Post a Montage Thread 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImT1ZXbMVNM

just saw this floating about

This was my first attempt at making a montage and actually editing a video lol. Its mainly a team doubles tage. 

Check it out and tell me what you think :). Leave a like if you enjoyed it please

Youtube.com/B_HAM_MAN

Twitch.tv/B_HAM_MAN

That had some really impressive gameplay actually. These were both released in 2015 but are already in my top 10 favorites of all time, they're both legendary. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nXGyHtEpsSo https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=68we4c6YC_0

Snipers United had the best syncing in a Halo 3 montage. Not trying to be a contrarian just stating the truth.

https://youtu.be/2Q9sivbP8VI

Still probably my favorite Halo montage of all time

https://youtu.be/FXFZy-tna2w

Thanks for posting, Bx. Doubt I've ever even seen that video,  that was cool. Sometimes it felt like watching 1000 clips in 12 minutes though. Here's a video from 2008, gameplay and editing is noobish as me and my friends were new to all this but I enjoyed editing this one.

Yeah, the GP itself is boring and dry, but Phurion editing makes that video for me.  I'll check out your video too.
yeah willey2gr8's vid is the bomb diggity, good timecapsule too with the whole transition from h2 to h3

Snipers United had the best syncing in a Halo 3 montage. Not trying to be a contrarian just stating the truth.

How can a montage even have the best syncing lol? Sounds so dumb. Not to mention, pTw misses so many sync points in that video that there's no way that would be true even if you could judge which montage's syncing is better.

Agree 100%.  That video was overhyped as fuck.

How can a montage even have the best syncing lol? Sounds so dumb. Not to mention, pTw misses so many sync points in that video that there's no way that would be true even if you could judge which montage's syncing is better.

It doesn't sound dumb at all imho tbh.

"pTw misses so many sync points in that video"

There are people who actually think this, and it makes me sad.
All the sync points you think are missed were executed deliberately and precisely.

It takes a very smart individual to pan out sequences like 0:27 - 1:00, 1:29 - 1:36, & 2:05-2:26 (the whole thing, really). He's brave for being so distinctive with this video even though he knows 90% of people perceive his offbeat sync points as some sort of accident.

Agree 100%.  That video was overhyped as fuck.

Not overhyped, underrated if anything.
I highly disagree.

Here's my first ever Halo montage, It's a Swat montage with a good portion of the clips gotten in just a few days. It turned out really well for my first tage/edit. Check it out, and give a rating. Also feel free to sub too as I have a Snipers montage coming out soon.

I completely disagree. It's not genius, it looks weird as hell. Missing a huge sync point like the one at 0:53 just sounds, looks, and is bad.

The fact that you're acting like this is one of the best videos ever made is what makes me sad. This isn't even top 30.

dont know if this was posted already or not, but i liked the creative editing used in this tage without over-doing it on the angles. It really finished strong too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbtQJe_rlE0&list=WL&index=49

Glad you liked it haha. Lots of fun gathering the clips from everyone for that.

Oh man, I used to watch the second body song in that video all the time. So good. 

Actually, I also used to watch your H3 tage on my ipod in class like every day. Then I remember we played MLG together some on H3 a year or two ago and one day I just had that snap realization "oh shit... that's Eamonn from the video..." haha. 

EDIT: Might as well post it since this is the post a montage thread and I'm already talking about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_7SvfyAkmY

Wish I submitted something for that. Absolutely awesome montage.

EDIT: Man, Bagel's editing was so damn smooth. I love that first transition to Onslaught so much. BTW, speaking of videos with better syncing than Snipers United, here's one lol.

I completely disagree. It's not genius, it looks weird as hell. Missing a huge sync point like the one at 0:53 just sounds, looks, and is bad.

The fact that you're acting like this is one of the best videos ever made is what makes me sad. This isn't even top 30.

Haha yeaaaah dude:p totally weird xDDD!!

You remind me of a 16 y/o listening to avant garde for the first time. 

You think the way you do because you have shit retrospection and zero artistic value. After looking at your recent Halo Reach videos, your opinions are trivial and you shouldn't be taken slightest bit serious by anyone.  The fact that you still play Halo Reach disregards your opinions entirely. 

I bet you think MK is an amazing editor.

Lmao. The fact that you think you can recognize good editing and call MK a bad editor just shows how fucking stupid and pretentious you are. I don't like MK's style of editing but I can't live in your stupid fantasy world where apparently he's not great at what he does. Not to mention, you should maybe do some research because I haven't played Halo: Reach since 2012.  And the way you reply to my post just shows who the real 16 year old is here.

