Trevx64's Final Halo 3 Montage

Alright so here's my review.  The intro is pretty cute, although you'll have to forgive me if I have a hard time believing that this will be your "Final", only because that word has been falsely tossed around so many times in this community that it has lost its meaning.  That first clip on Standoff was a great way to start the video and let your audience know what they are in for.  Just out of curiosity, were all of these glitches and tricks possible in the OG version of H3 on the 360?  The music selection here fits the theme very well, excellent choices.  As others in the this thread have said, that was the quickest 10 minute montage I have seen in a long time.  This could have easily been 20 minutes long and no one would have complained.  A lot of the gameplay here does indeed remind me of Salaya, but there are more than enough unique clips to make this project stand out on its own.  That Ninja-Trocity for the Killing Frenzy on Rat's Nest was without a doubt my favorite clip.  I didn't even know that HLG was still a thing, that's pretty surprising.  I'm glad the editing was simple, you can't really throw on a lot of effects and filters to a montage such as this one without severely detracting from the creator's intent.  I can't really put my finger on it, but for some reason this type of gameplay reminds me of old school warthog trick jumping back in the CE days.  Overall absolutely brilliant concept and execution Trev.  9/10
Wow that vid..... 2 OG 4 me lol

Alright so here's my review.  The intro is pretty cute, although you'll have to forgive me if I have a hard time believing that this will be your "Final", only because that word has been falsely tossed around so many times in this community that it has lost its meaning.  That first clip on Standoff was a great way to start the video and let your audience know what they are in for.  Just out of curiosity, were all of these glitches and tricks possible in the OG version of H3 on the 360?  The music selection here fits the theme very well, excellent choices.  As others in the this thread have said, that was the quickest 10 minute montage I have seen in a long time.  This could have easily been 20 minutes long and no one would have complained.  A lot of the gameplay here does indeed remind me of Salaya, but there are more than enough unique clips to make this project stand out on its own.  That Ninja-Trocity for the Killing Frenzy on Rat's Nest was without a doubt my favorite clip.  I didn't even know that HLG was still a thing, that's pretty surprising.  I'm glad the editing was simple, you can't really throw on a lot of effects and filters to a montage such as this one without severely detracting from the creator's intent.  I can't really put my finger on it, but for some reason this type of gameplay reminds of old school warthog trick jumping back in the CE days.  Overall absolutely brilliant concept and execution Trev.  9/10

Thanks for the comment. All the spots and jumps were possible on 360 also. lol'd at that vid, funny thing is I was considering using a few of the songs in there for this video :p I was going back and forth about using the Rats nest trocity just because I felt like it didn't fit the theme of the video. If I hadn't got the first clip, I definitely woudn't have used it. I was actually trying to set up the spot outside the rats nest window to get that clip and then they just kept spawning on me (you can tell by the warthog in the corner :P) This will be my last main H3 montage, I do plan on putting out more content though. But I want to make dualtages and try to upload a little bit more as I get stuff rather than holding onto it for months and months.

DOPE
That was amazing.
This is an instant classic. It's simply amazing, you pushed the boundaries of a 8 year old game to the extreme. If you think about the effort it takes to get in one of those spots just to get a kill damn but it's worth it so much.
I remember a few months back when you showed me some of the spots and now I can see them in action, soooo good. I also remember alot of those spots from HLG  hiding spot videos from like '08 & '09 but they were never used to make kills.It's like the perfected version of anything HLG ever produced. I can see the work that was needed to create this Video and you got my dearest respect got that. That is probably the best way to go out with a bang of Halo 3. I will rewatch this  alot for sure aand I wil also make a thread on the Halowheelwen forums so theyy get to see this masterpiece too. 

Have a good one.

This is an instant classic. It's simply amazing, you pushed the boundaries of a 8 year old game to the extreme. If you think about the effort it takes to get in one of those spots just to get a kill damn but it's worth it so much.
I remember a few months back when you showed me some of the spots and now I can see them in action, soooo good. I also remember alot of those spots from HLG  hiding spot videos from like '08 & '09 but they were never used to make kills.It's like the perfected version of anything HLG ever produced. I can see the work that was needed to create this Video and you got my dearest respect got that. That is probably the best way to go out with a bang of Halo 3. I will rewatch this  alot for sure aand I wil also make a thread on the Halowheelwen forums so theyy get to see this masterpiece too. 

Have a good one.

Thanks Gorillars, I made a thread on there just now. It was a tedious and stressful adventure but I am happy with the result. I was trying to do pretty much exactly what you said; make a video to put together the best HLG in H3 in an entertaining way which was very difficult for me.  And also break the entire game haha. Some of the spots are new and many of them were never really done online, it's kind of cool to think that I may be the only person to ever walk in certain areas on H3 online when it was played by millions of people :)

Left my full thoughts on youtube but basically this was fucking incredible.

I agree with luckydutch, an instant classic