Is Halo 5 A Good Game?

Idk if any of you remember when I made the same post back in November when H5 was still new but its been four months and a lot of changes have been made to the game. I am 99% sure most of the negative responses from the games launch were biased opinions due to H5's massive change but after four months, you all have been able to adapt to the game and develop an honest opinion. Keeping in mind the H5 is primarily focused on the competitive Arena shooter experience and 343 was forced to neglect the casual community in order to reach their greater goal, do you think H5 was a success? To me, it was just a glimpse of what 343 plans on doing in the future and rn I am liking the game and find it much better then the recent titles we have had to work with.

you realize you just made two separate threads with the same post right?

and no, i dont. thats why i didnt buy it. its H4 with COD Advanced Warfare microtransactions and it looks and plays like its made for 8 year olds.

Idk how you're not able to navigate and post correctly on a forum when you're a so-called professional writer for several different Halo related websites and channels.
no h5 sucks 
well arnt you harsh

you realize you just made two separate threads with the same post right?

and no, i dont. thats why i didnt buy it. its H4 with COD Advanced Warfare microtransactions and it looks and plays like its made for 8 year olds.

This is why I love you.

Define good game.

Compared to HCE/2: no its not.
Compared to HR (outside of MLG)/4: yes its much better than both.
Personally I like it even more than H3, but thats because I hate H3.
Compared to other shooters, I'd rather play it than CoD, BF4, or pretty much anything.

Halo 5 is aids, ebola reach and cancer halo 4.

Only thing that can cure you from playing decreases is Halo 1, 2, 3.

I've always played halo for competitive settings and i absolutely hate H5s competitive maps and settings. I like what 343 did with HCS though. They did a great job of keeping the HCS cups/qualifiers and adding the gb ladder to get points as well. The 4s GB ladder was surprisingly populated. But I can't stand H5s competitive settings. Not a fan of radar, the boost in damage with assault rifle weapons, and there are few maps/gametypes I  actually like in H5.  Spartan charge and the pulse grenade have got to go! There a few other things that I don't like but I dont feel like listing them all. 

There are a few good things though:

I do like the skill gap that thrust and the pistol create

I like what they did with sprint. 

We're going pro in halo 6 son.

If the aiming wasnt shit my score of the game would be a 7/10, but with shit aiming 5/10

FUck 343

I've never touched Halo 5, probably won't for a while unless the price drops to like 20 bucks over the summer. From what I've seen though, the assault rifle looks ridiculous and the maps didn't look that great either. No-bloom Reach was essentially the last time I actually enjoyed Halo at all :/
IMO forge is the only worthwhile thing about H5, the rest is honestly dull, uninspired & just boring to play
I enjoy Halo 5 at it's core. I think gameplay wise it's very fun and I'm fine with most of the mechanics. The thing that has been making me angry towards this game is that 343 has made it very hard to montage in. I mainly play for clips and sometimes to win if I'm feeling sweaty, but mainly clips. Here is what makes Halo 5 hard to montage in
  • banned if you quit one game (no idea why they wouldn't want to keep people away from their game)
  • social is not social (there are hidden skill ranks)
  • automatic kicks for inactivity & a new one "deliberately losing matches"
  • the gametype strongholds in the Team Arena playlist has no sniper and sometimes no power weapons at all (you can than team beyond for that)
  • made 8 man FFA 6 man FFA
  • all gametypes including slayer have 8 second respawn
  • ​no exterm medal
  • theater is terrible

There is more of course, but If that shit was fixed i'd be slightly fucking happier because this game has a lot of potential imo. 343 just does not care about the montage community, I've reached otu to 343 people with no responses. Halo 5 is a casual & competitive game that you have to essentially break to montage in. 

Take this review how you will. At the end of the day I'm still playing shitty MCC & H5 so I'm probably the idiot.

Yeah the 8 second respawn is a joke, so fucking clueless, makes it even more boring to play
  • Theater

Take this review how you will. At the end of the day I'm still playing shitty MCC & H5 so I'm probably the idiot.

