Bringing back the Ultimate Halo Fragvid Collection?

Anything ontop of that in terms of making a accessible database for finding and searching videos was not intended to tie together with the torrent, just came up organically with the discussion.

Yes, I understand, and I think getting the torrent distributed to as many parties as possible is a great thing. But seeing as I've built a feature into the site with the intent of being everything that the collection is and more, and already have the infrastructure in place, I'm simply tying that into the conversation. I did not mean to imply that I expected you or anyone else in here to join in on that process though.

I feel you misunderstand nv1, we were thinking of creating a new collection for the montages released in the time since this collection was launched. Before the files are lost. We then realized it would be to big for a torrent.

So as we were thinking of letting people send in their videos to us that are not in the collection, then my proposal was to have them send in the metadata (filename - title- editor etc.) so we can copy that to a google sheet and basically use it to add to our videos page but with files linked to it, thomas would then upload anything not on youtube to youtube and add those links to the sheet.

That way people themselves fill in the sheet (little work for lets say 10/20 videos a person might send in), because as we know it is very hard to get people to sit through such a thing on their own for videos they dont have a direct connection with. 

That way we would not fill out the sheet we currently have, but add to it with the videos from the past 5 years. Which is not less or more worthwhile, but much easier to log as people would send in their own data with their video submissions and we wouldnt have to go through it like me and mike did.

If you can find people who are willing to do what me and mike did with the old torrent, great. Either way it's a good time to collect the videos from the past 5 years before they go, and this is the way to do it where we can integrate it with the site as a torrent wouldnt be practical. 

Ahh, did not realize this. Ok that sounds fine then. If you gather the meta data on the front side of this, then we'll basically have everything we need to import into the video system later. Good work.
Ight I'll try to write it up sometime this week in a short and simple way and will make a try out thread in VIP to see if it makes sense.
Downloading at 1.5MB/s now, but only uploading at 300KB, I guess though I'm on the low end of completion so not much I can serve up.

So close!

92%!!!
Who the hell is downloading at 5-15MB\s, dear god I wish I had your internet. 
100% woooo!

Abuse it while it's on this high-speed server folks. 

Well I had moved it to my external to download but it's being dumb, so I moved it to my internal RAID for now, should stop pausing every so often or I'd be done by now.
Were gonna be working out the kinks on the set up for the preserving history 2 initiative after we launch the tournament feature.
Still have the collection. Seeding!
Link's gone--Again.
where the real files u goddamn file junkies. all the links are broken
I think all the links are broken. I need this in my life.
hello
hey guy
hi all
Hey, guys!  I have been seeding this torrent on various trackers for years, now.  I have the original and complete collection on my home server.  I found this thread because the latest tracker I was seeding it on decided to randomly delete it.  I would be quite interested in supporting any effort to add to this collection as so many new Halo titles have released since this collection was originally archived.

Hey, guys!  I have been seeding this torrent on various trackers for years, now.  I have the original and complete collection on my home server.  I found this thread because the latest tracker I was seeding it on decided to randomly delete it.  I would be quite interested in supporting any effort to add to this collection as so many new Halo titles have released since this collection was originally archived.

hey man, there was an initiative a while back, I'll check up on what's happening with it.

Is there another tracker we can use for this? In the process of archiving a bunch of data on my new unlimited ACD and was reminded when uploading what I had.

The only two problems I see with this are;

1. Sheer quantity, to put together a collection like this is taking potentially hundreds if not thousands of videos and putting it in one collection - cool as fuck, but nearly impossible.

2. Some hard nugget is going to feel empowered that something shockingly shit or with no relevance has to be put into the collection (if anybody has seen Parks and Recreation with the time capsule, a bit like that).

YT channel perhaps best option

2. Some hard nugget is going to feel empowered that something shockingly shit or with no relevance has to be put into the collection (if anybody has seen Parks and Recreation with the time capsule, a bit like that).

