Workout/Bodybuilding III: Revengeance: Part Deux

Nah, I have the new colorway, the black and red.
Jelly. Those are sick.

only drank liquor and 4lokos for a week in florida. my body is in shambles and my lifts suck. 

also did 225x3x8 1.5" deficit deadlifts with a light band and almost threwup and had a heart attack. going high reps and beltless for a couple weeks to see if that helps or anything. 

I was doing some clean high pulls last week while standing on 4" blocks. I then went back to the floor on the next set and was weaker. Did this multiple times throughout the workout and the result was the same. Standing on the block the bar was about an inch from sitting on my shoe...what the fuck.

More quad recruitment.

Does this autoembed?

https://instagram.com/p/0ggfnchhzB/

edit: newp.

Only thing I saw in the video were the shoes.
Got an all time bench PR last night. Benched 205 with a pause at 166. Really good considering the last PR I got on bench was at my meet and I did 203 at 176 lol

Since it didn't autoembed/my Instant Gram is private:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITjN8pGCH5o

i will sit here, inferior with my 145 squatting (dont know what my 1 rep  max is)

how tall are you davo? also forgot how blonde you are

5'8, 165#

**newb post incummin**

Also just a side note that i'm not at all interested in legs at this point in time, posting evidence why won't change my mind, but I would really like a critique of upper body regiment. 

I usually will go 4 days a week, with a two day cycle.  

Bi's- basically just do dumbell curls, dumbell curls against an incline, barbell curls, closed grip pull downs, and the extensions, and rowing.

Tri's - Bench, skull crushers, overhead tri extension, pull downs, and some other machines.

Try and go for 3-4 sets of 8 reps each

Abs- I have an app on my phone i'll usually just do a few minutes of abs stuff after I finish the workout.   

I've definitely noticed some results and I must say i'm pretty dedicated about it and about taking in protein but I'm sure i'm not maximizing my efforts.  

Critique of upper body regiment: lacking corresponding lower body regiment.
**sighs**

I would add back work and shoulder work as well. Sexy as fuck and it'll keep your body balanced.

Also skwats.

3 weeks out from my meet, so I'm seeing where I am on stuff. Surprisingly easy 365 squat today. Felt really good, had another 10 or more punds in me I think. I guess it's a PR because I haven't weighed 166 in like a year lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAkWtcGFcuo

Squats are actually full-body.

Some here will doubt that you are "pretty dedicated about it." Because you're not squatting. It's good that you feel like you're not maximizing your efforts, and you're not. Because you're not squatting.

@grif

was going to say:

add back work and shoulder work as well.

is this at a gym or home workouts? if its the latter, id understand. i kept to upper body when at home and was equally uninterested in legs.

but if at a gym, youve got no excuse for focusing on a mere three muscle groups, and on one half of your body at that

No it's at the gym, my rationale is I want to get toned up top and not look like a malnourished kid in a 3rd world country, then later on worry about the downstairs.  Stupid I know, but I'm not going to change my mind :p. 

And Spanker I forgot I do back stuff as well on back/bi day.  Well definitely implement shoulders stuff as well, and possibly skwats.  

Thanks for the advice guys.

You will make faster progress upstairs if you don't neglect the downstairs.
You want an all-round fit, it's not pretty when you see twig legs holding up a boulder https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=InMJopurNTE

No it's at the gym, my rationale is I want to get toned up top and not look like a malnourished kid in a 3rd world country, then later on worry about the downstairs.  Stupid I know, but I'm not going to change my mind :p. 

And Spanker I forgot I do back stuff as well on back/bi day.  Well definitely implement shoulders stuff as well, and possibly skwats.  

Thanks for the advice guys.

What does toned up mean? Everytime I've ever heard that term it's been women who don't want to lift heavy because they don't want to "get bulky". It's bullshit. Work out, lift heavy, and eat as much as you can if you want to break out of the skinny club.

Also, did you know that full body movements likes squats raise your testosterone? You'll get better workouts and gains across the board if you incorporate movements like squats and deadlifts.

No, I didn't know that actually.  

Thanks again for any and all advice

what about chest?

realized gains at school are essentially impossible for me on squat and bench. so I'm just going to get a massive upper body pump twice a week, maybe squat sometimes and deadlift as often as humanly possible because I love deadlifting. also started running because my lungs are seriously fucked. like asmathic pack a day smoker in China for 6 months fucked. 

running mag mag ort but with out the rep out and a second day of 3x8 deficit deads on a weekly LP.  did I mention how much I like deadlifting? 

also weighing 182-180 consistently so that's pretty dope. I may actually have a six pack by the end of the year. 

also lost lost faith in humanity when my buddy who is a mildly functioning alcoholic who blacks the fuck out every single night is like 6'2" weighs 185lbs and can bench 275 with ease any day of the week. 

