General Food Thread

Initially I was looking to make a new recipes/cooking/baking thread, but I thought "why the shit don't we just talk about all food things"?

_____

One of my favorite flavor combo's is buffalo chicken and ranch. I've started making buffalo chicken in a crock pot weekly, and it is amazing. Remarkably cheap and easy to make, and lasts a few days. You can also do a ton of things with it.

Chicken breasts [I usually use two good sized ones]
1 bottle of buffalo wing sauce [~13-14oz]
1 packet of dry ranch mix

Put all in a slow cooker for 6-7 hours.

Shred.

Enjoy.

hot wings with extra blue cheese >
Ranch > blue cheese.
Ranch is amazing on a lot of things. But blue cheese is better on wings. 

I love cooking and I love food. This is my kind of thread.

Too bad most of my cooking adventures have been colossal failures. Last week I tried to make Pad Thai, but didn't stir-fry it correctly and the noodles all fell apart after I soaked them perfectly. :(

I had some lemon flavored chicken today 2 good.

Never had Blue Cheese on hot wings. 

Hmmm been craving steak, might get some next time I'm paid. Cook always to medium rare love it all juicy and red with just the right amount of seasoning that when you take that first bite it overflows in amazing flavors bursting in your mouth. 

just finished eating a chicken shawarma platter. i love arabic food
I've cut soda out of my diet completely. Been eating a lot of fruit and veg lately, feels good man.png Ciabatta bread is my shit

I fucking love eating. Mostly southern food at home so everything is fried. Fried chicken and steak, pork, green beans, lots of potatoes, corn and all that stuff. When I'm out I usually eat foreign. My gf is Vietnamese so lots of Pho, duck, rice, bamboo, and fried noodles. Still can't figure out how to eat rice with chopsticks unless it's sticky.

Had a fried german bologna sandwich earlier with cheese and a fried egg on thick cut toast with a little mayo. Was heaven.

I've cut soda out of my diet completely. Been eating a lot of fruit and veg lately, feels good man.png Ciabatta bread is my shit

I've been (slowly) fixing my diet. I stopped drinking drinks that had sugar in the middle of November, and I haven't had a single sip of once since. I drank a ton of soda/energy drinks.

Yeah I would drink red bull and other toxic shit at least 5-6 times a week. It feels like a big achievement to cut all that out. The one thing I noticed is that I think about buying fanta or a sprite when I'm eating out with friends bc fuck paying $4.50/5.00 for a bottle of water

Still can't figure out how to eat rice with chopsticks unless it's sticky.

I would straight up ask for a fork/spoon, ain't no time to play around son

I fucking love eating. Mostly southern food at home so everything is fried. Fried chicken and steak, pork, green beans, lots of potatoes, corn and all that stuff. When I'm out I usually eat foreign. My gf is Vietnamese so lots of Pho, duck, rice, bamboo, and fried noodles. Still can't figure out how to eat rice with chopsticks unless it's sticky.

Had a fried german bologna sandwich earlier with cheese and a fried egg on thick cut toast with a little mayo. Was heaven.

Get the bowl to your face, tilt it, shovel shit into ur mouth. Ive been to asia, its the way. No fancy dinner etiquete. Just shovel shit into ur mouth. People who do it differently are wizards and should be treated with utmost distrust
We usually use a fork or spoon anyway. I can use chopsticks with ease on everything else. The rice eludes me.

I love food and I love cooking (though I've been doing it an embarrassingly low amount recently). 

I love cooking and I love food. This is my kind of thread.

Too bad most of my cooking adventures have been colossal failures. Last week I tried to make Pad Thai, but didn't stir-fry it correctly and the noodles all fell apart after I soaked them perfectly. :(

Thai food is by far my favorite food. When I lived in LA last year I cooked Pad Thai a few times. This was the first time I cooked it, it took me going to three different grocery stores and then two and a half hours of cooking (hence the pic... I swear I don't instagram all my meals). I was really happy with how it turned out.

EDIT: Just saw this discussion on the second page. I also don't drink soda, I haven't for almost three years now after I used to drink it daily. Now I don't even want it anymore. The few times I've tried it in the last couple years it's tasted really bad to me. 

Nothing tastes better than a fresh-cracked can of cold Mountain Dew.  I  literally feel like Patrick the Star when he thinks SpongeBob eats his chocolate candy bar after drinking that sweet sweet nectar.  

Same I don't think I could ever give Mountain Dew up especially if it's a Code Red one. I'll admit though I only drink that and sometimes sprite. Other then that I gave up on all the rest. 

Just made tasty hashbrowns, eggs, toast and bacon for breakfast. Mhmmmm bacon <3

Only soda ive had over the last 7 years has been when mixed with alcohol I think.

Oh fuckkkkk yeah. Phad Thai is my absolute favorite dish. Extra peanuts and green onions with lime. I get it Thai hot every time. I made about 3 pounds of it last year and froze it, at it all in two weeks.

fuck Mountain Dew.  I started introducing pop into my life after a three year hiatus solely to drink drInk dr pepper. I would rather snort any soda than drink a Mountain Dew.

Checking in with some stuffed crust pizza

Soda is chill in moderation. I'll have one every couple of weeks, usually with alcohol but sometimes I'm just craving a Coke or Dr. Pepper or something. Ginger ale doesn't count though, I drink a couple of those a week and whiskey ginger is the GOAT alcoholic beverage.

I fucking love food though. This thread is gonna be fun.

Dr. Pepper is the only exception to my no pop rule.

Im not a huge soda person, but if i see a flavor i like when im grocery shopping ill buy it, very rarely though. as well as rarely getting it, i get the 8 oz mini cans, less sugar and calories.

vanilla pepsi plz

Soda is chill in moderation. I'll have one every couple of weeks, usually with alcohol but sometimes I'm just craving a Coke or Dr. Pepper or something. Ginger ale doesn't count though, I drink a couple of those a week and whiskey ginger is the GOAT alcoholic beverage.

I fucking love food though. This thread is gonna be fun.

Ginger ale is life. In summer we stack the garage fridge with these 

I've always liked mixing the Ale 8 Ginger Ale with good bourbon.
The only time I'll ever have soda is when I eat fast food. Something about a Big Mac, fries and a 'murica sized coke taste so good together.

Dr. Pepper is the only exception to my no pop rule.

Srsly. That and Ginger Ale. My doctor told me ginger has a lot of good benefits for people.

I need to start taking more pictures of my cooking.

I never liked ginger ale. I think I'm the only one.

i gotta be in the mood for ginger ale.. i myself drink way too much pop though, mainly mountain dew and coke. been drinking alot of water past couple months, but whenever i eat a meal i just need a coke or something..

anyways just had spaghetti for breakfast, was delicious

You are, indeed, the only one.

I don't much care for it either.

had orange chicken, chow mein and fried veggies today for lunch. 

I put some brocolli in my spaghetti and chicken with tomato sauce.

It wasn't the worst thing ever.

replace the tomato with alfredo and youre onto something

Only soda ive had over the last 7 years has been when mixed with alcohol I think.

Same, but my streak started last year. Had some health problems and soda was one of the things I cut out. Now the only time I ever have it is with a mixed drink and that's even rare since I'll usually just drink Redd's or take shots and chase with something.

TIL XYOX drinks Redd's on a regular basis.