Workout/Bodybuilding III: Revengeance: Part Deux

Davo you were in my dream last night. You took Alison's kid to California and took him to the doctors over here or some shit.
Spanks, are you going to Boss of Bosses 2 in August? I'm moving to the bay area sometime in summer after graduating and I'm tempted

Spanks, are you going to Boss of Bosses 2 in August? I'm moving to the bay area sometime in summer after graduating and I'm tempted

Probably yeah. I live like 45 minutes away and me and my friends all but suck Dan Green's dick. Hope I see you there :3

Where are you moving to?

Not certain yet. I got an offer from the NorCal district of the company, so the range could be pretty wide depending on which project I get put on. Most likely it'll be in the Sacramento area but we'll see.
Oh okay that's cool. I was gonna say, if you live close enough to me there's a gym where Jim Smitchz trains oly lifting which is cool as fuck.
Yea I'm pretty set no matter where I go. Near you is Jim, south near San Jose is Catalyst. Sacramento has Midtown and Hassle Free. Closer to the bay is Cal Strength obviously. So the whole area is solid.
Fuck I always forget about those ones lol. I just remember Jim's because he's like 15 minutes away from me.

So I've been training a girl I met about a month ago. She had just bought adipowers for the sake of squatting about a week before I met her. So after seeing her squat and talking to her I convinced her to start trying the olympic lifts as she said she'd always been interested in them. She'll probably compete in the 63kg class, as she sits around 140 on average (63 is 138), and she's already hit the qualifying totals for snatch and CJ for JR nationals in the first 3 weeks. She was a cheerleader in high school and has massive quads, so she has a huge strength base to start from. She easily squatted 185x5x5 today and was asking why I was assuming she'd need over 2 minutes of rest between sets, so she's obviously not even close to her max. In contrast, the other girl that lifts with us that just got 2nd at Jr nationals in the same weight class has squatted 215x5x5 as an all time best.

For the classics I haven't had her go even remotely heavy yet since she's still going slow to work on technique, and she's still easily cleaning more than most girls can deadlift.

So next year this girl is gonna be winning shit and it's gonna be fucking awesome to say I started it.

I know that feel. I got my friend into powerlifting and he broke two national records in his first meet.
So i got a gym membership since today, and went to check it out (didn't go long, and didnt really do a lot yet) but as i expected i felt pretty lost. Do you guys usually just go in and see there what machines/body parts yall train on or do yall have like a weekly schedule as to what to train? I just wanna get the most out of going to the gym, and i feel like i am not even close to doing so if i just walk in like i did today and just do whatever. I felt so lost. Also: do you guys watch what you eat and stuff, and have like a diet to follow? And what would you all suggest for me? I am very new to all of this, so any tips are welcome. It'd be greatly, greatly appreciated if someone would help me out with making such a schedule for me (both training and diet). So if someone is willing to do so, you can pm me for info you need to set it up. I have no clue where to start.

I had a 295 max bench, 305 squat, and 405 deadlift a few months back, but that tends to happen when you're stuck in Afghanistan with nothing better to do in your spare time lol. Now I'm focusing on more cardio intensive training, hoping to break a 13:00 2 mile run in April.

Bodybuilding.com has tons of workout programs for beginners. 
So i got a gym membership since today, and went to check it out (didn't go long, and didnt really do a lot yet) but as i expected i felt pretty lost. Do you guys usually just go in and see there what machines/body parts yall train on or do yall have like a weekly schedule as to what to train? I just wanna get the most out of going to the gym, and i feel like i am not even close to doing so if i just walk in like i did today and just do whatever. I felt so lost. Also: do you guys watch what you eat and stuff, and have like a diet to follow? And what would you all suggest for me? I am very new to all of this, so any tips are welcome. It'd be greatly, greatly appreciated if someone would help me out with making such a schedule for me (both training and diet). So if someone is willing to do so, you can pm me for info you need to set it up. I have no clue where to start.

i spoke with a trainer about all of this before i even made the commitment of subscribing to a membership. talk to one of the ones at your gym and i am sure that they will help you out with your goals, how to use the machines, etc.

These last 3 posts

Keyword: Beginners. 

Duck 

I've found BB.com to be very useful, they do have a lot of articles and resources, but like anything, it's probably best to not take any one person's word as gospel. If I've learned anything in the past 2 years of training, it's that results may vary.