I'll do us both a favour and stop arguing because it's clear you have literally no idea what you're talking about and maybe if I don't continue this, you'll look like less of an idiot. 

It's not even top 100. LOL

Ehhh I didn't want to go too far. I'd say it's at least top 100. Not top 50 though.
I'd disagree, only because I could name 100 other Halo videos that had a bigger impact on the scene.
A big impact doesn't mean it's necessarily better. Most videos released in 2013/2014 didn't have huge impacts on the montage scene but were all objectively better than most older releases both gameplay and editing wise. I guess if you're looking at how good a video was at the time it came out, then I'd agree with you.
Yeah let's just ignore the swat tage.
Sorry man, SWAT montages in Halo are not very popular because many members of the communities agree that SWAT takes considerable less skill than regular or Hardcore settings and thus, not as entertaining.  
Sorry dude but SWAT montages are boring as hell. There's no excitement, it's just see first, kill first. Not to mention, most people who play it aren't the most skilled so the clips are pretty easy to get too.

I can't tell you how many pretentious teenagers I've seen over the years who've named themselves something generic like "Fatal" and acted like they know everything but have only put out shitty content. 

Like... you have bad opinions because you're bad. Do you know where I'm coming from or nah?

Snipers United is one of the best Halo montages ever made; easily in top 10  for Halo 3.

anybody saying that Snipers United was overhyped is stupid as fuck. that video is one of the best edits of all times and it was not as well received as it should have been. 

Snipers United isn't even Renzos best edit lol. Both .exe and his SQ are much cleaner. Snipers United drags quite a bit in the first song and has quite a bit of audio problems. Not saying it's not a great edit, but he has better stuff.

To call it one of the best edits of all time is really odd as well.

Snipers United isn't even Renzos best edit lol. Both .exe and his SQ are much cleaner. Snipers United drags quite a bit in the first song and has quite a bit of audio problems. Not saying it's not a great edit, but he has better stuff.

To call it one of the best edits of all time is really odd as well.

You took the words out of my mouth dude.

You're so idiotic it's hilarious. I can EASILY name 30 montages off the top of my head that are miles better than Snipers United lmao. Hell, pTw himself has edited at least 3 videos better than Snipers United but you're still claiming it's one of the best of all time like a complete moron.

Also, if editing ability had anything to do with being able to judge content, you'd be the last person anyone would ask so I'd shut the fuck up about my content since it's clear you have no actual point which is why you keep resorting to insulting me :)

EDIT: You know what. Let's actually try it.

Str8 Rippin, Legacy, Dualtality, Avengers, Azooz M1, .exe, Dutchy M2,  Old Man Makowski, Sandman M1, Into the TranQ (honestly most big videos Sillygoose has made can join this list), Woooly M1,  ManWithoutModem M1, Phurion and Fluxy, Best Man M1, Contractus, Prime, Legend, VYE.

Welp I could only do close to 20 off the top of my head but there's probably lots of great montages I'm forgetting. Hell, I think All the Gold 2 is a better video gameplay and editing wise. I'm not saying it's a bad video. It's pretty good, I have it saved on my desktop, and I've watched it a lot. However, to say that it is one of the best videos of all time is fucking stupid. At least do me a favour and explain why the parts you pointed out in your original reply are "genius" and maybe we can have an actual discussion.

Anyways, we can agree to disagree or you can insult my editing (or MK's) again lol. Either way, I don't care.

anybody saying that Snipers United was overhyped is stupid as fuck. that video is one of the best edits of all times and it was not as well received as it should have been. 
Good to know that people are "stupid as fuck" for disagreeing with your opinion Rhis. It's overhyped, nuff said. The fact that we're even talking about it this much sickens me.

Avengers, Azooz M1, Old Man Makowski, Sandman M1, Into the TranQ, ManWithoutModem M1, Prime, Legend,

hahahahahaha,​ shit taste - you proved my point

look at this correct opinion

& pTw is a genius, he holds the record for amount of amazing videos. I'm not saying it's his best edit, I'm saying it's one of the best H3 edits of all time. My personal favorite tage of all time happens to be Woooly (though Snipers United may objectively be his best edit).

.EXE is loaded with fabulous effects but it's too succinct - he has way more abstract edits than this for it to be considered his best video. Not to be too critical but it's also his most generic and uninspired video to date.