Pfft. A good 35% of the 1st collection is already "shit"--one-off montages from people no one's ever heard of, unnamed capture card quality tests, "gameplay footage" that lasts only 16 seconds with nobody doing anything--some of the videos in there aren't even from Halo.

We're not filtering content based on how many cocks the uploader sucked, how much MLG is in it, or which Halo game you want to see. It's a celebration of Halo creativity, in all its forms. Be it a high production fragvid, a Windows Movie Maker 1st tage' a machinima with less than 300 episodes(Congrats, RT!) or even that hilarious commercial you guys forgot in 2005.

Simple as this--we hold an open arms submission period. All halo videos, regardless of content, can be submitted by creators or friends. Let's face it--the old stars of H2F and H3F are dead now--they won't be able to send theirs in. Those who have downloaded their videos can submit on their behalf.

The most recent Halo videos admitted into the THF Ultimate Halo Fragvid Collection were all from the Reach Beta. That's 2010. So we draw the line at 2015, and all videos made between 2010(Reach Beta/Retail) to 2015(MCC/Halo 5) will be eligible. We can upload lost relics of the ancients, but we can also focus more on the newer generations.

We need more machinimas, more music videos, and even Campaign might not be a bad idea. If the video size is too big, just put it through Handbrake. 

I'd like to reiterate that I am more than willing to head up production of the second collection. I've got several terabytes of hard drive space, and my internet connection is solid and reliable. Not to mention, I'm fantastic with organizing and keeping records.

This can be done,and it can be done easily. We just need the initiative.

Pfft. A good 35% of the 1st collection is already "shit"--one-off montages from people no one's ever heard of, unnamed capture card quality tests, "gameplay footage" that lasts only 16 seconds with nobody doing anything--some of the videos in there aren't even from Halo.

We're not filtering content based on how many cocks the uploader sucked, how much MLG is in it, or which Halo game you want to see. It's a celebration of Halo creativity, in all its forms. Be it a high production fragvid, a Windows Movie Maker 1st tage' a machinima with less than 300 episodes(Congrats, RT!) or even that hilarious commercial you guys forgot in 2005.

Simple as this--we hold an open arms submission period. All halo videos, regardless of content, can be submitted by creators or friends. Let's face it--the old stars of H2F and H3F are dead now--they won't be able to send theirs in. Those who have downloaded their videos can submit on their behalf.

The most recent Halo videos admitted into the THF Ultimate Halo Fragvid Collection were all from the Reach Beta. That's 2010. So we draw the line at 2015, and all videos made between 2010(Reach Beta/Retail) to 2015(MCC/Halo 5) will be eligible. We can upload lost relics of the ancients, but we can also focus more on the newer generations.

We need more machinimas, more music videos, and even Campaign might not be a bad idea. If the video size is too big, just put it through Handbrake. 

I'd like to reiterate that I am more than willing to head up production of the second collection. I've got several terabytes of hard drive space, and my internet connection is solid and reliable. Not to mention, I'm fantastic with organizing and keeping records.

This can be done,and it can be done easily. We just need the initiative.

I'm not really being horrible after you wrote all that but do you really want xXx supermlgbrianpro xXx's first  360 no scopez montage recorded on a potato on here?

If they're from THF, you better believe it
what's a fragvid?

is this suitable?

is this suitable?

You're a THF member.

Honestly, SEC's (if we have enough) could be its own subfolder--I completely forgot about that channel.

Let's do it.

Who would want to weed through a collection of shitty videos?

THIS IS MY POINT THAT VIDEO I MADE 5/6 YEARS AGO SUCKS

I weed through shitty videos every single time I look at the front page.

But seriously, there's no filtering process needed.
  1. Are you from THF? Yes.
  2. Do you have content from someone who died at THF? Yes.
  3. Was it made before 2016? Yes.

That's it. The rest is just overthinking it. Besides, I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I want to spearhead this second collection...so I would want to weed through shitty videos.

Have fun putting together a collection that literally only you would want to go through.
Have fun putting together a collection that literally only you would want to go through.