First Time Montage

Hey guys.  I am finally getting around to attempting to make my first halo montage. I bought the Elgato HD capture card and I have already captured all of my Halo 3 clips off of my xbox 360.  I am not looking for anything crazy. just some basic editing to some decent music.  The problem is I have no idea what to do from here..  I have never done any type of video editing whatsoever.  Can anyone here recommend an inexpensive or free editing software?(for windows). Like i said I am completely new to editing but I really want to make this happen. If you have any tips or advice I would really appreciate it!!
Anyone..?

Heh--sorry I missed this!

Of course Windows Media Maker is perfect for a novice editor--you may get made fun of, but everyone has to start somewhere. Most versions of Vegas Movie Studio(just the software) rounds about $100, not too bad.

As for free editing software, I say just pick your flavor.

Thanks for the response. I will give windows movie maker a try! I do have another question though. A lot of my old xbox 360 clips say file corrupt, is there anyway to retrieve those clips?
Does anyone know how to fix the corrupt files on xbox 360?? I have researched it but didn't find anything useful
I looked into it and seems like the corrupt film clips are lost forever? If anyone knows anything please help!!
Part of me wants to say you're probably out of luck, especially since it's on your 360. You could always try posting to r/halo about it though.

Whats up everybody!! I finally finished my first attempt at making my Halo 3 montage.  It has little to no editing since I did it using Windows Movie Maker (still looking for an editor...)  There isn't any music yet, just raw gameplay.  It is far from perfect but I was hoping that the gameplay would speak for itself. I will post the link below. Check it out and let me know what you think.  I could really use some opinions and feedback! Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF3sYh_GgME&feature=youtu.be

Anyone have a chance to watch this yet? I am seriously looking for an editor who can help me sync clips to some music and maybe work on some third person point of view and add a few angles... I also still have more clips that are not in that video.  Also any constructive criticism or comments on the video would be great!!

I haven't watched the full video but some of the clips u have are good. I would recommend u to learn to edit by yourself using some YouTube tutorials man. No one is gonna edit ur vid for free. If ur desperate u can always download editing software illegally or use any of the free ones. (Most of them probably lack tutorials) 

I learned how to use Vegas by myself it's quite easy.

Also if ur actually gonna edit this I would recommend u to use only the best clips. Not the full 7 minutes.

Cool thanks for the reply. I know the video is a little long. Also I AM willing to pay someone to do some editing for me..