Workout/Bodybuilding III: Revengeance: Part Deux

Chelsea vs Southampton and Man City vs West Brom.  Really excited to visit Stamford Bridge and the Etihad.

I'm about 7 weeks out from the physique competition that I'd like to do. I'm sitting around 160-165 bodyweight and approximately 8-10% bodyfat. As I start to lean out, I can tell I've definitely put on some mass and become more defined in certain areas in comparison to last year this time. I don't look nearly as small. With that said, I'm just not sure if I'm going to be able to get to that 6-7% goal in time. With starting a new job next week, sticking to my diet is going to be tough.

Tried to hit 405 for 1 rep tonight on deadlift. Got past the hardest part but just couldn't get it up after that. Fucked my back up too. 

I know I can get it, but I just did deadlifts 2 days ago, I was dumb for even trying it so soon. 

After about a month long hiatus I'm about to start hitting the weights again, so I guess this is a good time to start contributing to this new thread! Might record some squats and post them here  tomorrow :D

After about a month long hiatus I'm about to start hitting the weights again, so I guess this is a good time to start contributing to this new thread! Might record some squats and post them here  tomorrow :D

I'm 5'9 about 165lbs. Bench - 215 Squat - 305 Dead - 335 - although my squats are the only stat I really care about. I'm more about bodyweight exercises etc.

Looking forward to talking weights with you guys!

what's your diet consist of?

Tried to hit 405 for 1 rep tonight on deadlift. Got past the hardest part but just couldn't get it up after that. Fucked my back up too. 

I know I can get it, but I just did deadlifts 2 days ago, I was dumb for even trying it so soon. 

You'll get there soon 

Get to what, being so weak I unironically say something like "I just did deadlifts 2 days ago, I was dumb for even trying it so soon."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yAJJHaxuBY

It's only been 3 months, should I try again so soon?

I'm glad I was able to finally get that video into the double digits. You're welcome.

I've done 405 plenty of times. 425 is my 1 rep max. Which still isn't that impressive but

I could be cool like you and record myself and even walk away like a duck at the end, as well. But I'm good. 

A smarter person would infer from the video's being unlisted that I don't want or care about view counts. Gg.

425 is my 1 rep max

sounds like 405 is your 1RM from here but

Anyway, I didn't set out to get into a pissing match about how I'm stronger than you (which is I guess what you were trying to do?) but rather to call you a pussy for

I just did deadlifts 2 days ago, I was dumb for even trying it so soon. 

Can we just get back to that?

No I just don't like you. That's pretty much it haha.

Yeah, we can get back to it. I tried 405 again after just doing deadlifts, which I shouldn't have done. Which is exactly what I said pretty much. 

Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to, or is this the only place we can get breaking updates from the dull, weak, yet still somehow arrogant pussy front lines?
Sorry I don't, actually. 
No bully zone

I have managed to loose enough so where my suit fits, but not enough where it fits well. 

it looks great and fits great as long as it is unbuttoned and I'm standing still. 

fack

okay so im considering getting a gym membership, but have never been to one. And i don't have a person to help me get started in the neighborhood either since i recently moved. So i was wondering; if i was going to get a membership, how should i start? Should i just like, walk to different machines randomly and try things out, or should i make like a weekly schedule of things to work on? And also, how can i keep myself from slacking and staying home?

okay so im considering getting a gym membership, but have never been to one. And i don't have a person to help me get started in the neighborhood either since i recently moved. So i was wondering; if i was going to get a membership, how should i start? Should i just like, walk to different machines randomly and try things out, or should i make like a weekly schedule of things to work on? And also, how can i keep myself from slacking and staying home?

they should have trainers there which can answer any questions you may have. the machines themselves should have instructions on them as well (at least the ones at my gym do)

I have managed to loose enough so where my suit fits, but not enough where it fits well. 

it looks great and fits great as long as it is unbuttoned and I'm standing still. 

fack

If it fits while standing when unbuttoned only, then it doesn't fit bud.

fack

If it fits while standing when unbuttoned only, then it doesn't fit bud.

naw it definitely doesn't fit. 

but you make do with what you have. 

deadlifted 440 today. 15lb PR. Was planning on waiting till midweek to max out but got bored this afternoon. bang bang. bang. 

