Super Smash Brothers Thread: 64, Melee, Brawl, & Smash 4 (Casual and Competitive Discussion)

my school got bodied. i've played against most of the guys on temples team

Press Start is this weekend (9th + 10th) Link to site

Notable entrees: Mango, Leffen, M2k, Hbox, Axe, Hax, Lucky, Westballz, S2J

leffen rage quit against mango after losing to Hugs and SFAT this weekend
doubles finals and then top 8 lets gooo.

mango about to close out (arguably) the most dominant tournament run of all time. its looking more like mango, armada, and pp are in a class of their own when they are feeling themselves. evo is going to be ridic. 

edit: mango's losers run after showing up an hour late to the tourney and automatically being placed in losers: Jace, Westballz, Hax, Leffen, Shroomed, Lucky, Hbox, Axe, and a 6-0 victory against fly. 

ironically, if mango hadn't been placed in losers he probably would have taken out fly in r2. 

That was a fun tournament from what I watched. Game is just so much fun to watch. I wish n64 tournaments would be played more often, but I understand that Melee is the more likeable game.
yeah that was an insane performance. mango and armada are undeniably the best (PPMD is big question mark to me because he hardly goes to tourneys).  but i do think it's cool that this games not played in a vacuum so they can lose at anytime depending on the matchup.
Press Start results:

Mango "beat every player from rank 1-14 on SSBM rank 2014 besides PPMD, Armada, m2k, Colbol, and PewPewU"

​insane.

I met westballz at paragon briefly because a mutual friend wanted to smoke him out, heheh. West played so fucking insane that I'm never leaving falco as my main, ever. Also, Angry-Sadbox was the realest shit ever. What's cool about living in Orlando/UCF is that there's weeklies across the street from campus and big names show up there a lot - Top 64 names like Plup, Colbol, and uh.. I guess eikelmann. I went a couple of times and ended up beating this brawl player in friendlies, not a huge deal. Plup is a beast with Sheik and I never see him pull out samus anymore. Colbol is pretty much Florida's best Fox. Eikelmann is a Ganon demigod (too bad bizz dumped on him at apex, he's really good)

I've met Eikelmann before. He drove up to a North Florida regional back in February. Really good Ganon player.

He is a very good set of me recently that I ended up winning that I shouldn't have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ohvz85oeA

and here is the moment I was spared haha. 

http://gfycat.com/MildSimilarGroundbeetle

1:15 is a good combo i pulled off

what's more disheartining for Aly is that this would've been the first set he has every beaten me in.

Went to Hbox's house yesterday for his 24 hr stream marathon and played a bunch of PM and melee. My hands were sore after like 6 hours, but I feel like I understand the game a lot more now. Drove a guy named DarkSonic there and he just destroyed with Marth and ZSS: constant punishing, constant styling, etc. Everyone there was really friendly, really cool.... and really good. I took a couple of matches with Falco and maybe one? with captain falcon, and had some fun with G&W (at one point I was getting destroyed and said "if there was ever a time I needed a 9, it's now," and then I hit one... hype moment).

Hungrybox is pretty cool. I forgot he interviewed Fantano, so I was pretty surprised he had good music taste. Ended up giving him Jenny Death as a graduation/hosting present.

Please don't watch me on stream though, lol.... I got bodied by a drunk uuaa and I can't play on a monitor, lmfao. I'm still really new to the game so it was pretty embarrassing just getting bodied on stream.

- DarkSonic vs Colbol (best Fox in Florida)

I just nutted.

Went over to Eikelmann's today to take his 26-character challenge. Got 0-26'd., even though I hit a few funny 9s as G&W (the jankiest character in any smash game).

I have a lot of work to put in.

Also, FUCK FALCO I hate this character so much and I do not want to main this fucking big bird shitface

Falco is too hard to take seriously for me. I have fun playing around with him for sure but when his meta is just shine dair and randy fsmashes it's hard to dedicate yourself to playing lame. He requires a bit of stupid technology and patience to master.

Switched to Doc/Falcon.  My Doc is pretty damn good atm compared to anyone else I try to play and falcon is my "fuck it" secondary. 

Went over to Eikelmann's today to take his 26-character challenge. Got 0-26'd., even though I hit a few funny 9s as G&W (the jankiest character in any smash game).

Also, FUCK FALCO I hate this character so much and I do not want to main this fucking big bird shitface

lol damn son

nah jk Eikelmann is pretty good. i played him a few times and friendlies/tourney sets and he beat me pretty convincingly 

he got hella salty at that tournament and spit on my friend after he lost a money match to him

he apologized after so i have a lot of respect for him. he is a pretty decent guy

lol damn son

nah jk Eikelmann is pretty good. i played him a few times and friendlies/tourney sets and he beat me pretty convincingly 

he got hella salty at that tournament and spit on my friend after he lost a money match to him

he apologized after so i have a lot of respect for him. he is a pretty decent guy

Spit?? Like hocked a loogie or just salty spitoon accident spit?

I'm probably gonna see him at the weekly today if I feel like going. Wonder if Hbox is gonna go after winning GOML

After being cut of a belgian scene we're actually gaining traction. 3 tourney's coming this summer. One big at e-sportsfestival. Time to bring out the puff

lol damn son

Spit?? Like hocked a loogie or just salty spitoon accident spit?

I'm probably gonna see him at the weekly today if I feel like going. Wonder if Hbox is gonna go after winning GOML

eikelmann was hella drunk (i took a couple shots with him) and iirc he spit his drink at him. 

lol drunk eikelmann

yo saus tho

and 8bitman/esam making tr4sh look fast

^moon was playing pretty bad in that set.

my friend is teaching me c falcon. hes a fun character man (unless you're trying to make it back to the stage)

It's more of both the moon playing terrible and saus playing excellent all tourney. Leaning more towards the moon choking hard on the edgegaurds.

Also, Marth has been the links best top tier match up as proven by Axe doing pretty much the same to Tai consistently with YL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzfr9iepFgQ

​They can be a spacing nightmare for characters trying to get in with full jump aerials. Bomb punishes are mad good.

yo Stagga i'm going to a tourney this Saturday that Eikelmann will at, will report back with results.
which one? also i'm on anther's ladder, add Stagga if you want to. I'm really scrubby 
it's called L-Cancel Your Plans. search for it on Facebook. it's being held in Navarre, FL

Ya'll have prolly seen these, but some great Link/YL combo videos came out recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZbvh4hfx6o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHowzofr4Es

learning that you can boomerang cancel your taunt has changed my link/yl style game. saw the vid yesterday and its dope af. 
CEO is next weekend. all of the gods + Leffen in attendance minus PP. anybody down to set up a THF chat on twitch? 

^great trade and swag.

Mango is playing sloppy as hell, idk if its a lack of interest or trying but he doesnt seem fully here this weekend. Meanwhile Armada is JV4ing SFAT...

mango wearing the red shirt. he's playing amazing vs plup this first game, even tho plup is playing pretty amazing himself.

EDIT: HOLY FUCK! probably the best set ive EVER seen. plup completely out played mango and yet somehow mango clutched it out. wow. amazing.

CEO results:

evooooo time in 3 weeks. FC is next weekend  with Armada, Leffen, and Hbox attending. honestly cant see anybody outside of Leffen, PP, Armada winning evo, but who knows when an Hbox or Wobbles will happen.
W I N D M I L L B O I Z 
Damn I love watching competitive Melee.  This weekend had so many good matches.  Too bad PPMD didnt show up.