Do you think Halo 3: Anniversary will mark the return of Halo?

I think it will. Classic gameplay fits Halo much better.
If it's anything like H2A its going to be the nail in the coffin my friend. 
ye h2a was a huge kick in the balls, really hope h3a isnt like it in the slightest 
A bit off topic but, if it comes to PC I sure hope it's not like H2V and H5F where they made you buy Microsoft's latest OS just to play an old game. 

A bit off topic but, if it comes to PC I sure hope it's not like H2V and H5F where they made you buy Microsoft's latest OS just to play an old game. 

^This. But unfortunately it might be locked to Win10. I mean think about it, Halo 3 PC is something fans have been wanting for years and  this would be a way that MS could help market Windows 10 use . Then again, who knows.

I think it's going to be standalone. MCC was broken because it was bundled with several games all in one.

Honestly looking back MCC would have exploded if it just contained the original trilogy. One of my favorite games from my childhood Jak is a good example of what should have happened with Halo. 

The only reason I think MCC even happened though was to prolong Halo 4's life cycle. 

That and Mortal Kombat on last generation is another good example. 

Most of the time people pick Halo 3 in MCC though. I don't think 343 will have a hard time making money off of a H3A. If they make Halo 6 classic (which they probably wont ), that would be a good Halo. All hope is for H3A now. It's definitely coming though for Scorpio.
I doubt it it will be the return of Halo. But it will be the return of me hardscoping triples on Valhalla. 

I doubt it it will be the return of Halo. But it will be the return of me hardscoping triples on Valhalla. 

Good thing they're remaking all the maps, probably.