In Need Of Serious Editor

I want to get started on another project very soon and have many clips saved up.  Need a dedicated editor that will work with me on this video.  The editor must let me have a little creative input and must put in some serious time in this project.  A trailer will be required.  Willing to pay up to $100 for their services.  Please contact me via PM or XBL (GT: Llama Spits).  Someone make some magic with me.

http://i66.tinypic.com/wlyhiu.jpg

pay me 100 llama ill spend so much time on it
You're going to need to pay a lot more than that for someone who requires a lot of your time, especially if you want a trailer too.  Most serious/high profile trailers alone cost more than $100.  I had to pay a good $300+ for Communitage 3.
I think it's a fair price. I'd work for less than that, but I'm not a crazy editor either.
I think it depends where you're at in your life. If you're someone who just loves editing Halo and has the time for it; the price is right.  If you're working as a fulltime editor and would need to take time out of your actual job, then it's cheap. All a matter of perspective. 
I would have done it for free but I'm not sure if I have enough of the technicall skills you're looking for in this video.
I will accept 100$ in turn I will trim your clips and put them over some super sweet dubstep. The "wah wah wah... beat drop." Will be on point!

You're going to need to pay a lot more than that for someone who requires a lot of your time, especially if you want a trailer too.  Most serious/high profile trailers alone cost more than $100.  I had to pay a good $300+ for Communitage 3.

I'll do it all for free and put my best effort in just to disprove this insane logic.

It's not insane wtf. Large Halo videos take a ridiculous amount of time and effort to make. $100 isn't a lot of compensation for dozens of hours of work, especially if you're busy with other things such as work or school. Honestly, it's insane to edit a big video for free. Not to mention, unlike CS videos for example, you're likely not going to make money off of ads or views with Halo since the game has such a limited audience. Personally, larger projects (~10 minutes) just start to feel tiring, boring and difficult to complete.

I'll do it all for free and put my best effort in just to disprove this insane logic.

Not to be rude, but from what I've seen of your videos, I doubt you'll be able to make the video he's looking for lol.

Wow that's fucking ignorant kid.

I like the honesty though.

"A trailer will be required"

lmao eww

Someone just close this. I will go an alternate route.
Id do it but my hands are full right now.
And also, Im fairly intoxicated.

Not to be rude, but from what I've seen of your videos, I doubt you'll be able to make the video he's looking for lol.

Maybe not, but at least i'd be making it with the right intentions.

I guess im cheating the system then because I've never had to pay a dime.

This serious editor request has gotten a bit too...serious. 

I think it depends where you're at in your life. If you're someone who just loves editing Halo and has the time for it; the price is right.  If you're working as a fulltime editor and would need to take time out of your actual job, then it's cheap. All a matter of perspective

This is probably the closest answer in my experience of trying to find an editor.

That's a good thing. I encourage you to do it for free. That's community helping community, and that's exactly what we need more of.

Payment's not just based on what an editor can do--it's also what an editor thinks of themselves. 

I'm redacting the name out of respect--it was Spotlightz--did you know that fuckhole wanted to charge me four hundred dollars for a photoshopped image, intended to be used in a four second intro? When editors name their own prices, it gets harder for customers to have a ceiling.

I'm redacting the name out of respect--it was Spotlightz--did you know that fuckhole wanted to charge me four hundred dollars for a photoshopped image, intended to be used in a four second intro? When editors name their own prices, it gets harder for customers to have a ceiling.

Holy shit that's insane lmao.

but, ehm, if it was a community tage, with gameplay from the community, why did you end up paying over 300 bucks for the editor? what was in it for you?

also, $300 bucks is a lot, and i would never pay that for an editor. But then again, I probably dont really need a montage that professionally, and/or with that much of my own input as well. Thats maybe why for most of my tages, i was the one ending up editing it. But, even with h3 being close to dead, i did end up finding myself some great editor(s) so theres always hope. But paying $100 for a montage is not ridiculously low, and i think is more than a fair price for a montage. 
100 bucks isnt bad but you cant be too pressing about the process or expect anything above and beyond imo, money is a great motivator

but, ehm, if it was a community tage, with gameplay from the community, why did you end up paying over 300 bucks for the editor? what was in it for you?

also, $300 bucks is a lot, and i would never pay that for an editor. But then again, I probably don't really need a montage that professionally, and/or with that much of my own input as well. That's maybe why for most of my tages, i was the one ending up editing it. But, even with h3 being close to dead, i did end up finding myself some great editor(s) so theres always hope. But paying $100 for a montage is not ridiculously low, and i think is more than a fair price for a montage. 

