The Firearms/Weapon Discussion Thread

Glock or Springfield XD series will be well worth the money.
Illinois is a shit state for gun laws. almost as bad as commiefornia 

So do you guys have bugout bags in case SHTF? My SKS in my innawoods rifle along with a 3 day survival bag. And I keep a smaller one in my car. 

You know me, I actually thought alot about this....

I do want to make one. I always figured, if shtf....Id just go urban survival...most people (to my knowledge) would run for the hills.

I recommend this for a good read.

1.99 on kindle, hell yeah I'll read that.
If you don't want to spend too much money if you have an Academy near you I think they may still have the S&W SD9VE and SD40VE for 299$. It is a damn good gun for the money. Looks decent as well because they copied the glock design hard enough to have to pay royalties.
Just bought that book on Kindle as well. Thanks for the recommend zeus.

That's huuuuuge that they are trying to ban M855, it's not even on the list of armor peircing rounds because it is still lead core, but has a steel tip. ANY .223/5.56 round will penetrate level IIA armor(what 90% of police use) so if they can ban this round they can ban any other. Shit is disgusting, I can't stand these gun grabbing morons.

I actually bought an AR500 plate carrier and plates (level III)last August, took forever to get and they ran out of the color I ordered so I got a free upgrade to the multicam carrier, I love the site and I plan on ordering another 2 sets, possibly one set of their new level IV and another level III.

Edit: Just checked out the video, that's the exact plate carrier and plates I got, but mine's Multicam

Man, you got me jealous...Being you got all that shit, ever get your conceal carry permit?
AK doesn't require one, I always carried whether it was legal or not though living elsewhere, if you're carrying concealed, you should be the only one to know.
I never open carry long guns unless I'm in the woods. I conceal in the winter and sometimes I'll open carry in the summer. But I'll probably conceal this year since the Shield is so thin compared to my .45- doubt ill print unless I'm in a super tight shirt. Where do you carry at? I'll have mine on my 5 o' clock

AK doesn't require one, I always carried whether it was legal or not though living elsewhere, if you're carrying concealed, you should be the only one to know.

Well, California is alot different, this is why I'll be moving out of state. Bunch of gun grabbers here.

my brother has a xd-m? .40 that I've shot before. 

Mainly want 9mm since not interested in firing big bullets. Sometimes I think it would be neat to say fuck it and get a .22 AR

Mainly want 9mm since not interested in firing big bullets. Sometimes I think it would be neat to say fuck it and get a .22 AR

Just to let you know... Depending on where you're at...22 caliber is becoming a rare sight. In the the way of ammo. 223 and or 556 is actually a cheaper round these days.

Right now because it's cold as fuck, I carry with a holster in my inside pocket of my carhart, I have it sewn into the pocket, really easy to draw and be ready.

Ima have some fun at the range on Friday.

Pretty sure ive shot the same gun.  Buddy of mine got it for 400$.
So should I stock up on m855?

Just to let you know... Depending on where you're at...22 caliber is becoming a rare sight. In the the way of ammo. 223 and or 556 is actually a cheaper round these days.

I understand but goddamn I hate shooting big bullets. Want something that doesn't give much recoil. I realize it would be nothing more than a suped up bb gun but would be worth to rattle off a bunch of shots without worrying about recoil.

don't be such a puss. It's not even a big round

If you're worried about recoil, get a .380, same caliber as a 9mm but much less recoil, relatively cheap and can actually kill things with much less trouble in the event you need it. .22 is not a cheap round anymore.

Edit: or if you've got the money, pick up an FN Five-seveN, I would be quite envious.

My first handgun was a Bersa .380 my pops gave me. Little makarov clone I loved it. And I want a Mak too, weak spot for slavshit

I understand but goddamn I hate shooting big bullets. Want something that doesn't give much recoil. I realize it would be nothing more than a suped up bb gun but would be worth to rattle off a bunch of shots without worrying about recoil.

Well imagine a .22 rifle...id say doubled-quadrupled the recoil for 223/556.. Has less recoil because of the buffer spring as well.

Going to purchase the complete Lower for my AR15 next friday and purchase the Upper the next pay period. Also going to pick up a IWB holster but they are kind of hard to find for SD9's. At least good ones.
Going to purchase the complete Lower for my AR15 next friday and purchase the Upper the next pay period. Also going to pick up a IWB holster but they are kind of hard to find for SD9's. At least good ones.
You know how much your lower will be? Polymer? Aluminium? Upper caliber? This is why I love the ar, just by swapping uppers you can switch calibers. I want to get a 7.62 as well.

Getting them on sale but my lower will be 189$ and my upper will be 300$.

My ammo  bag is 250 rounds lighter today.  Having so much fun.

Man I had such a bad habit of yanking the trigger so during my last session I tried to focus on smooth fluent trigger pulls. When I did my groups were sooo clean.  The amount of mental game there is to shooting is so awesome and I think that is what will keep me doing it to get as good as I possibly can be.

some groupings, 100 yards didn't connect. I want to eventually get a scope with a transitional sight.

You're slapping that trigger to hard, that's why they're all high left.

You're slapping that trigger to hard, that's why they're all high left.

i was shooting about a round each sec standing....i just checked my sights with a bore sighter...it was off to the left a bit...so i centered windage and lowered elevation for 50+ yards

i also have a heavy trigger, so you could be right.

What lb trigger? I like an AR with a 4lb with a longer travel distance.  I hate pulling a AR trigger for short distance before it fires. Like the amount of time I pull should be equal to amount of time it takes me to exhale with slow breathing. Once I'm at the end of the breathe I fire. That's my preference though. I like 3lb triggers with a fast break on handguns. Only because that would be used in a defensive situation. Shorter trigger break, quicker follow up shots.

What lb trigger?

Yeah, id say its around 3-6 lbs (may even be more)...its just a certain amount of pressure before it goes (no travel in the pull)...just need to do some filling then itll be good.

skyson polluting the 2 best threads in off topic with shit his parents paid for -_-

mandatory slander is mandatory.

that said, i appreciate the fact that you even prep, and although i dislike the fact that you carry a shield as your primary daily, you made a good choice in owning it. i carry an XD .45c, and im soon to have an XD 9sc or a shield 9 as my ankle gun.  cant go wrong with m+p or XD.  be aware though, chris costa recently found the crowning of  his barrels on his m+ps to be blowing out causing his rounds to tumble down range.

What