Mint Blitz - The Awakening - Halo 5 Montage 3

Enjoy everyone, heres my entry into the comp.​

Shoutout to Bullet Rebel for the edit, Love it man :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXWXRDKIN8E

The last clip was very cool
Wow, have never play H5 and don't really understand it but that was crazy. That last clip was indeed very cool.

I really hate Halo 5 and social nubtages, but despite those prejudices I still really enjoyed this video. I was very hesitant to even watch it because of the length, but I'm glad I did. I really liked how the video was put together. The gameplay was as good as it's going to get regarding social H5 videos. The ridiculous amount of multi-kills and your abounding creativity really won me over. This is definitely the best Halo 5 video I've seen, but I've yet to see anyone come out with a competitive Halo 5 montage.

Crazy multi's mixed in with amazing creativeness.  Loved it.  Good luck in the contest!

Okay, so there are too many positives to note that I won't go into all of them; I don't have the time, so please take that into consideration when you read this. 

I personally felt like the intro sequence with the talking was corny, but it somehow worked out pretty well. I didn't think it would work when I first saw what you were doing, but it turned for me towards the end. The music wasn't something I was too fond of, especially not for 13 minutes, but I really do understand that you wanted this to feel epic. 

I really wish you did not use stabilize as your safety net for so many of the launch snipes and trickshots (can't believe I'm even saying this about a Halo video), and I do understand that going for them without it would be immensely harder and take 10x as long.. but it really did ruin some of them for me. I would have gone nuts over most, but the stabilize just brought them down to a 'eh, I guess that's cool'. Some other clips that made me wonder a bit were some of the sick shots for multis that you hit, but they happened to be bodyshots. It might just be me, but I don't think I would main something with a crazy last shot that wasn't a headshot; it's kinda like the stabilize thing for me, it brings it down to a 'meh, somewhat cool' level.

Other than that I can't really say much from just a single watch. I'll repeat myself though: the positives outweigh the negatives in large quantities. I don't even have a count on how many Killionaires you got (even though that one detail is starting to level out Halo 5 montaging with Halo 4's, which was basically a Killionaire fiesta all over. Is that a good or a bad thing? Hard to say), and I'm really happy you got someone else to do the editing for you. No offense to you, but when you make a montage it usually turns out very basic - and surprisingly enough - Bullet Rebel seemed to replicate that style to some degree while still adding a little bit of his own flare to it. He really made it feel like it was yours, but he enhanced the experience for sure.

I really enjoyed it, and it is probably the best Halo 5 montage to date. I even think it tops Kampys montage, with the exception of a few clips of his.

Thanks for the review Dan, I think all the trickshots were headshots but yeah stabilize is just something I couldn't be bothered swapping on and off over and over.

I really wish you did not use stabilize as your safety net for so many of the launch snipes and trickshots (can't believe I'm even saying this about a Halo video), and I do understand that going for them without it would be immensely harder and take 10x as long.. but it really did ruin some of them for me. I would have gone nuts over most, but the stabilize just brought them down to a 'eh, I guess that's cool'. Some other clips that made me wonder a bit were some of the sick shots for multis that you hit, but they happened to be bodyshots. It might just be me, but I don't think I would main something with a crazy last shot that wasn't a headshot; it's kinda like the stabilize thing for me, it brings it down to a 'meh, somewhat cool' level.

While stabilize is a crutch and most of this is a social/warzone montage, I don't discredit them all that much because I would never play without it. Plus you still move at a fast rate for a couple second before you even out (at least in the launch clips). It's most definitely not as cool, but I wouldn't dock points for doing something that is a necessity for almost all players.

#Winning

Beam Rifle shot for the falling triple at 6:59 and the noscope over on 11:01 were bodyshots, but those are the only ones I noticed. I don't think I would have used them as main clips for that very reason, but maybe I'm just terribly picky.

edit: I never used stabilize, and if I had to I still had the option to click my stick in to do it while I was zoomed in. I don't like seeing stabilize set as automatic when you're in the air and zoom in, even though it's the default setting. Changing the setting doesn't remove the entire function, you just actually have a choice whether or not to use it in midair.

