Super Smash Brothers Thread: 64, Melee, Brawl, & Smash 4 (Casual and Competitive Discussion)

I think instead of gettin an X1 I'm gonna get a Gamecube and get in the lab with Melee.

It's ok....you can admit you only have $30.

I wanna compete in a game again and H2 Classic is the only Halo I would want to play and that's not happening any time soon.

melee alone runs for $50-$100 so yea

I just checked ebay....wft

why?

I have four of them bitches for some reason. Time to make some easy money.

Pretty sure Gamecube is discontinued besides controllers as far as I know. I can cop a Gamecube for like $60 off this mom and pop store in the area. I gotta hit Twitter and see where the New England Smashers are at. I know there's a couple LAN's within an hour of me and weekly smash nights as well. I actually know a guy named Jamie that runs a pretty big NE tournament for fighters called GUTS I believe. Definitely gonna talk to him.

Just find a Wii, get it hacked, and install 20XX hack pack on it. Then you're all good to go.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-20xx-melee-training-hack-pack-3-02-up...

I have a hard copy of Melee so I don't bother with the hacks but if you're desperate or want a deep training experience then 20XX is the best out there.

Also, make sure ya'll are playing on crts. If you don't have one just find a goodwill around you. They always have one laying around for sale.

Anyone wanna do some dolphin netplay?  http://smashladder.com/

PM me for a code also like add me on teamspeak or skype or mumble or something wtf

Leffen joins TSM

Fox ADC confirmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqd_WORbPxg

​this fucking editing tho.

also if anybody would like me to edit OP to make it more useful, feel free to give some suggestions. 

yo sup guys, glad to see the Smash community is growing at H2F! 

http://multitwitch.tv/showdownsmash/showdowngg

come hang out! me and an old familiar face SirTopEmHat are in the chat!

also I'm really trying to go to CEO in orlando this year. I'm either gonna use my tag Phazix or my other one Roboturner. hopefully i can see some H2F peeps there

also here's a video of me winning $20 from my friend in melee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmUkbXwQYso

ya boi slopia made a smash 4 highlights video lol check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeJnG2iQX54

I'm Not Yelling results:

god damn when mango got that triple up air on Armada game 3 i thought for sure he was gonna win the whole set but he choked game 4 :( oh well mango still gonna get that 3rd Evo title. mangoAT mangoAT mangoAT mangoAT mangoAT

For the first time I played against kids that are actually really good (they all go to tournaments regularly and all knew cactuar) and I actually did pretty well. I beat one of the kids in a fox ditto and then got destroyed by his ICs. 

I really just wish I had time to put into getting better at this game:(

Tope (seasoned sheik veteran) actually got stationed in my area so I've been having top 100 player experience. His sheik feels like it's breaking the game, but oh do I love the experience
What Happened with the power outage that everyone's talking about? I barely got to watch the stream last night bc of studying
MVG Sandstorm results:

The power went out for a brief moment during game three of the grand finals. Both players had one stock left, but they replayed the game and Armada won to end the series 3-0. 
A few notable matches during the top eight:

Axe beat Leffen and Mango
Westballz beat Hungrybox and Mango
Armada winning the series after being down 2-0 vs Hungrybox
Hungrybox beating Leffen 3-1 in convincing fashion

It was nice to see S2J play but I'm surprised how well Westballz did.

Sandstorm was a shitstorm of a tourney.

MVG is bullshit, M2K is a baby as always, and for once Westballz didn't choke. Finally he's showing off what he's capable of.

I met westballz at paragon briefly because a mutual friend wanted to smoke him out, heheh. West played so fucking insane that I'm never leaving falco as my main, ever. Also, Angry-Sadbox was the realest shit ever. What's cool about living in Orlando/UCF is that there's weeklies across the street from campus and big names show up there a lot - Top 64 names like Plup, Colbol, and uh.. I guess eikelmann. I went a couple of times and ended up beating this brawl player in friendlies, not a huge deal. Plup is a beast with Sheik and I never see him pull out samus anymore. Colbol is pretty much Florida's best Fox. Eikelmann is a Ganon demigod (too bad bizz dumped on him at apex, he's really good)
Yeah. You live in the best region for melee that's not Socal. Jelly.

westballz' shield pressure on mango was sooooo goddam good, never gave him an inch. 

held my 2nd tournament yesterday, started with 24 people and had about a dozen there until the very end. was a super cool experience and i got my ass whooped by some of the local Colorado talent that actually play competitively with pros. luckily there were only 3 of em and most other people were casual having a good time. ended up taking 4th behind those 3 and could only take one game off of one of them (ended up playing 2 in tourney, 3rd and i played tons of friendlies). the guy the won the entire thing was barely trying, drinking and smoking while playing and destroying the guys i couldnt edge out. no idea what his tag is but we got along great and said he would help train me to whoop on the other 2 and get into the competitive scene. think im finally feeling ready enough to start consistently sparing with good players (almost 6 months removed from first picking up the game too, damn). 

moonwalks still arent getting there sadly. but double/multi-shines, shine grabs, scar jumps and couple other pretty good staples are consistently in my game finally. 

also updated OP to actually be useful. 
super nebulous 3 day 2 going on here:

http://www.twitch.tv/sigmelee

big ups to armada for taking out leffen again at drommelan 4.5, results on OP.
Super Nebulous 3 results:

thanks for making my life easy Alen.

what'd you think of drunk2j? i was kinda upset he didnt take grand finals more seriously especially when he had such a great bracket.  

what'd you think of drunk2j? i was kinda upset he didnt take grand finals more seriously especially when he had such a great bracket.

It would have been nice to see a better grand finals but Lucky played very well.
I hope S2J plays more often and attends tournaments regularly.

S2J says he doesn't go anywhere unless he can actually test his skill against people he feels are worth playing.

So he doesn't go to weeklies or anything anymore. He just plays with friends for practice.

So my roommate and I have been getting into the Melee scene lately.  He runs Sheik, and I main Marth.  I'm starting to seriously love the game.  Trying to find some locals here in CO.  

S2J says he doesn't go anywhere unless he can actually test his skill against people he feels are worth playing.

So he doesn't go to weeklies or anything anymore. He just plays with friends for practice.

the guy LITERALLY does not attempt to  edge guard 90% of the time, i wish he'd actually look at his game for a different perspective. 

So my roommate and I have been getting into the Melee scene lately.  He runs Sheik, and I main Marth.  I'm starting to seriously love the game.  Trying to find some locals here in CO.  

yo.

and there are also some great scenes around CO.

Just a question does anyone have smash 4 and want to play or is this a halo forum

Just a question does anyone have smash 4 and want to play or is this a halo forum

motherfucker, do we look like we play halo 24/7?

it twas just a joke but seriously lets get some friends codes goin maybe and get some 1v1s in

motherfucker, do we look like we play halo 24/7?

Yes.