Workout/Bodybuilding III: Revengeance: Part Deux

box squats for 185x5x5, which is 45%. Fucking brutal. Probably couldn't have done 205x5.... I should probably work on that 

First week of school so the gym is stupid packed.  Waited like 30 minutes for a rack and didn't bother waiting to deadlift afterwards.  5x5 takes quite a while... considering dropping it down to 3x5 but not sure yet.

5x5x215 Squat - Somebody took a 5lb plate off of the bar when I was resting between my 4th and 5th set and I didn't even noticed until I unracked and felt it was uneven.  Sneaky motherfucker lol, slightly annoying.  Still working on staying tight the whole way through, fairly inconsistent from set to set still but definitely improving.

5x5x95 OH Press - got it this time

I have literally had someone take a 25 off while I was setting up to unrack on bench. Dude just grabbed it and walked off.

Fuck.

have like 2 plates on the bench. put gym bag and sweat clothes on bench while I grab a sip of water from the water fountain. When I return to the bench ( less than 2 minutes later, it was stripped down to the bar and two guys were warming up with the bar. 

what planet do some people live on

i take people's benches, racks and weights all the time citing the snoozer-loser clause in our membership contracts
deadlifted 365x4, 385x4, 405x4, 425x4x4. gor home from the gym promptly slept 12 hours. 

225x5x5 Squat - tried widening my stance slightly and angling my toes out more/evenly, also pushing knees out... Noticeably less stressful on my lower back so that's good.

100x5x5 OH Press (almost) -  missed my last rep of my last set... Had it in me, just rushed it and didn't stay tight.  It is definitely starting to feel stronger and more stable tho.  

Waited and waited but couldn't get a bar for deadlift so I just did some accessory work and left.  Still sitting around 170 bw , need to eat better this week.  

I have literally had someone take a 25 off while I was setting up to unrack on bench. Dude just grabbed it and walked off.

Fuck.

i think i would prolly blow up on somebody for doing that.. of course it's easy to say that when i'm not in the situation, but i get pretty fired up for my sets so i'd def say something to the dude.

how did you react davo?

but i get pretty fired up for my sets so i'd def say something to the dude. 

You're a goddamn savage

lol that's why these dudes don't fuck with me man hahaha

but for real though, I think about that shit sometimes like how I'd react if somebody came up and did some bull shit like that to me. Somebody taking a damn 25 off the bar as you're setting up for the set is just crazy to me though.

yelled at people for walking in front of me when I was about to take a top set on squats today. 

like cmon, had weight on the bar, turned up the music and yelled and then three people walk right in front of me. totally threw me off. one guy stopped dead ass 3 feet in front of me on the other side of the mono. in a powerlifting gym none the less. whatever got the lift. 

275x3x3 paused bench. I've benched 275x3 before but it was touch n go and my ass came up. this 3x3 was with pauses. all white lights. 

then deadlifted 435,455,465,475x2. that's like a 40lb 2RM PR plus I'm like 8 weeks into using a stiff vs bendy bar so that's pretty huge. 

still struggling with 3 plate squats and deadlifts. i can get them, the squats especially, but only with the form of someone who barely hits parallel and is on the way to snap city. still can't justify to myself dropping the money on a belt and knee supports, but i know i really need them if i'm working towards lamo4plates

oh well, my bench was better tonight finally. on my way to two plates there

doesn't waste money of knee sleeves 

a belt is only like $80.... tops

So why the hell doesn't USA have any male lifters going to the Olympics this year? Are we really that fuckin weak?

where did you read we don't? 

wheres Willet when u need him

where did you read we don't? 

wheres Willet when u need him

Yeah we suck.

I don't have a written source, but I first heard about it on Jon North's podcast.. Then I heard about it again on the Starting Strength podcast so I'm pretty sure it's true. I'm not good at finding written sources tho, somebody else is gonna have to do that.

In both podcasts, they went on to say that the only male that stands a chance to go to the olympics is Kendrick Farris, and that's if he does good enough in Pan Ams. 

thats really depressing if it's true, but I'm pretty sure all this info is correct 

Back on the strength training grind after a long ass time of just maintaining due to time restraints.

