AYellowSnowball :: Halo 2 MCC Sticktage - Edited by SillyGoose

AYellowSnowball
Youtube: www.youtube.com/ayellowsnowball

SillyGoose
Youtube: www.youtube.com/SillyGooseGaming
Twitter: www.twitter.com/imaSillyGoose
Live Stream: www.twitch.tv/imSillyGoose

SillyGoose:
"The back story of this montage goes back almost a year ago to 2014 about a month before The Master Chief Collection (MCC) was released. I had planned to play a lot of MCC, make my own montages and edit a bunch of other peoples montages. So before MCC was released I ask AYellowSnowball (aYs) if I could edit an MCC Sticktage for him. He said yes but after the game came out and its was super broke and me just having worked on 'Into the tranQ' for 6 months straight I left burnt out of editing and decided to take a break. I ended up dropping the Sticktage I had planned for aYs and the editing break I took lasted all of 2015. 
Fast forward to about July or August maybe, aYs message me beginning me to edit his Sticktage because he couldn't find an editor. Since he didn't want anything flashy with the editing and I felt bad for dropping him since I rarely dropped projects I told him I would find it in my heart to edit it for him. Over the course of 2 or 3 months I edited this montage and here it is. 
Hope you enjoy!"

Music:
Station Earth & Roos Denayer - "Cold Green Eyes"
GUNSHIP - "Fly for Your Life"

Programs used:
Sony Vegas Pro 12.0
Adobe After Effects CS5

Ahhhh shiiiiiit.  Def. gonna watch this when I get home, leggo!

Edit: This was dope.

that was pretty cool! nice to see a sticktage in mcc.
Pretty neat nice work

Some of those sticks were awesome.

Thought the soundtrack and edit was a good choice for the vide. Nice work fellas

Those backwards launch things were sick, don't think I've seen that before. Very last clip was awesome as well.
Awesome clips, really liked the one on 2:33, I mean what are the chances of getting a launch into a launch.
AYS, Silly and Liquicity? Im down. Awesome stuff guys, these clips most be so satisfying to get haha
AYS, Silly and Liquicity? Im down. Awesome stuff guys, these clips most be so satisfying to get haha
overall really enjoyed this. I wouldve liked to see a bit more creativity in the gameplay perspective, as in, not going for the same launch spots we've all seen a hundred times, but some of the clips were pretty awesome. That accidental double launch betrayal on midship was insane and the mega on beaver at the end was sick as well. editing fit the gameplay well and i enjoyed the song, solid video guys :)
maybe i was just spoiled with the likes of Dusst and Kayem, but i expected more from an AYS tage. dont get me wrong, AYS, i still think youre probably the best non-h1/h2 sticker ever, but i wished you got a little bit more creative. that said, there were a couple pretty good clips, like the last clips of each song. 

the constant shaking and slo-mo was also very off putting.
Only thing  I didn't like were the launches on people standing still. Those never were to great to me. But other than that it was a sick watch
That stick at about 2:50 on Lockout really impressed me.  The one on Beaver Creek at like 3:45 made my jaw drop.   Didn't care too much for the music.  At times I felt that the same transition you used to display that certain clips were acquired in the same game kind of got played out after the third time.   Those last 3 sticks were just stupid, reminds me of what Abused Goat used to do back in the day.  Ending was fantastic.  Great vid Snowball, subbed to your channel.  
Loved it! 
the effect where you zoom in and screen shake got old after like the 7th time. took me out of the video nearly every single time it was used tbh. gameplay for the most part was sick minus a few average launches. gotta hand it to you, though, ays. the straight ups/frag launch was so dope. congrats on bringing something new to h2 (unless someone has done it before). either way, good on you for trying to be different. 
THIS SHIT WAS FIRE!
I'm unfortunately not blown away by it, but some of the more complex sticks were great.

I liked it! Makes me glad that old school sticks haven't lost their appeal. I especially liked the stick+stick+frag launches like on beaver creek. Nice job with those.

Also, I already hit AYS on Youtube but I'm down to edit a H4 sticky vid. hmu

Pretty damn good boys right up my ally i love sticks
Great stuff AYS! Can't wait to see the stuff you come up with in H5

Dude, honestly, I think that was a triple launch.  Key word, "think", I'm not 100 positive.  And here's my reasoning.  From my understanding, whoever's  stick is the one that launches the second stick that connects, is the one that  are credited with the Stick medal.  So if you throw a stick off the wall, and I throw a stick and it launches off your sticks explosion and sticks someone , you should get the stick medal from my understanding.  I maybe be wrong but I only started laying halo2 in MCC so maybe a old H2 player can either confirm or deny this.         

With that being  said. Here's my two arguments/beilfs why I think it's a triple launch so try to follow me.  Watching the clip (@2:33.  Multiple times ) while reading this may help ya follow my explanation .  