It seemed like you PR'd on bench like every week though lol.

i know i ask this question in some capacity in every thread of this type, but can anyone give me a little general guide on getting basic strength from bodyweight exercises and maybe dumbells? my tools to work with would be one pullup bar, a 30lb dumbell and a treadmill (lol no gains). i'd also be able to acquire creatine if necessary. just need some protein too. i have a few supplements like omega 3s and multivitamins.

i know diet is a huge part of it. incorporate more fruits and veggies is slowly happening for me. any good tips for someone who can only do like 10 pulls up max?

p.s. i got a fucked up shoulder from a bike wreck so push ups blow to even attempt. sad because those were my old staple when doing basics.

i know i ask this question in some capacity in every thread of this type, but can anyone give me a little general guide on getting basic strength from bodyweight exercises and maybe dumbells? my tools to work with would be one pullup bar, a 30lb dumbell and a treadmill (lol no gains). i'd also be able to acquire creatine if necessary. just need some protein too. i have a few supplements like omega 3s and multivitamins.

i know diet is a huge part of it. incorporate more fruits and veggies is slowly happening for me. any good tips for someone who can only do like 10 pulls up max?

p.s. i got a fucked up shoulder from a bike wreck so push ups blow to even attempt. sad because those were my old staple when doing basics.

Look into Russian kettlebell stuff or old I'm strongman shit. Not all (like swings) can be done with a dumbbell instead of a kb, but side presses, snatches, clean and press etc can be done with a dumbbell and are surprisingly difficult at first. Turkish getups are something to look into also. As far as the pull-ups. 10 isn't bad, do multiple sets of 8 or so, and either slowly move your grip out, add some weight to yourself or more reps over time to progress. You can also do other body weight stuff like push-ups, planks, handstand push-ups (against a wall) etc. 

all in all a real gym is your best bet but you can make do with what uou have if that's absolutely not possible.

Reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness is good too

It seemed like you PR'd on bench like every week though lol.

yeah over winter break I hit a bunch of PRs and then at the beginning of the semester I was hitting some rep PRs but I have been a cut for a couple weeks and school work is bogging me down. bench is going to the shitter. not just strength but form and tightness are just not there and I fucked my wrist even more so it hurts to bench sometimes. 

also griff, your school gym is about the same size as mine. yours is way nicer doe 

Back lifting now after about 2 weeks off because of the England trip, which was amazing.  Definitely lost a few pounds on the trip... Found it hard to get all my calories in, but I spent 9 days traveling around England so it was worth it.

I was going pretty light last Wednesday and managed to irritate my hamstring pretty badly on like my fourth set in... Which I thought was odd.  I don't remember the exact weight but it was light enough where my left leg basically gave out when I was coming out of the bottom and I was able to hop back up with most of the weight on my right leg.

Anyways it's feeling pretty good now.  I sat out of practice this past week and I've just been rehabbing it and getting it scraped by the trainers here which is fun.  Did a few sets today around 175 and it was feeling pretty good so luckily it doesn't seem like anything too bad, just an inconvenience.

Went to the doctor and had an x-ray on my back and it came back good. So nothing is wrong with me I guess lol. Just a pulled/strained muscle or some shit. Going to take some time off of deadlifting and come back super light and mess with sumo.
Started squatting today, flushed out a 4 day sched that I think is pretty solid too.

Started squatting today, flushed out a 4 day sched that I think is pretty solid too.

Started squatting today?

You're going to have a lovely tomorrow.

I power snatched 185x2 and power CJd 225x2 for a few sets last week. I have 230x2 snatch and 270x2 CJ this week which should be interesting as those are both my current PRs....

Also squatting 375x3 which will be a nightmare given how much I tend to fuck my bounce on heavy high bar squats and lose my balance.

Went to the doctor and had an x-ray on my back and it came back good. So nothing is wrong with me I guess lol. Just a pulled/strained muscle or some shit. Going to take some time off of deadlifting and come back super light and mess with sumo.

Have you ever checked to see if one of your legs is a different length than the other? Last summer my coach realized that my left leg is slightly shorter below the knee (not sure if from birth or an injury when I was younger). As a result my hips were mis aligned which led to my back being tight on one side as well, and making it much easier for me to tweak it if I didn't correct the shift when doing heavy weights. So it's something you could look into.

Well guys, another year has past. Yesterday  marked the 3rd year of the first day I worked out. I'm always excited when this happens because I get to remember how far I have come and how much further I can still get. I started with the bar on every lift, and my 1RM all time PRs are 445 deadlift, 405 squat, 205 bench, and 150 OHP. Meet wise they would be 380 squat, 203 bench, ad 424 deadlift at a body weight of 176. Speaking of body weight, when i started I was 142~ and 3 years later I'm 180+. I truly do love weight training and everything related to it. Olympic lifting, powerlifitng, strong man, body building. It's all great. Glad I could meet you all through it too :3

Congrats on all you've accomplished @Spanker, you've definitely put in the time and effort. I think like a lot of people, they start out weightlifting with a goal to get fit, or to get strong, but in the process become in love with the lifestyle of it all. Lifting can be a great social venue for meeting people. As you, others, and myself know, it's another great source of competition and self-achievement. It's also a really great self confidence booster. This is probably going to come across the wrong way, but creating a larger, more aesthetic physique has been one of the best things for both my life as a whole, and my psyche due to the fact that I'm now so confident about my body that that confidence has seeped into other parts of my personality. I've had more sex in the past 6 months of my life than all my life prior to that combined, which has less to do with my body and far more to do with the fact that I can approach women and feel confident that they're going to be attracted to me at a physical level, which allows me to take my own mind off that and focus on them and communicating (something I was already good at).

I guess what I'm getting at is, it's an awesome lifestyle. It's one of the healthiest things you can do for your body, it makes you look good, it makes you feel good, and it's a social venue as well if you let it be.