I have been playing some lately, and only a couple matches lag out or disconnect. Pretty much all my matches are complete teams, even if my team mates suck (unless I am playing with friends), and I am literally experiencing little to no lag in H2A anymore...that in itself is a complete miracle. But the game still has its bugs....I am happy that people, including myself, are able to try to enjoy matchmaking. Its far more entertaining with friends than with randoms that dont know what they are doing. Then again, you always find those people in shooters nowadays.
The only really annoying thing I am seeing is that I cannot load my Halo 4 legendary Solo campaign playthrough. I did H2A and H3 recently on Legendary Solo, but for some reason I cannot load up H4. I am on the mission where MC first finds the Prometheans and now it just freezes. I sure hope 343 patches that...I want to enjoy that game as well.
Here's 5 reasons why I disagree:
1. Can't play with friends consistently without having to reset your build every few games. Sometimes you'll get lucky but often times (especially if you have 2+ people in your party) then your friends will randomly lag out after a few matches.
2. Not enough ranked playlists. Ranks = incentive. It was something we were initially promised but 343i failed to deliver.
3. In the only ranked playlist, level 50s can match level 1s and full teams (of 3, 4, or 5) don't match their equivalent. Parties not matching parties is a huge issue and makes matchmaking nearly unplayable due to the teamwork (or lack thereof) on both teams. If you're searching alone, you should NEVER match a party of 3 or 4 as it's pretty much an automatic loss unless they're awful.
4. Lack of dedicated servers. I made a video on how to determine the host of your matchmade game(s) incase you're skeptical. Fact is, dedicated servers are a rare occurrence in matchmaking and that was one of the main selling points for Halo: MCC.
5. Connection/sound issues. The connection issues may be fixed in H1, but H2C is an abomination. If you're host, regardless of your skill level, you are automatically god. H3/H2A is playable but given that dedicated servers are rare to play on, the games can seem pretty horrid. The sound issues (mainly H3 but it's apparent in H2C) are fucking annoying. Halo 3's directional sound is completely fucked up... For example, if you're at S2 on Guardian and somebody lifts from bottom green to camo, you'll hear the lift as if somebody is lifting from snipe lift to S2. In H2C, the sound gets staticy when a lot is going on. This is most apparent on Ivory Tower and Midship.
Anyway, that's why I can't enjoy this piece of shit game. The only reason I play is to go for clips and even then, the game is still annoying and unplayable at times. Matching full teams of 3/4, bad connections, sound issues, ugh...