The Art Thread (Newer and Artsier)

I really loved looking through the old one. You folks are talented. 

Alright artists, you know what to do.

I never posted in the last one, but I'll start. 

I was pretty much always that guy that was like, "I can't art." Then two months ago I started drawing and absolutely loved it. I was really bad when I started (since I essentially didn't draw from 5th grade until I turned 21) so each time I do something I learn a lot and can feel myself improving. Though I'm definitely not where I want to be yet, I am really enjoying it and it gives me something to work on. 

Recently I bought charcoals and have started to enjoy them. 

Here's some rando things I've done recently. 

This is a logo I'm working on for fun. The white space to the left will have text.

Like I said, take these with a grain of salt because I have not reached a point where I'm happy with what I've done yet. I'm excited to keep on progressing and contributing this time around though.

self portrait I did holding McDoubles. The shading on the McDoubles faded quite a bit

That's really awesome man, I dig it. Well done.

I have very little in the form of artistic talent, but my mother is a pretty good artist, she mostly sticks to oil paint, but she uses other mediums too. Here are a few that I can readily find photos of.

awesome^

stobs, good stuff keep it up. are you referencing or?

Hey thanks Desa. Referencing is just looking at a picture while drawing right? Yeah, I am doing that. I would love to get to a point where I can do things without a picture in front of me, but right now I need it to get the proportions right.)

Wugums, I love that one of your mom's with on the saw disc, so cool.

i never was able to tap into that mode where you can lay down what you really want to. suppose i didnt give it enough time, like anything else ive enjoyed

will post some references when i get the chance

last thing I got really into was half skeletons/half flesh drawings and people walking into gaping mouths, good stuff but never really got it to where I was happy with any of it.

to give an idea of what that means, probably posted most of these before cuz I cant figure out why else theyd be in my library and theyre years old. I have ones where the proportions are right but fuck finding those and making pictures.

Tried to do this style, but it ended up being a bunch of copying ideas which Im never happy with

when I started thinking about shit I did a lot of heads that represented how that felt, heres a very very old one, all faded and bad pic but funny to me

My dea with the best execution is probably still this one, also found some pics in the ol library where you see me coming up with the concept so threw those in too. The idea itself with the symbols isnt my thing, but it was for my sister who was always very much into ancient egypt and shit so I just went with it. 

I really like how the light plays with the black in real light, made it very wet and thick and let certain areas thicker than others. makes it a part of the play instead of its border. 

my girlfriend's best friend is really good 

self portrait

and this one is just dope

http://imgur.com/a/ZmQF7

tried out a new pen, dunno if I like it

Eric, wow. Those are so sweet. I love the self portrait. I also love the second one. I love them both. Cool style. 

And Windex, I dig it. I like the one of the bango player the best. The Dora one is a close second, but I think the cleanliness of the bango player dawing is what appeals to me more.

EDIT: Oh snap! Slater I just saw your stuff too. Damn, I like that bottom one a lot. The color bursting out of the whiteness of the character is cool. 

Desa post pics bb.

Just picked up a pen for the first time since 2014 a few days ago. I don't think I made any pieces in 2015.

old stuff, never did finish the Hercules statue 

http://tinypic.com/r/2dgw1tc/9

Is the last one some kind of third eye illustration? Really liked it, Slater!
Ooh some good stuff in here!

some stuff from my tumblr
theres a bunch of shit on my behance and deviantart pages
and a bunch of sketches laying around

//edit

got this printed a couple years ago

itt: everyone makes me lose hope in the power and importance of art

But I don't art

I doodle at work, sometimes

you call that a doodle
gogh fuck urself