Hey man... we're all idiots here.

IMO forge is the only worthwhile thing about H5, the rest is honestly dull, uninspired & just boring to play

So much this. I can't even put my finger on it, to be honest. I like the skill gap; I think the graphics are solid; *most* of the guns are pretty enjoyable. However, I can't escape this feeling that the game is just lifeless and dull. 

I play a game like Counter Strike and I never have that feeling. Even though I know deep down it doesn't matter AT ALL what I do in the game, it feels like it does. H5 just doesn't have that. It just feels repetitive, dull, and frustrating as all fucking hell. (HOW MANY TIMES CAN I GET SOMEBODY TO 1-SHOT, AND THEN FUCKING MISS 6 SHOTS IN A ROW?!?!)

There are a lot of things to like about this game, and I hope they continue to build upon what they've actually gotten right (lord knows there wasn't much going right for MCC, so this is a step in the direction they should be going as a franchise), but this game is just a no-go for me. I don't even have fun playing with friends, wtf is that?!

343 is also kind of controlling how you play their game and that's evident when they implement ridiculous bans and patches to gameplay/maps.
They really aren't though, since you can break every single map they've created (and not created). 
Yeah but they don't want that and they're trying to fix it lol
Halo 5's price will not drop significantly for a while. With it being the main eSports title for Xbox, its value will remain pretty high for at least another year so waiting may not be the best option if you can afford to buy it. Halo 5 definitely has a serious learning curve and in my opinion, its the most difficult Halo game to master.  You will most likley bitch about how annoying it is at first but over time, i've noticed most of my friends who complained about it at first are starting to appreciate its competitiveness. 
Have you played CE or H2 competitively? Because those two games are much harder to master.

Halo 5's price will not drop significantly for a while. With it being the main eSports title for Xbox, its value will remain pretty high for at least another year so waiting may not be the best option if you can afford to buy it. Halo 5 definitely has a serious learning curve and in my opinion, its the most difficult Halo game to master.  You will most likley bitch about how annoying it is at first but over time, i've noticed most of my friends who complained about it at first are starting to appreciate its competitiveness. 

Eh.... https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/48mdbv/get_halo_5_for_26_at_targe...

Yeah, you're wrong. I'm seeing people selling it for a sixth of the price they paid. They probably hate it.
I enjoy Halo 5 at it's core. I think gameplay wise it's very fun and I'm fine with most of the mechanics. The thing that has been making me angry towards this game is that 343 has made it very hard to montage in. I mainly play for clips and sometimes to win if I'm feeling sweaty, but mainly clips. Here is what makes Halo 5 hard to montage in
  • banned if you quit one game (no idea why they wouldn't want to keep people away from their game)
  • social is not social (there are hidden skill ranks)
  • automatic kicks for inactivity & a new one "deliberately losing matches"
  • the gametype strongholds in the Team Arena playlist has no sniper and sometimes no power weapons at all (you can than team beyond for that)
  • made 8 man FFA 6 man FFA
  • all gametypes including slayer have 8 second respawn
  • ​no exterm medal
  • theater is terrible

There is more of course, but If that shit was fixed i'd be slightly fucking happier because this game has a lot of potential imo. 343 just does not care about the montage community, I've reached otu to 343 people with no responses. Halo 5 is a casual & competitive game that you have to essentially break to montage in. 

idiot

Good reply. Really adds to the discussion!

Good reply. Really adds to the discussion!

he called himself the idiot

im just emphasizing

Zarhaz have you played much of the first 3 halo's out of curiosity?

It's pretty sad because if they listened to the community and made just a few tweaks it could be a really good game that's a little short on content but that could be fleshed out in a few months.

1. Fix theater so that first person films and recorded locally alongside pulling the game file from the server. I don't care if opponents' POVs are unsynced af, but I want mine to be good at least.

2. Reduce respawn time across ALL slayer gametypes to 5 seconds. SWAT could maybe stay where it is at 3 seconds. CTF, Assault, and maybe strongholds could stay at 8 because H5 plays fast.