Well, I paid because my recording services were free--I'm not going to charge people money just to press record.  What was in it for me was appreciation for my customers, a great edit through someone else's eyes, and more importantly, exposure for new customers.

In hindsight, it was a laughable waste of time that I wouldn't have done--right after everyone proclaimed it was one of the best montages they'd ever watched, I never got a single request again. And another reason I paid so much--on top of the 3D sequences that were put in(the price was originally much higher) is that only three editors out of the 150,000 total members I asked across three websites were interested and two of them bailed. At that point I would've paid Manni anything to stay on. He did the trailer for $125, and volunteered to take on the whole project for an extra $175.  That was it.

getting paided anything was a huge deal when the game was young and the average age was 15, throwing an editor 20 bucks was just showing your appreciation in some tangible way, not the conclusion of a contract. For a lot of us now 100 bucks is just some groceries, not a trip to six flags where we experience our first no-teeth blowie.

I always liked the no-pay doing it for the love of the game approach, putting monetary value on your time in any serious manner would make for rediculous prizes anyways. So Id say Llama putting up  a symbolic round figure like 100 bucks just means he understands and appreciates what it takes for you to commit to a project and wants to show you hes down to be supportive during that ride.

All the best buddos

Are we turning this into a debate thread?  Is THF BACK!?
edit yourself - it's so rewarding. I'm not even being a dick, just practice and make several videos (with your same clips), improving and pushing yourself to do more and i guarantee in a few months time you'd be satisfied with your abilities
edit yourself - it's so rewarding. I'm not even being a dick, just practice and make several videos (with your same clips), improving and pushing yourself to do more each time and i guarantee in a few months time you'd be satisfied with your abilities
edit yourself - it's so rewarding. I'm not even being a dick, just practice and make several videos (with your same clips), improving and pushing yourself to do more and i guarantee in a few months time you'd be satisfied with your abilities
Oh baby a triple post!
I for one think he should be offering at least $500 for someone to edit his clips.

I think its really hard to justify what should be charged for this montage. What are the quality of clips? How long does he want this? How much creative control is he looking for? Is there anything really over the top he is looking for like 3D animations?

Personally unless you are looking for a top notch editor (the bigger the name, usually the bigger the price), want 3D animations, want some crazy strict creative control, or some crazy length (30+ minutes); I think $100 dollars more than justifies most situations.

It always helps posting some clips along with your editor request to real in interest since people don't have a clue what they'd be working with otherwise.
I'm sure you'll get some kind of editor Matt! Either way I know it will be a good tage :)
Llama swallows.

Have to disagree on that, I love to edit my own stuff for sure, and I've been pretty happy with the results so far.
But that doesn't change the fact that I'd die for one of my montages having a proper edit.
I've started to edit using sony vegas about 2,5 years ago, it's been a long way and there have been some major improvements but if I look at the hours I've spend watching edit videos & editing myself... I'm not even close to being able to edit the way I'd want my montages to look like.

besides, editing takes up tons of times, time that some montagers might not have.
And you also can't forget there are montagers out there that don't even have edit expierence outside WMM (tho I don't think that'll be a lot haha).

Have to disagree on that, I love to edit my own stuff for sure, and I've been pretty happy with the results so far.
But that doesn't change the fact that I'd die for one of my montages having a proper edit.
I've started to edit using sony vegas about 2,5 years ago, it's been a long way and there have been some major improvements but if I look at the hours I've spend watching edit videos & editing myself... I'm not even close to being able to edit the way I'd want my montages to look like.

besides, editing takes up tons of times, time that some montagers might not have.
And you also can't forget there are montagers out there that don't even have edit expierence outside WMM (tho I don't think that'll be a lot haha).

I guess it comes down to personal preference then, i never really thought of it that way. When i started this whole making montages thing, i went into it with the idea that i wanted to edit in a certain style sort of loosely based on videos that i'd seen and enjoyed. I guess some people would prefer their montage to be all crazy fx and 3d animations and stuff which i can't do, wheras i prefer to focus the editing around the gameplay to make it shine. I dunno it depends what sort of video you're after. And in response to the windows movie maker thing, i had no prior experience other than windows movie maker when i started but i turned out ok in the end... If you make excuses not to try then you'll never improve :)