Workout/Bodybuilding III: Revengeance: Part Deux

Congrats Spanker, 

been at it since middle of January now, definitely have made some noticeable gains and it feels awesome.

Gonna start this or next week, hopefully

270x2 CJ's today. This should be interesting...and full of crying

@tarzan: Why wait? Start now or you'll keep pushing that date back.

tfw Connor follows you on Instagram

Have a meet on Saturday. Competing in the 165s again, lifts are pretty much what the were from my last meet which is really good since I was a 181er lol. Hoping to get 1,000 again. 

So fucking close god damnit. This was my third attempt from the last meet though so it's definitely an improvement. I missed the jerk multiple times today, this was the best attempt. I've jerked 130kg/286lbs from blocks before so I know I can hit this. Our feet were sticking to the platform a lot today though so I didn't quite get under any of the jerks with my front foot which fucked me.

https://instagram.com/p/1O7Tv-B6Db/?taken-by=connor.willey

So close. Gave you a follow, always love watching Olympic lifting. 
Well been sick as fuck all sat sun mon tues. so I decided to pull 405x2 Wednesday afternoon. almost died. then went to bed at 4am wed and woke up 7am this morning. ahead of schedule so I finished my work and then squatted 265x3 @9 Beltless. which is a nice PR, haven't come close to that weight Beltless ever. then did 245x3x3 which I only expected to maybe get one set of any but they moved great. really excited. one more week of this Beltless shit for squats and then belt back and all time PRs time 
Had a meet on Saturday. Did really well. Squatted 363. Had way more in me, but wanted to be safe. Benched 198, and went for 203 but they missloaded the bar so I got fucked lol. Deadlifts were weird. Warming up I felt like shit. Opened with an extremely easy 367, then went on to do an okay 402. Missed 420 on the 3rd attempt. Total was 963 at like 163bw. Came in second out of three people for 165s 20-23 and 4th out of 7 for open.
You weigh 163 Spanker? I weigh the same but I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of you before and you look a lot bigger than I do.
Im about 5'11" and weigh about 178lbs. I wanna gain about another 10lbs when ima start hitting the gym though. 185-190 seems like a good weight for me, knowing quite a low percentage of it is from fat. How did you guys motivate yourselves when you just started working out?

couple things. 

you don't have to kil yourself every work out, you would be amazed at how little you can do when you first start and still make progress. so its not like you have to endure some masochistic makes you wanna throw up workout everyday. I

second being that I picked three days of the week to go and I fucking went. I planned out on a calendar. I almost made it part of my job. I was interning at the time, so every night I would pack lunch and pack my gym bag and grab both on my way out the door. swang by the gym after work. In and out within an hour. then after not that long instead of a chore that I just sacked up and did because it is the right thing, the gym became something I looked forward to. now its an integral part of my life. honestly when i started it was a chore, but just like getting up for work or shaving or doing laundry there are somethings in life you really dont wanna do but lifes a bitch and you have to do them. 

bench still sucks, squat is actually feeling great. these three weeks of beltless squats have been great, finally getting solid core tightness down. going for a 420x2 pull next wednesday. pretty hyped for that because 420 was my 1RM for a LONG time. 

180 is great man, my roommate is 5'11 and 140. 

My goal is 145-160 at 5'8

I'm short so IDK. Here is my 3 year progress. 165ish here. A week before my meet.

Also did a light day today. 275 3 sets of 5 on squat was really easy.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/9m0I4vd.jpg[/img]

Finally got 125/275. Kept either only cleaning it and missing the jerk, or being able to jerk it off blocks/rack, but never together. I attempted 130/286 right after but my grip slipped on my left hand so I didnt get a real attempt at it. I was in Minneapolis from last saturday through wednesday though without lifting, so I'm happy with this CJ and the 100/220 snatch before it.

https://instagram.com/p/1mJ27Zh6F0/

mfw I took a tolerance break from prework out and cannibal ferox comes in the day of heavy deadlifts

cannibal ferox confirmed for actual meth. I went in and deadlifts felt like shit. i weighed in at 180 cause i had the shits yesterday and didnt eat too much and was dehyrdated. deadlifts Slow as fuck. so I hit an all time PR of 425x2 @11rpe that 2nd rep was god fucking awful and my back is super cramped up now and I almost died. so then I went on to do back for 1.5 hours and went full retard. i only left because I ran out of things to do. i feel cracked out and I can't stop smiling. 

ferox is bae 

Felt like ass yesterday. Wanted to squat 280 3X5, did the first set beltless and only got 3 on the second set with a belt. Knees are super sore from work. Shit sucks.

cannibal ferox confirmed for actual meth. I went in and deadlifts felt like shit. i weighed in at 180 cause i had the shits yesterday and didnt eat too much and was dehyrdated. deadlifts Slow as fuck. so I hit an all time PR of 425x2 @11rpe that 2nd rep was god fucking awful and my back is super cramped up now and I almost died. so then I went on to do back for 1.5 hours and went full retard. i only left because I ran out of things to do. i feel cracked out and I can't stop smiling. 

ferox is bae 

I still have a tub of the original one which was stronger from what I can tell (roommate has new formula). It's also like a year old and I'm pretty sure gotten more concentrated. Shit is insane. I save it for my heavy % weeks and just take caffeine on regular weeks so as to not build up a tolerance to it like I used to with jack3d.

