on, either way im glad its not winter anymore lol.

Put new running boards on my truck. i know its not that hard but I feel accomplished

im so wet right now

ltz right?