3. I get why they're insisting that competitive settings are vanilla settings for MM across the board, but the result is boring as fuck gameplay. Make all comp. starts BR/pistol, and keep everything else about the maps the same.

4. Fix medal display and fix the exterm glitch. Prioritize medals so that when multiple appear, only the most important are shown. So if I get a sniper headshot overkill for a hat trick on someone clambering and it's flag defense, make sure to show me the OVERKILL and some other shit maybe, idc.

Literally only 4 things and the game would be so much better. I'd personally recommend a few more like slightly nerfing automatics up close for example. Just a few tweaks and this game could be really great, but 343 is lazy and would rather just tack on more content without fixing a few core issues with game.

For some reason quoting won't work for me, but if 3 in Lemons post became the comp settings I would need weapon tweaking first. BR would need a reduction in magnetism, but I would much rather see the pistol become a 4 shot.

Other tweaking includes reducing the Snipers magnetism, seriously its a joke, especially no scoping. All Auto's need a slight reduction in distance and the plasma rifle needs a slight slower rate of fire. Rockets need a slight boost in speed once fired. Railgun can be inconsistent at times, it doesn't happen very often, but needs to be looked into. Beam rifle is also inconsistent in headshots.

For some reason quoting won't work for me, but if 3 in Lemons post became the comp settings I would need weapon tweaking first. BR would need a reduction in magnetism, but I would much rather see the pistol become a 4 shot.

Other tweaking includes reducing the Snipers magnetism, seriously its a joke, especially no scoping. All Auto's need a slight reduction in distance and the plasma rifle needs a slight slower rate of fire. Rockets need a slight boost in speed once fired. Railgun can be inconsistent at times, it doesn't happen very often, but needs to be looked into. Beam rifle is also inconsistent in headshots.

Maybe we'll see a master update tuning the whole sandbox like we did in May 2013 with H4. I recall that there they increased BR to 4 shot, increased AR + autos' damage but reduced auto aim, nerfed gauss hog magnetism (still ridiculous lol), buffed the SAW so it would maintain its half-the-killtime-of-AR nature, and a few other things. I know 343 recently patched the Sword of the Faithful beam rifle variant so that headshots work on it now. i agree, BR needs magnetism decrease. 

I agree re: rockets, storm rifle, autos, beam, and BR, but I disagree on the magnum front. Why should it become a 4 shot?

Maybe we'll see a master update tuning the whole sandbox like we did in May 2013 with H4. I recall that there they increased BR to 4 shot, increased AR + autos' damage but reduced auto aim, nerfed gauss hog magnetism (still ridiculous lol), buffed the SAW so it would maintain its half-the-killtime-of-AR nature, and a few other things. I know 343 recently patched the Sword of the Faithful beam rifle variant so that headshots work on it now. i agree, BR needs magnetism decrease. 

I agree re: rockets, storm rifle, autos, beam, and BR, but I disagree on the magnum front. Why should it become a 4 shot?

Honestly I like single shot guns over burst. I like the DMR/Pistol over the BR despite loving H2. I would rather see the pistol, that has a harder scope to use and lower magnetism than the BR or DMR, become the primary utility weapon and reduce the amount of redundant weapons in the game. You could probably remove the suppressor and no one would notice, same goes for the carbine. 

Yeah, I'd be down to see the suppressor removed from arena, but maybe keep it in Warzone just for shits/variety/commendation whores. It's not really being used at all anyways, while I think the carbine should stay just for variety and to remain a viable option in AR/pistol start gametypes.

I guess I'm just biased since I suck with the pistol in this game and that makes me not like it.

I actually don't mind the carbine, I just think people only grab it when the BR isn't available and thats the same for the LR and DMR. A lot of the time I see people opting for the pistol over the DMR and Carbine. It just seems redundant to me to have so many utility weapons that people don't generally want. I like the variety, but why do you need 3 UNSC utility weapons.