Motionless - Halo 5 montage 1

So yeah, ive been playing halo 5 since launch and finally put out my first montage! Lemme know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5SsI5q-7to

Gameplay was kinda all over the place, as I guess one could expect from a first montage that uses footage from launch up until today. Some of the gameplay was pretty darn cool, like the one whiplash killtac that was all from long range and the last clip, that was dope for sure. But there were also lots of pretty random/average overkills that maybe could've been cut. Nice to see lots of variety in maps, weapons, and gametypes, and hopefully that's something you keep in mind if/when you make another montage. Just spend more time going for clips and don't be afraid to cut clips ruthlessly. Unless it's something super creative or a banger, it probably shouldn't be used. Looking forward to what you come up with in the future tho dude

Also just a tip for next time, cross fades look much cleaner on most clips than fade outs to black :) 

I think next time u should go for quality over quantity. A shorter tage would have been much better.

Cheers for the feedback, it's been a while since I made a montage so I really just wanted to put out as much gameplay as possible. It was also my first time editing in premier so it was a learning experience.

Im already working on my next one and im being much stricter on the gameplay I use, and im gonna spend longer editing too, cheers again for the feedback!

Cheers for the feedback, I'm already working on my second halo montage and I'm gonna be much stricter on the clips used and the length I make it.

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback!

Hey man, I enjoyed the video! It was pretty cool seeing the journey from the launch to now clipwise. I do have some quick notes though that may or may not help with your next project :)

I'm not the greatest editor by any means but I feel like your video would have benefited from using overlay transitions instead of the fade to black ones you were using. In Sony Vegas the program will automatically do this transition when you drag a clip on top of another one, not too sure about Premier. 

Also, song choice could have helped this video. The first song you used, while unique, didn't leave alot of room to sync clips up with the gameplay.  

The game audio was also pretty loud compared to the music. Sometimes you need to turn the actual game audio down (to where you can still hear what's going on but it's not overpowering) then add the actual sound effects to the weapons themselves for the shots you want emphasis on.

Anyways man, great stuff!

Cheers man, thats a great help! I'm a wise when it comes to photoshop (due to my work) but when it comes to video editing im awful haha. thanks for the feedback, it is a lot of help :)
Cheers man, thats a great help! I'm a wise when it comes to photoshop (due to my work) but when it comes to video editing im awful haha. thanks for the feedback, it is a lot of help :)