@davobrosia, And I know you're probably laughing at his bench to squat/dead ratio, but his numbers aren't far off my own (at 165 bw). I realize my legs/posterior are lagging, but that doesn't mean I've just put my upper body training on hold, so while my lower body numbers are increasing, so are my upper body numbers.

I guess I'm just saying that just because your bench is strong doesn't mean you are currently neglecting lower body.

Not actually what was so funny.
my max squat is 320 and my max bench is 235 lol

Not actually what was so funny.

Oh, explain?

my max squat is 320 and my max bench is 235 lol

Dude, not bad!

I'm assuming he was laughing at the part after the numbers, stating that's what happens when you have nothing to do in the desert. As in, laughing as to why the poster thought those were something only achievable when you have nothing to do all day but train.

To be honest I actually noticed that first as well, and didn't notice the bench/squat ratio until you mentioned it.

Hit 18 wide grip pull ups today. three shy of my old PR. Glad to be back in this rhythm.

Just got some brand new Nike's for an early birthday present and they're light as a feather. Haven't had shoes even remotely as comfortable as these.

I'm assuming he was laughing at the part after the numbers, stating that's what happens when you have nothing to do in the desert. As in, laughing as to why the poster thought those were something only achievable when you have nothing to do all day but train.

To be honest I actually noticed that first as well, and didn't notice the bench/squat ratio until you mentioned it.

/massiveQuote

i don't know much about bench squat ratios but I went into it already pretty chest savvy from the ridiculous amount of push-ups thrown upon us lol and my squat technique was horrible so I never felt comfortable going with super high weight lol. Also , when you're married with a kid on the way being deployed makes it 17557x easier to find time for bulking since you have more free time and aren't forced to do cardio intensive training 80% of the time from 5:30 to 7 every morning when you're stateside. Deployment bulking is a nationwide phenomenon.

Deployment bulking is a nationwide phenomenon.
How'd you manage to miss out on it?

Deployment bulking is a nationwide phenomenon.
How'd you manage to miss out on it?

Why u do dis? :'(

No lol I was only on a quick 4 monther but I managed to put on 15lbs. I'm sure you guys will find some way to insult that as well though lol

Edit: Also I was easily working 90 hour weeks doing secret squirrel stuff so it's not that I had "nothing else to do all day but train"

Just busting your balls, man. 4realz: if you have a 305 squat and a 405 deadlift, something somewhere has gone drastically wrong.

I'd consider deployment 168 hour work weeks, but that's just me.

Haha it's cool, and yeah I literally did the math to play to my strengths and get engraved on the 1000lb board lol. Just barely made it but that was my goal when I arrived so it felt good man.  And thanks for finally telling me what was off with my stats lol I need to fix my squat form so I don't feel it in my spine so much. ;p
Felt so good to be back in my normal gym yesterday. Went heavy for the first time in a couple weeks and am feeling all kinds of sore today.

High bar squatted 330x5x5 today. Was surpisingly easy in terms of bar speed, and I could definitely done about 15lbs more, but I haven't done a heavy 5x5 in so long that I was dizzy and winded after each set. My best 5x5 with low bar was 365, so I'm probably around the same strength level as that now, despite only back squatting once a week now (although with all of the cleans snatches and front squats, it's not as if my legs aren't getting high volume).

I'm going to be home for break next week and might be upping my working weights, so I may go for a max back squat to calculate my new numbers off of. I'd like to hit around 415, but we'll see.

I think I'm doing a meet with my friends on April 11th. The more I think about it the more I want to do it. I'm basically 165, so when I compete my total will be like 200lbs heavier than the last time I did a meet when I was 165. Oddly enough my bench seems like it'll pick up the slack from my squats. Hopefully I can break 1,000 at 165, or go 9/9 at least.

only drank liquor and 4lokos for a week in florida. my body is in shambles and my lifts suck. 

also did 225x3x8 1.5" deficit deadlifts with a light band and almost threwup and had a heart attack. going high reps and beltless for a couple weeks to see if that helps or anything. 

Made an appointment with a physical therapist to finally see what's going on. Squatting and front squatting are fine, no pain at all. Deadlifting somewhat heavy hurts, so yeah idk. Bench is doing really well so that's good.
Working out at 8pm and back at it at 9am, not advisable?
As long as you eat and get enough rest I wouldn't see a problem with it.

That feel when you can press your bodyweight for reps :3

That feel when Adipowers :3

tfw 15lbs away from body weight press

It feels like I'll never get it.

Davo do you have the intense fire red ones like me? ;3