The Firearms/Weapon Discussion Thread

first shot in a defensive situation will be so amped on adrenaline and fear that the weight of the trigger and the take up will mean next to nothing when you snatch it up, and if you have good trigger control anyways, the follow up shots are simple because you dont let the trigger over travel past the reset.  a 6lb trigger on a DOA pistol = 3lb if you only let it travel to its reset before you break your 2nd shot.

train, train, train.

I carried my .45 XD for 3 years before I got my shield. I switch back and forth really at the moment, just because I won't print in public with a huge winter coat on. Spring/Summer will be Shield primary. I've had no issues with it so far at the range. 

And ive actually had to pull it defensively not too long ago. I had a whole post about it on the old forums. 

shield 9 handles like a full size 1911 .45 imo

very pointable, smooth, fast shooting, tolerable recoil for some reason.  i just wouldnt carry a 7-8 shot 9mm as a primary in any weather.   not without about 4 spare mags anyways.  as it stands right now, i carry 2 spare mags for my XD and keep 2 in my vehicle with my ak and 8 30rd mags of 7.62x39

I carry 2 spare mags in my inner jacket pocket. I'll need to find at least single holder when I can't wear the jacket anymore. 

I carry 2 spare mags in my inner jacket pocket. I'll need to find at least single holder when I can't wear the jacket anymore. 

old flip phone belt hook carriers make good IWB mag pouches

also, if you havent already done it, stippling makes a world of difference on the xd .45 grip panels.  i didnt reprofile my grip or anything, no sanding with a dremel, nothing.  i stippled over the stock checkering on the front and back straps and i stippled the side panels.  all 4 spots have a different level of roughness based on what i preferred, but the grip is so dramatically better now than it was stock.  buy a soldering iron and stipple your xd grip, you wont be disappointed.  also check out doctorkote.com  ill be sending my slide off to have it cerakoted in midnight bronze as soon as i have a temporary replacement for carry.

your buddy got ripped for $60-$80 more than the gun usually sells for.

all the SDxxVE series pistols are - are renamed smith and wesson sigmas (glock knockoffs that got smith sued by glock)

after the lawsuit, the price went up a little from what the sigmas were and the name changed.  im sure there were a couple other changes, but the sigma was a glock rip off and the SDxxVE series guns are just glocks for less money.

most recent add.

just to let you guys know...there is an apparent run on all .223 and 556 rounds...glad i just bought some rounds before all this.

If you're going to copy a gun it's good to copy a good gun. I love my SD9. 

If: guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Then: Toasters don't toast toast, toast toasts toast.

Jesus stay on topic Wugums. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My full AR15 is ordered.  Got a complete upper and lower from Palmetto State Armory. Their deals are hella good and I can't find a single bad review.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/19079/s...  (Thanks to Wugums for fronting me the funds for this!)

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1213/ca...

RIP M855
http://www.infowars.com/ar-15-ammo-not-armor-piercing-according-to-law-b... It's infowars, I know.. But this article is quite accurate.

It really doesn't do shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2TBoP9Aoow

​for anyone needing ammo...

for those looking for a high quality entry level AR, look at windham weaponry.  evidently owned and run by the original bushmaster owner, held to the same standards as the pre-ban bushmasters.  if i build or buy an AR in the future, it will likely be a piston driven AR from windham.

Just ordered..

Im glad im part of this movement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRWKjXXstjI

This a blemished lower from PSA. The "blemish" is a small slight smudge you can only see in the right light. It will get worse blemishes the first time you use it to be honest. Excellent deal.

Shot a couple old revolvers today with my brother. The 357 was a S&W, not sure what brand the .22 was. 

Was a lot of fun even tho only shot 25+ rounds. 

I have yet to shoot a revolver. I really want to. 

I have yet to shoot a revolver. I really want to. 

Neither one was anything special but fuck was so satisfying.

would kill for a colt python

In my possession until my brother gets back from training...

Going to the range with him this weekend if I'm not too hungover. angel Haven't been since I was a kid so I'm excited.

Love me some SpringfieldXD. Comparable to Glock in all assets (maybe not reliability) and a much better oem sight picture.

Welcome the latest member of my family!

It's a PSA complete stock Lower and the upper has a 16" 5.56 1/8 barrel. I also bought a pretty little Magpul MBUS flip up rear sight for it.

So, wouldn't mind owning a cz-75 sp-01
CZ makes god tier weapons

my brother wants to split a 9mm. At first the beretta 92fs came to mind.

I think would rather have the cz

The beretta is a sexy gun with the open slide but it's heavy. 34 ounces iirc. 
apparently the sp-01 is heavier than the 75b. I just think the rail and rubber grips are worth it.