FatRat :: Overtale - A Halo 3 Montage

What's up guys!

Most of you are probably aware that HaloFollower recently acquired a montage team consisting of quite a few known names, and FatRat wanted to make a montage with some royalty free music, because anything copyrighted won't be uploaded to HaloFollower's channel. Nobody else was up for it, so I was asked to step in to do it last minute. Therefore I am happy to present 'Overtale', my very first project created for someone else than myself.

This was picked up and completed on a very short notice, but I am very happy with what I managed to put together. FatRat gave me some of his best leftovers from his 3rd montage (which won the last event we hosted), and I can only thank him for trusting me with his crazy gameplay.

I usually have a plan whenever I start a new project, but during this I had to come up with ideas at the same time that I was bringing them to life. I don't consider myself a very talented editor, but I always try my best to stick to a theme and make the best video I possibly can. I recently discovered the amazing indie game 'Undertale', made by Toby Fox, and I completely fell in love with it. When I on top of that found a remix of the games original soundtrack (which amazingly enough wasn't copyrighted), I had to jump on it. My ideas sprung out, and this is what was created.

I hope you all enjoy.

FatRat
www.youtube.com/FatRatLOL
www.twitter.com/FatRatlol

Marksman
www.youtube.com/iRooKziE
www.twitter.com/mofknMarksman

Music:
TGH - Your Last Dream (Undertale 'His Theme' & 'Hopes and Dreams' Remix)

Download link: will be made available if requested

Also, check out the game UNDERTALE if you haven't already.
This video was inspired by it, and it's a fantastic game that deserves to be experienced.

If that man cannon play would have connected... Great vid, guys! 
awesome video. editing was spot on and fatrats gameplay is heavenly :)

great job marksman, excellent intro, that's pretty much what I used to go for, just synch text well and its cool as fuck. Great pick with the song, the Undertale OST is pretty fucking great. 

Gameplay really picked up throughout, much enjoyed it.

Well worth the watch

I loved the transition at 3:58
When the song slowed down I was expecting more pixelated moments and I felt it would have brought more into the theme of the montage/song.

Great video, great editing, well worth the watch.

Thanks for taking this on and finishing it so quickly Daniel, I really love how it turned out. I hope you all enjoy. It really feels great to get such good feedback on these videos and it's a huge part of why I continue to make them, so thank you all!
I was very hesitant to use any pixelation at all, because the quality of the footage was already sub-par (no pointing fingers/blaming, I was fine with working around it), and it could have potentially just made it look even worse without looking like it was put in on purpose. It would have been a lot easier to pull off if it was 1080p MCC footage we were using.

That transition was v well done, I agree.

Nice job to FatRat and Marksman! The edit was perfect and wasn't too stressful on my hungover eyes. The multi team may have turned off some, but the shots were so incredible with 241s and swag all over the place that I hardly cared. Nice tage, even for so-called "leftovers"

That was a really fun watch, marksman your videos always have a great laid back vibe to it.
Fucking hell, that gameplay.  Fun video :)
the music makes this so cringe

cannot watch
lol we get it already, you're too mature for montages
Nothing like some good ol' 360 Halo 3. Loved the whole thing
awesome video!
lol we get it already, you're too mature for montages

it's about cringe inducing material not maturity
this song is literally something I'd hear coming out of a scene girls headphones in high school

the sped up/slow motion to show off the clips to this aesthetic is cringe as fuck

No one gives a fuck what you think lmao.

Everything had a really good flow to it. First 360 montage I've watched in a while, good stuff.

you seem confused inxy. im here if you wanna talk 

It's hard enough as it is to find royalty free music, and you just have to accept that a lot of it sounds like this. In this day and age most free music is created digitally, and I guess this is the genre they hang on to. I personally really enjoyed the song because it's a remix of one of my favorite soundtracks from a great game, and I felt really lucky to find it. I edited this video the way I thought would fit the music, and if you can't watch it that's your problem.

I don't think you have anything against me; if I remember correctly you've said some nice things about my videos in the past, so I can accept that you don't like this. I was just poking fun at you for making an entire thread revolving around your own hostility towards certain kinds of videos. 

No one gives a fuck what you think lmao.

Everything had a really good flow to it. First 360 montage I've watched in a while, good stuff.

you seem confused inxy. im here if you wanna talk 

if you still look the way you did in this vid I'll do much more than just talk

hmu if you're bi or gay like me hehe xD

It's hard enough as it is to find royalty free music, and you just have to accept that a lot of it sounds like this. In this day and age most free music is created digitally, and I guess this is the genre they hang on to. I personally really enjoyed the song because it's a remix of one of my favorite soundtracks from a great game, and I felt really lucky to find it. I edited this video the way I thought would fit the music, and if you can't watch it that's your problem.

I don't think you have anything against me; if I remember correctly you've said some nice things about my videos in the past, so I can accept that you don't like this. I was just poking fun at you for making an entire thread revolving around your own hostility towards certain kinds of videos. 

Why does the music need to be royalty free, is he really that poor that he needs his adsense account to be filled up with $6?

wut, marksman literally wrote "Most of you are probably aware that HaloFollower recently acquired a montage team consisting of quite a few known names, and FatRat wanted to make a montage with some royalty free music, because anything copyrighted won't be uploaded to HaloFollower's channel. " at the top of the OP
I don't think he wants to take the risk of getting strikes for using copyrighted material without the creators consent. And yeah, he wants those 6$.

wut, marksman literally wrote "Most of you are probably aware that HaloFollower recently acquired a montage team consisting of quite a few known names, and FatRat wanted to make a montage with some royalty free music, because anything copyrighted won't be uploaded to HaloFollower's channel. " at the top of the OP

Montage team, wew  lad.

I look stunning compared to back then. 

Do you still look the way you did in this pic? If so I'll do much more than just talk  XDXDXD

I look stunning compared to back then. 

Do you still look the way you did in this pic? If so I'll do much more than just talk  XDXDXD

"I look stunning"
>calls me narcissistic

We would have amazing sex, seriously, you have to come to NYC.