Saying they were "ruined" because of it was harsh of me; they would be a lot more impressive without it would be a better way to put it.

the clips were certainly great, but idk man, i can only watch so many warzone clips after a little bit then it just starts to feel "meh" 

good shit tho, remy

This was a really entertaining watch my man. I was surprised how fast the time went. The clips were sick and I loved the variety at times.

Only critique I have is the audio was out of sync quite often, and I thought that the clip placement was a bit odd at times (like a Naire being followed up with a lower multi with the exact same weapon, etc.)

The Arena naire and the last ground pound were my favorite clips. I would honestly like to see a re-edit with only the Arena clips at some point :)

im in the works of a comp h5 tage, i share your opinion

I really hate Halo 5 and social nubtages, but despite those prejudices I still really enjoyed this video. I was very hesitant to even watch it because of the length, but I'm glad I did. I really liked how the video was put together. The gameplay was as good as it's going to get regarding social H5 videos. The ridiculous amount of multi-kills and your abounding creativity really won me over. This is definitely the best Halo 5 video I've seen, but I've yet to see anyone come out with a competitive Halo 5 montage.

im in the works of a comp h5 tage, i share your opinion

fun vid though mint, i enjoyed it
Glad y'all enjoyed it :) I thought for Bullet Rebels first large edit and the timeframe he did very well and I enjoy the video and so do other people which its all that matters.
Fun fact it took me 50 fucking banshees to get that last clip
I actually really enjoyed the intro, and the music spiced up a lot of the duck-hunt clips. Amazing job though, here I thought nobody was gonna top Kampy in H5

I really wish you did not use stabilize as your safety net for so many of the launch snipes and trickshots (can't believe I'm even saying this about a Halo video), and I do understand that going for them without it would be immensely harder and take 10x as long.. but it really did ruin some of them for me. I would have gone nuts over most, but the stabilize just brought them down to a 'eh, I guess that's cool'.

So i was wondering why no one mentioned that in the youtube comment section. I am really upset about this thing. For example, me and hambxne (mainly hambxne) are trying to do several launching techniques on reach. You really don't wanna know how many times we just get splattered (which means, we have to wait for the next sniper/next goose/hog/falcon). And were are always going for a fancy Quick- or Noscope. Because THAT MAKES THE CLIP imo. One day we will get the clip we are dreaming of and we will be so happy because we know how many attempts it took and how much time we invested. Thats why i liked kampys tage more. You could really feel, how many attempts it took to get those super slide clipsSo the launches which you are going for are not really impressing to me. Sorry.

Some other clips that made me wonder a bit were some of the sick shots for multis that you hit, but they happened to be bodyshots. It might just be me, but I don't think I would main something with a crazy last shot that wasn't a headshot; it's kinda like the stabilize thing for me, it brings it down to a 'meh, somewhat cool' level.

No its just "meh" imo.

Another point is the whole intro thing. I'm not buying it. Idk it just doesn't worked for me. The epic theme with those duckhunting clips were too overdone for me.  I also think that you could have cut atleast 3 minutes of the montage. Besides that i really liked some of the duckhunt clips and the 4v4 naire was sick af. Last clip was of course mindblowing and the best single kill ive ever seen in H5.

But like i said: Kampy takes this round :)

13 minutes long?  Damn, well I'm still watching it at least twice.  Let's see what the world's best Australian montage kid can bring to the table.

One thing I want to start off with is how seamless your transition from MCC into Halo 5 was Mint.   I still miss your CE and H2 stuff but I like how your style and ability never changed.  I have not reviewed one of your videos in a while so I'm excited to see how much you have improved.

I've never heard of Bullet Rebel before, so I'm not sure what to expect here.  This intro is really fucking dope.  One thing I would have done differently is have some kind of Flood or Forerunner themed background instead of just all black.  That voice sounds exactly like the Gravemind, but if I remember correctly he talked a lot slower.  I'll admit at this point I'm just being picky.  That Killionaire x2 at the beginning with the Binary Rifle is so cheap and those spawns were so generous, love it!  I was never a fan of using smurf accounts but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get those multis.  That 4v4 naire on CTF Coliseum was fucking gross, probably my favorite clip.  One addition I really like in H5 is the Perfect Kill medal, I wish they had that in previous games.  I like the out of map glitches, reminds me of superbouncing in Halo 2.  Someone should submit an H2 superjumptage into the contest, that would earn my vote.

