Triad : A 1v1 Montage - Gameplay by Xyox, Phizzyyy and Wanny - Edited by Wanny

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/67981x8s492kga4/Triad_Final_720.mp4

Hey guys, this video took much longer than it should have. Mainly it's on me with motivation to finish a 30 fps halo video lol. However, I am very pleased with the result. I tried to keep the snipes as clean as possible because I feel like all 3 of us have some truly great 1v1 gameplay. I would recommend you watch with headphones because imo the video will be much better. I had a blast making this with Tom and Brandon. I think this will be our only video for MCC seeing as we don't really play much. I hope everyone enjoys this and if you do give this reddit thread an upvote, would help with views/new forum members/traffic!

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3ghot2/triad_a_1v1_montage_gamepl...

Some people I/we would like to thank:

Phizzzyyy, Xyox, Vince, Terv (director), Quigg, Slow, Clown, Jordan, Chip, Chao, Swank, Kayemx, Justin, and anyone who helped me along the way!

Clips

Purple = Phizzyyy Black = Wanny Red = Xyox

Hope everyone enjoys!
Damnnn, those no scopes were sick af. Really liked the flow to this as well.

I'm gonna be honest,  the intro was really cool, and I loved how it built up, and I was really excited and was expecting really crazy editing and effects and for this montage to blow my mind.  Then, right before the drop and when the first shot should have gone off, you just cut the intro completely and went into a really plain sequence with some generic instrumental.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that kind of editing, but with your intro having that much buildup I couldn't help but feel really let down and disappointed when you just cut it to black.  

Imagine if you had just let the intro song play out and you didn't cut it right before the first shot, but instead, you kept a bunch of these amazing visuals going.  That would have been much, much more interesting to watch.

Holy fuck Wanny, .. I...I.. I love you

this is how you make a well edited serious-style 1v1 montage people, take.fucking.notes. fuck

Of course the amazing clutch clips helped, fuck I love dem shots. clean as all hell

THIS_IS_MAH_SHIT_FOLKS

as Rvideo once said on one of my videos 'this is why I spend my efforts here' gonna be jamming to this for a while

perhaps Im just loving this so much because of sleep deprivation and working 12 hour days but who cares, feels the same

btw wanny you wanna put up a download link or something because the copyright claim fucks you up the bunghole in like 99% of the countries

only complaint was it felt a bit too partitioned even though the parts werent each from a different player as far as I noticed, espcially the intro audio cut

"This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

DL-link is appreciated.
That's because someone else made the intro, not wanny. It wouldn't have been possible to continue with the same feel.
Okay sorry about that, will put up a download link asap!

That's because someone else made the intro, not wanny. It wouldn't have been possible to continue with the same feel.

Just curious, who did make the intro?

Did you even watch the video?

Says it right after the last clip

Intro was dope as fuck. Rest of the edit was pretty bland, but there were some nice clips!
4:25

Intro had me pumped. it was awesome but set a really bad standard for the body.  Body was a little bit choppy and i thought the pace made the video boring. everything was well done, it was just a let down compared to the intro. I was expecting high energy and editing to match. That type of change made the video forgettable from an editing standpoint.

Nosc's were on point and i enjoyed the gameplay quite a bit. good to see you guys haven't lost your touch on lockout.

If I'm being honest, I was so disappointed and let down, I couldn't go past a minute.  Sorry guys.  Pure gameplay on it's own doesn't really interest me like it may for the rest of yall.  
All good man, main focus was the gameplay so don't worry about it!
Just echoing the "partitioned" feel of the video as others have already expressed. That intro audio cut was harsh. GP had some sick clips though, 4sho.
Download link is now in the OP.

I'm going to preface this and just say that I'm not an editor.

The gameplay was solid, with a few pretty exceptional snipes but felt very 'run of the mill' to me. I'll have to watch it a few times to really get a read on the gameplay itself as I think the intro set a really high bar and an initial feel that the rest of the video didn't follow through on.

To me at least, it was very apparent that the intro was done by someone else and had a completely different vibe from the body of the video. I went and gave the intro song a listen. In my opinion, had the edit picked up with the same song after the cut to black it would have (with a few cuts to it) lent itself better to the gameplay than what was ultimately selected. The nature of 1v1 montages is high energy to me and the song selection paired with the use of so many different tunes felt more like it was highlights than a proper edit.

I would have to say I liked the first song most. While it wasn't as high energy as I'd have preferred you did a great job of building as new elements to the song came in. The black and white segment I take some issue with however. You start with highlighting every clip with the flash of color and fade back to black and white and eventually you just stopped. This was most likely intentional but slowly killed my interest in what was actually happening. 

I may sound super critical, but I did enjoy watching the video. Great job to everyone involved.

Super sick clips from everyone. Really enjoyed this, loved the Rocky song at the end too. Great job on the edit, Wanny. 

I'm going to preface this and just say that I'm not an editor.

The gameplay was solid, with a few pretty exceptional snipes but felt very 'run of the mill' to me. I'll have to watch it a few times to really get a read on the gameplay itself as I think the intro set a really high bar and an initial feel that the rest of the video didn't follow through on.

To me at least, it was very apparent that the intro was done by someone else and had a completely different vibe from the body of the video. I went and gave the intro song a listen. In my opinion, had the edit picked up with the same song after the cut to black it would have (with a few cuts to it) lent itself better to the gameplay than what was ultimately selected. The nature of 1v1 montages is high energy to me and the song selection paired with the use of so many different tunes felt more like it was highlights than a proper edit.

I would have to say I liked the first song most. While it wasn't as high energy as I'd have preferred you did a great job of building as new elements to the song came in. The black and white segment I take some issue with however. You start with highlighting every clip with the flash of color and fade back to black and white and eventually you just stopped. This was most likely intentional but slowly killed my interest in what was actually happening. 

I may sound super critical, but I did enjoy watching the video. Great job to everyone involved.

Hell nah man, every video has its problems. Glad you enjoyed it

meh/10
The intro was really nice.
Some sick snipes in here but I still found myself getting pretty bored as the video progressed. It was kind of like "here's my sick snipes" over and over again without any flow or editing to it. Maybe it was just the music selection that kind of bothered me. Gameplay-wise this video was nasty. 
"no editing"
LOL WANNY WAY TO MAKE A SHIT VIDEO HAHAHA
gameplay was awesome. editing was alright but I didn't really like the flow. 3 songs in a near 5 minute video made the flow of everything seem so all over the place. digged the A$AP part, not gonna lie
Ty for all the input, glad niggas is watching
Wanny, you're the reason Crisis sucked
Bury yourself
no need to be so salt boys just giving my honest opinion just like you would
Wait who are you talking to

We don't speak about that video anymore.

Im not salt lol

just weird for you to say no editing when literally every clip has some sort of editing

Maybe the best 1v1 gp I've seen since MCC came out. The edit was clean and well done, but there were too many sudden shifts for me to get fully into the video. I hope you stick around with editing, Wanny, and take on a project with a full song. 

lol'd.

But seriously, surprised this vids not getting as much positive feedback as I thought.  Yea some people had a few good points but I think thats how 1v1s should be edited. Wasnt too crazy about the music but thats up the makers of the video.  I think 1v1 videos should about the clips (obviously a good edit never hurt anyone). 

IMO  there was a hand full of mediocre clips and unfortunately the bad clips usually seem  to overshadow the good ones. Idk I guess I would suggest giving it another watch, there are some seriously disgusting clips in there especially brandons.