I hit 118/260 for triples on CJ today. Missed a few jerks due to actually trying to make the reps a single set rather than 3 long singles, but I've never cleaned more than 225 for quick reps like that. I'm "programmed" to squat like 360x5x5 this week. Yea fucking right that's gonna go greeeat.

Did my 5x5 squats in ascending sets since I was feeling pretty beat up going into it. Made 335x5, 345x5 and lost the 5th rep of 355 forward. Dropped the weight down to 315 and did two more sets of 5 to finish the day. I haven't done this much squat volume in probably two months, and I haven't gone this heavy on sets of 5 in nearly two years when I was squatting 365x5x5 low bar. I really want to cut my legs off right now.

Got a new job at Costco like two weeks ago. I push carts 8 hours a day 5 days a week lol. Lost probably 8lbs since I started and I tried squatting on Monday. Got up to 225 for 5 and my back started hurting. RIP powerlifting as a hobby.

Got a new job at Costco like two weeks ago. I push carts 8 hours a day 5 days a week lol. Lost probably 8lbs since I started and I tried squatting on Monday. Got up to 225 for 5 and my back started hurting. RIP powerlifting as a hobby.

The fuck are you talking about, now you can get some sweet deals on food and do your shopping right after work. The red meat is stupidly high quality, dairy (butter, eggs milk primarily) come in awesome amounts. Fuck that, costco is awesome to work for and gives awesome benefits.

I also have noticed that when I worked before lifting I actually felt better since my abs and back were nicely warmed up for heavy weights. I may have had a bit of mental fatigue, but once I got into it I was stronger overall.

The fuck are you talking about, now you can get some sweet deals on food and do your shopping right after work. The red meat is stupidly high quality, dairy (butter, eggs milk primarily) come in awesome amounts. Fuck that, costco is awesome to work for and gives awesome benefits.

I also have noticed that when I worked before lifting I actually felt better since my abs and back were nicely warmed up for heavy weights. I may have had a bit of mental fatigue, but once I got into it I was stronger overall.

We don't get discounts hah it sucks. But no I agree good benefits and good place to work. I just feel really shitty because I'm running the whole time because you have to pass probation, so you have to look super impressive. I have shitty running form and and I have no endurance at all. I'm sure I'll adjust, but it might take a little.

Relish the opportunity to get paid to do GPP and conditioning.
For all those guys who want to be lazy slobs, don't worry, you've got what the girls like: http://theodysseyonline.com/clemson/dad-bod/97484
myzo you're in luck!

damn, shots fired. 

Also spanker, I worked in a fucking factory leaning into big tall boxes picking up 30+ metal pipes then assembling them and putting them back in tall boxes. 

active recovery dude. 

also also mad excited to make huge gains this summer at home. Powerlifting gym + no social life is going to be dope af

Why the fuck are you hitting enter like 3 times between statements?

Relish the opportunity to get paid to do GPP and conditioning.

That's what I've been telling my friends. PAID TO PROWLER BABY WESTSIDE

I have always done this

always

Took an extra couple days off, had a great bench session. 240x4 paused, 250x2 paused. then weighted dips 90x5. Then i smashed the living fuck out my finger while re racking 40lbs DBs. shit. 

was going to try to squat but my hips felt awful for some reason so what ever, fuck squats. 

My "light" friday's are progressively getting really heavy. Had 205x2 for 4 sets on snatch today before 240 for the same set/rep CJ. Snatches are feeling much smoother now that my balance is more towards my heels and I'm not looping the fuck out of the bar. Almost tore through my tights today though might have to stitch them up or buy a new pair of these, I really like the 3/4 length ones. Squatted an easy 305x3x3 afterwards, focusing on popping the bar up high at the end to mimic a jerk drive.

The girl I've been training is getting good. She barely missed snatching a plate today, which is about bodyweight, after about 2 months doing this. She only needs 10lbs more than that to qualify for University Nationals, and our meet isn't until June 20th, so she's definitely gonna make it since it's small technique errors holding her back right now.

Fucking 1,800+lb total at 181 no wraps. Jesus Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ufhDUZ_14

did any1 happen 2 save dave's op from the old forum

http://youtu.be/RjcZzKNoQFE

was like oh kewl new animal video, was like oh kewl that's my gym. 

excited as fuck to live at home this summer and make some nice progress. 

Started lifting again. Weight has dropped by 10lbs and strength has dropped a bit, maybe 25-35%. Hope to be back up within the month. Working out is never the problem for me. Trying to shovel down 3500 calories is the hard part. Eating is such a chore when I'm hungry skeleton mode. I need an actual routine. I would just do ABxABxx but during those days I kinda just did whatever. Never stuck to a specific program. Should probably just do SS since my upper body is much bigger than my legs. 

And what's a good calf workout? Some days I would do simple calf raises and I would barely be able to walk to the next day. Hurt way worse than regular DOMS. Not sure if I was fucking up the calf raises, that seems hard to do.