DL'd 345 yesterday with no equipment, felt good. Going for the 4 plates in the coming months, should be able to hit it pretty fast.

Pulled 315 for a triple a few days before that.

Bench still blows.

"Ran" a mile after work today, I won't say my time because I will get straight dummied but this was with semi-hurt knees (left knee more than right, and I forgot my brace so RIP), bad back(lower back hurt more during this than anything) and a bruised rib; Toughed it out but now I'm sore as all else, I did stretch for ~9 minutes beforehand to try to ease into it. Going to try different shoes, maybe work back into this via bike riding as well.

My injuries aside, I'm pretty conscious of my posture but still wonder if that has anything to do with it.  Need to get back into the habit of doing 3/5+ Miles without feeling like I want to die[more than I already do] afterward.

sharing with the class, feel free to take jabs I guess

I don't have a written source, but I first heard about it on Jon North's podcast.. Then I heard about it again on the Starting Strength podcast so I'm pretty sure it's true. I'm not good at finding written sources tho, somebody else is gonna have to do that.

In both podcasts, they went on to say that the only male that stands a chance to go to the olympics is Kendrick Farris, and that's if he does good enough in Pan Ams. 

thats really depressing if it's true, but I'm pretty sure all this info is correct 

Jon North and Starting Strength are like the two shittiest sources of information on Olympic lifting possible. 

You mean American opinions are shittiest sources in general. Including mine.

You mean American opinions are shittiest sources in general. Including mine.

??????

no. 

Jon North is a moron. 

Starting Strength's opinion on Olympic weightlifting? Rip advocates a low bar squat for Olympic weight lifters. lolololololololol

Yeah I mean I agree with you myzo. that's why I asked in this forum, I figured willey or somebody might know what the word is. In the podcast I was listening to, north was talking to what I'm assuming is a pretty legendary WL coach named Sean Waxman. And also for what it's worth I'll post the vid of the podcast where Rip was talking about it. You can form your own opinion after that. He starts talking about it at 14:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76GXyiyW79Y

Idk how to make it embed.

Been getting a lot of knee pain from squats, high bar and low bar.  Not entirely sure what to do about it.  I've also had a considerable amount of lower back tightness/soreness, which I know is going to naturally come with the transition, but I think it's a little more than one would want.   I've been working on hip mobility/mobility in general because my hips have always been ridiculously tight, but any other suggestions on minimizing knee and lower back pain?
work on dissolving your muscularly-retained neuroses 

https://instagram.com/p/BBxgejyF0HF/

285xnot3

https://instagram.com/p/BCCAy-oF0AD/

the set before 285xnot3. 

Im getting greedy and being sloppy. I need to do some long pause work to strengthen my speed off the chest and make my pauses more consistent. 

Dayum myzo!!!! nice work homie, form's lookin on point

thanks mane. 

Widen my grip two fingers from pinky on ring to middle finger on ring. made a huge improvement. I am slower off my chest but stronger all around. Also form has def gotten better I just need to get more consistent, my touch is off and I'm relearning when to flare my elbows. It's hard though, I arch so hard (doesn't look like it but I am) that days I am tight my arch is off and that messes with my bench touch. 

Gunning for lmao3plate

My leg is all fucked up but I can still squat 275 and qualify for nationals, thank god. 

My lifting buddy just hit a 385 clean pause bench at 203bw and 435x2 squat. 

nationals is gunna b sik

Do you tuck the elbows in on the way down and flare them on the way back up? kinda how mark bell teaches?

no problem w doing deadlifts consecutive days if you feel up to it    y / n

Do you tuck the elbows in on the way down and flare them on the way back up? kinda how mark bell teaches?

I tuck on the way down. my press starts with me pushing the bar back towards my face and up. Once the bar is back far enough and up enough I can flare my elbows more dramatically and just press the weight out. I guess once I start pressing I start flaring but learning to time when to flare all out once the bar is back and up enough is what I need to work on. if that makes sense

no problem w doing deadlifts consecutive days if you feel up to it    y / n

absolutely. I don't advise going heavy back to back even if you feel good you'll be wrecked. 

gunna do a bench press only meet in a few weeks. 

except it it is in a prison.