455 didn't budge a fucking inch off the ground. soon though. soon. 

And also, how can i keep myself from slacking and staying home?

I don't go to the gym (just bodyweight shit at the park/home) but I read this in Terry Crews most recent ama on reddit. Someone asked him how to stay motivated:

TREAT THE GYM LIKE A SPA.

Yes. It has to feel good. I tell people this a lot - go to the gym, and just sit there, and read a magazine, and then go home. And do this every day.

Go to the gym, don't even work out. Just GO. Because the habit of going to the gym is more important than the work out. Because it doesn't matter what you do. You can have fun - but as long as you're having fun, you continue to do it.

But what happens is you get a trainer, your whole body is sore, you can't feel your legs, and you're not coming back the next day - you might not come back for a year!

I worked my way up to 2 hours a day. I ENJOY my workouts. They are my peace, my joy - I get my whole head together! I value that time more than my shower! And it really gets me together. But it's a habit.

There are times when - I'm not even kidding - there are times when I"m in the middle of a work out, and actually woke up because i am so engrained with going to the gym and being there - it's that much of a habit to me. The first thing I do in the morning is work out - I lay out my workout clothes the night before, and just hop in 'em.

So lay out your clothes, and go to the gym, and relax.

HaAHAHAH!

But sooner or later, you WILL work out.

And also, how can i keep myself from slacking and staying home?

figure out a way to do it for a couple weeks and after that it'll become part of your routine and it'll be something you look forward to. 

Benched today, wasn't going to go heavy, but worked up a nice 245x2 then 185x6x6 last rep paused. Then incline DB bench, flat bench, flyes, front raises, side raises, rear delt flyes and curls. 

Spring break is next week. After that I am going to do 4 weeks of beltless volume, a deload week, a week of belt acclimation then see where I am. Really hoping to make some nice progress by going beltless for a while because I get so much out of my belt. 

Haven't deadlifted in a month or had anything that resembles a structured squat program in a month because of my hip/back what ever is going on. I hate this. I feel useless.

It hurts your hip to deadlift conventional? Box squats out?

> not benching 3x week

>every day isn't arm day 

Hey is pulling 4 plates a half dozen times with no belt, no chalk (because my gym stopped providing it apparently, after I'd stopped bothering to bring my own) something I should post a video of, or would some weak pussy try to make fun of the way I walk away afterward?

Pls advise

post video. the answer is to always post a video. always. 
Legs going great, probably gonna be doing my first weighted barbell squat in 5 years within the next month. yay new fysio programme. also have that dude dealing with my shoulder now, total opposite excersizes of my other fysio's programs through the yeaes so back to doing 1 and 2 kilo weight shit for infinity reps and super slow controlled movements, it looks and feels so weak lol. used to be able to go somewhat hard on arms and shoulders at least, hope i can make swift progress there as well. #backinthegymunassistedafter5yearsattheendof2015thedream
Impressive perserverence. 

Too late for video, I'll have my own chalk next week.

Pulling in Adipowers is an almost holy experience.

Doesn't count then sorry

oh yeah? I have been meaning to try deadlifting in my VS Athletics but never get around to it. You think it helps with a raised heel?

Did some pullups, heavy barbell rows, heavy DB rows and heavy shrugs. I felt like I was flying around the gym. lats felt HOOOOOOGE. Weighed in at 181 so basically my spring break body is as ready as itll ever be. 

Front squatted 275 without a belt today. It was easier than I thought it would be. I wat 315 by the end of the year. I could probably do it in a moth or two though lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxOfZ2jVHxg

or would some weak pussy try to make fun of the way I walk away afterward?

crying

oh yeah? I have been meaning to try deadlifting in my VS Athletics but never get around to it. You think it helps with a raised heel?

It's honestly not raised all that much, but it allows me to engage quads more off the floor, which produces a faster lockout.