Point 1-   So I do the Initial launch hoping to stick the guy at top pink  . Well you can also see   that the same Red guy  on top pink that I tried to stick, has two of my teammates pursuing him from the left. One  of my teammates throws a sticky at top pink, misses  and that's the explosion  that causes my stick to launch for the second time.  Well right after my sticky launches For the second time,  you can see the red guy at top pink throw a sticky at my teammates pursuing him and You can  tell he misses because at 2:38 it shows both my teammates VERY clearly, and neither of them have a sticky on them,  But at 2:39 the sticky he   throws and misses explodes  at the perfect time that would send my  falling stick launching for a third time onto my teammate. And  I swear you can see it launch slightly after the red guys missed sticky explodes , sticking my teammate.  I've watched it in all now and I'm convinced  it launches.  

Now point 2-  This has to deal with the text that appears  when you  are killed, snipe, betrayed, stuck ect.  Say  my sticky stuck one of my teammates after the second launch, I would have  had gotten a betrayal show up. But I don't.  The  only death that pops up says "AClownWithTOAST(my teammate) stuck by CHEEKY1Monkey(my enemy). And they get the point for the kill.    

Anyways this is driving me nuts for months so if there's any old Halo two players that are very experienced that  would either verify the sticky launch thing and who gets the kill with that,  or slow this down and take a look at it for me I would best happy thanks. 

thanks yo. i appreciate the feed back. i feel  ya on seeimg the same launches as people have done in the past. i havent seen many H2 sticktages, so i wasnt sure of whats been done or not.  i def dont wanna go for sticks that have been done, im all about creativity. i actually had to stop going for like 12 launches because people had told me so or so had already done it.lol  i guess thats what happens when your 7 years late on the band wagon. lol

but,i  honestly, I think that was a triple launch.  Key word, "think", I'm not 100 positive.  And here's my reasoning.  From my understanding, whoever's  stick is the one that launches the second stick that connects, is the one that  are credited with the Stick medal.  So if you throw a stick off the wall, and I throw a stick and it launches off your sticks explosion and sticks someone , you should get the stick medal from my understanding.  I maybe be wrong but I only started laying halo2 in MCC so maybe a old H2 player can either confirm or deny this.         

With that being  said. Here's my two arguments/beilfs why I think it's a triple launch so try to follow me.  Watching the clip (@2:33.  Multiple times ) while reading this may help ya follow my explanation .  

Point 1-   So I do the Initial launch hoping to stick the guy at top pink  . Well you can also see   that the same Red guy  on top pink that I tried to stick, has two of my teammates pursuing him from the left. One  of my teammates throws a sticky at top pink, misses  and that's the explosion  that causes my stick to launch for the second time.  Well right after my sticky launches For the second time,  you can see the red guy at top pink throw a sticky at my teammates pursuing him and You can  tell he misses because at 2:38 it shows both my teammates VERY clearly, and neither of them have a sticky on them,  But at 2:39 the sticky he   throws and misses, explodes  at the perfect time that would send my  falling stick launching for a third time, sticking my teammate, which you can clearly see that he has a sticky stuck to him at this point. And  I swear you can see it launch slightly after the red guys missed sticky explodes , sticking my teammate.  I've watched it in all in slow-mo and now and I'm convinced  it launches 3 times.  

Now point 2-  This has to deal with the text that appears  when you  are killed, snipe, betrayed, stuck ect.  Say  my sticky stuck one of my teammates after the second launch, I would have  had gotten a betrayal show up, or it wouldve said a CHEEKY1Monkey killed AClownWith Toast . But It don't!  The  only death that pops up says a"AClownWith Toast"(my teammate) stuck by CHEEKY1Monkey(my enemy). And they get the point for the kill and the stickmedal as well. that is my case for why i think its a tripple launch. Maybe a first for halo 2?)    

Anyways this has been driving me nuts for months so if there's any old Halo two players that are very experienced that  would either verify the sticky launch thing and who gets the kill with that,  or slow this down and take a look at it for me I would be happy thanks. 

those beaver launches were crazy, dope shit
i dont blame ya, i wasnt to thrilled with the clips i got got either. I'd say i was super stoked with about 5 of them, the rest were meh. When MCC came out i said to ,myself im gonna play my ass off,  release a couple montages with decent sticks, and save all my beast shit for my final MCC tage and blow minds. But after a month of playing i completely lost the urge to play and forced myself to  play a couple times a week for a few hours at most, and i got all these launches in  about 4 months playing like that.
Thanks for thr comment Rhis.  And the compliment about being the best non H1-2 sticker. Always loved your shit so a compliment from you means more than the average one. But l do  i do apreciate them all. BUT, with that being said  i couldnt agree more about not being too impressed with the sticks i delivered, besides a few clips. I wasnt happy with my clips at all.  read my response to Marksman and it explains why this isnt what people probably expected from me, esp for a game like H2 where i have the potential/ability to  be up there with likes of DuSst or Kayemx when people think of the greatest H2 stickers. It sucks because i still have soooooooooooo many ideas for new creative  sticks that havent been seen.  I just lost the urge to play  completely, and im sorry for letting  people down who expected more from me. .....  BUT there was talks of me possibly doing a dualtage with one of the greatet H2 stickers of all time. Its a very slight chance, but If we decide to go through with it,  im going all out and you will not be let down. i promise that. Thanks yo
Didn't mean to respond twice