The timing and syncing in this montage is stellar.  Especially the Killpocalypse at the 5:20 mark.  Damn, some of these remakes are gorgeous. I really like the Burial Mounds one.  Your editing is pretty simple, less is more always floats with me.  The Mantis on top on the Banshee trick had me dying, wasn't that clip in a top 10 or something like that?  The quality of opponents is kinda 'meh' but I wasn't expecting hardcore gameplay coming in to this so I'm not disappointed.  The Railgun is over powered in H5, but you do use it very well.  I do find it interest to see how the REQ pack system works in conjunction with montaging in Warzone.  The only thing I can think of that is close to it is Diesel's Halo Reach M2 where he got some clips in Invasion.   There are indeed too many medals in H5 but at least it's not as bad as MCC if you turn the new ones on for H 1/2.  

Some of these snipes are just ridiculous, like how do connect on all this shit?  The music selection here is really good.  I usually like soundtracks with lyrics but I find myself digging this.  That last clip was God-Like, someone needs to make a GIF of that.  Wow.  I could have done without all the shotgun kills though.

No ending, no credits?  Interesting.  Overall I did like this video.  The theme, presentation, and motive are all clear to me.  My only real complaint is that it did not feel personal.  I wish there was something more here to make me strongly recall this montage when the contest is wrapping up in the summer. 

Verdict: One can of imported Foster's Lager too deep.

Thanks for the review dude, I actually have a version that goes Yes, now you are ready and then it fades to black, wasn't feeling the ending though and wanted to end on a high. But since M4 is in the works now I feel the intro of the next tage will tie in nicely with this ending on the clip and finally in a years time M5 comes out completing the story and trilogy making an hour long film/montage when combined. Everything is done for a reason. Below is the link to the last 10 - 15 seconds with the finishing part.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwa0LucCn8usYmNtRFQ1Q1FUQVU/view
Honestly turned it off after seeing the "4v4" naire where you just leave them to cap a flag while you spawn kill them, like cmon.  I definitely used to be a huge social clip bigot but I let up with that awhile back, but this was just too much for me. 
You've commented on Phoenix III but I guess you forgot about that :)
Also, I had a better background/atmosphere for the intro and outro but the render time was ridiculously long (~30 hours). 
Really liked the clips with something clutch going on or some style in them but maybe a bit too many were like the ones you see in the average Halo montage: kill as many thumbless kittens in a short amount of time as possible. Liked the edit but not a fan of the whole epicness overload soundtrack.
I guess I did, my bad. You'll have post a link or something. And yeah long render times are a bitch.
That was a cool watch. I have to be honest when I say that this isn't really my type of video. The intense/epic music over top of the social style gameplay. That being said there were some clips in there that were impressive enough that it did kind of go along with the music, but for the majority of it I found it hard (personally) to get into the feel of the video. I recall enjoying your more basic videos more even, in terms of the overall feel of the video, not necessarily in terms of the gameplay. I enjoyed the creativity shown in some of the plays and overall I did enjoy it.
would have liked it better if it was around 8 minutes of those trickshots and most arena clips, with at most a few of those warzone clips. t\that is because most of those high multi's, like the naire with the railgun, are not even impressive to me. only thing they relied on was if those people would walk towards you, which they did. there were quite a few of those clips of the typical 'duckhunt' type, which people often dislike (not just here, but i've seen people comment on it for years), as do i. Don't get why people still go for it when it is well known the majority don't even appreciate it. but anyhow, impressive tage. 13 minutes went by pretty fast and there were still quite some impressive clips in there! 
Just have to say that this has by far the coolest front page image I've seen since the new THF.
I don't think any halo video is going to convince me to buy H5 and/or play it, but this was probably the closest I'll come to having those thoughts lol. Wasn't a fan of the music selection, always thought that stuff was kind of corny and gave it a trailer vibe to it. But it was a great watch and the time actually went by pretty quick. 
For real dude, montage comp's gonna bring some sweet ones as well :D
Thanks. I surprisingly spend quite some time making my thumbnails.
Fuck I read that wrong.
That last clip was an epic way to end it. A couple of clips were on just straight bad kids, but I don't find myself getting 'aires in at all lol. Overall very enjoyable, great job!
Another day, another awesome front page c: