Bringing back the Ultimate Halo Fragvid Collection?

I just recently moved this to a network attached 4TB volume, unfortunately my torrent only hash checks to 99%. I'll post a new torrent later today with an updated tracker (one that actually works) and hopefully one of the many other people (lowstrife or Crest) that has this can seed me to 100%. 

EDIT: Strife made a new torrent with updated trackers: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Bjorn-Dropbox/Preserving-History-The-Ultimate-Halo-Fragvid-Collection.torrent

& I'm seeding it on my home connection, I dunno why I stopped seeding the old torrent! Maybe the trackers died, I'm not sure. I added all the public trackers that are active now, so instead of the original 2 trackers that were on the first torrent there are now over 20.  

Bjorn posted a link to his S3 hosting (active in August 2019):

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Bjorn-Dropbox/Preserving-History-The-Ultimate-H...

In practice, I have it on a Raid 5 array and two mirrored 4TB discs, Bjorn has it on his own house\server setup, and Crest has it archived as well. I think we have enough redundancy to keep this around for a very very long time.

Who would want to weed through a collection of shitty videos?

I weed through shitty videos every single time I look at the front page.

But seriously, there's no filtering process needed.

Are you from THF? Yes.
Do you have content from someone who died at THF? Yes.
Was it made before 2016? Yes.

That's it. The rest is just overthinking it. Besides, I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I want to spearhead this second collection...so I would want to weed through shitty videos.

When I created this, I intentionally did not remove anything I considered shitty. EVERYTHING got in. Why? It's not my job to do that, and space wasn't really an issue, I just wanted to include everything physically possible. The submissions process was pretty impressive, so many people contributed. 

I'm in the process of restructuring my data storage. So I needed the torrent to check what I had, and what was still good. But I got 0 peers. I am planning on building a low power 24/7 fileserver for centralizing all my data and consolidating backups which then get pushed offsite. Want to move my workstation to all flash as well. Planning on going with a ReFS on storage spaces 2way mirror. I've considered DrivePool, BTRFS, ZFS, regular raid. Etc. Seems like the best fit for me. Only issue is how it controls the drives in such a low-level that even smart is basically confused.

I got no peers though so it's just stalled on qbittorrent. I got some files of it on my machine, I thought I had a full copy of it on a separate external on my shelf, but I'm trying to find a copy of the whole collection. And I think I'm missing some bits which got lost while moving data. I was consolidating about 15TB of data in June when pulling my stuff off crashplan.

I also now use ACD'd unlimited plan for all cloud data storage. I have some encrypted backup clients going to it. As well as me just dumping my data on it. I can store a encrypted archive of the entire collection on there as well and give out share keys if some specific people want to begin seeding, don't want to lose the service due to "hosting" files.

As for including "shitty" videos. Some of my most treasured videos are shitty. Through distributed "hosting", I hope to hold onto all of those videos. I think also those videos are hosted on Archive.org right? But the collection itself might be a bit of a mess on there.

Yeah, the torrent is stalling on qbittorrent for me as well. Getting no peers.

Should be working now. I'm download now. Still looking for my full archive though, I know I got it somewhere. Once I do I'll stop my torrent, replace files, rehash check and start it back up.

I just put it on my seedbox.

Make sure you have DHT and peer exchange and everything turned on.

I just put it on my seedbox.

Sweet, thanks. Whatbox is a good company if a little more expensive than someone like Feral.

For a little bit I saw like 10 peers come online and go away. Been uploading between .7-1.1MB/s for a bit. Feels good man.
If anyone needed to fill out their collection or wanted to grab it. We got a couple peers open and a few MB/s worth of of collective download available. Mine will be on and I got my client set to try to be online at all times. I will need to limit my upload since I'm still doing a few TB of offsite backups for the coming weeks/months.

Make sure you have DHT and peer exchange and everything turned on

I'm using Deluge, have all that turned on, but am getting no peers... occasionally one will pop up, but it'll go away almost immediately. 

I opened this, downloaded the torrent file, and opened it with Deluge

I'm using Deluge, have all that turned on, but am getting no peers... occasionally one will pop up, but it'll go away almost immediately. 

This is what sucks about small torrents sometimes, there always are connectivity problems in small swarms. Do you regularly use torrents and don't have connection issues? Otherwise I dunno what to say. There are multiple connective peers and all of that. Have you tried different torrent clients as well? utorrent 2.2.1, transmission, etc.

This is what sucks about small torrents sometimes, there always are connectivity problems in small swarms. Do you regularly use torrents and don't have connection issues? Otherwise I dunno what to say. There are multiple connective peers and all of that. Have you tried different torrent clients as well? utorrent 2.2.1, transmission, etc.

Used Deluge for a year or two now, never had a problem with torrents.. I'll try another client sometime today. 

I stopped seeding on my desktop so my banana pi could hash check the files. It should be seeding from there in a day or two. I'll also be switching over to an ODROID soon, so performance should be improved.

Seeding on the banana pi again, ODROID should be up and running by Thursday.

A reminder that we still got a few peers who can seed. If you wanted to double check your copy. we're online.
Which reminds me--is there anyone with the collection out there willing to upload it to a direct download site like MEGA, just in case the torrent breaks? We can split it by game, or into volumes, whichever is more efficient.

I'm uploading it to my ACD(Amazon Cloud Drive) account (as well as a bunch of other stuff, so it's slow). I can give out share links. I don't know how much amazon would be ok with me basically hosting lots of data. But I can use it as a "seed" for people who want to setup a seeding server for it. 

I might put up each folder as a separate 7zip archive or something.

Wow who is downloading at 20MB\s, lucky bastard to get that much speed from a single thread to the seedbox. 

Archiving on mega or amazon may work yeah, but only as initial seeding only crest is right they won't really be chill with lots of bandwidth being used. Torrents are still pretty much the best we have. Between Bjorn Crest and I the data will be reliability backed up and can be revitalized just like this time at ease.

I'm also glad my H2V montage was in this... I finished what I did at a good time to keep it included in this collection. This is actually the only reason why I have the source encodes for what I made, I lost all the data so I was never able to finish it.

In order to make things more reliable. I broke up the collection into a series of 20GB .7z files.  With it split on each specific Game. Meaning you'd download the Halo directory with two files, and Halo 2 with 5. Chose 20GB as a happy medium between too many files and making sure people's downloads, if failing, wouldn't take a crazy amount of time to redownload. When I've used Google's Takeout system downloads failed all the time. Started with 10GB, but Halo2's directory would be like 11 files.

ACD supports up to 50GB for storing, however through the browser, you can't bulk DL over 5GB or 1000files. So I wanted to make downloading one file at a time not as tedious and went with 20GB. So it'd be one file at a time, but only for like 20 files total. So I'll still experiment for what would be best. Not running compression on it since I'd save about 300mb for the entire torrent almost.

It'll take me a while to put those up, but once it's up I'll let people know. From there just ask me somewhere if you need to start a seeding server and there are no peers on, and I can give you the link to it. Don't want to make the ACD link the primary download.

laugh

Ok, I got the archive on my ACD, took forever somehow. But ran my rclone with checksums to make sure it's all valid. So if anyone ever wants to have the collection or wants to begin seeding it and some how there are no peers, send me a message on FB, Twitter, Here, email or whatever and I can give you the link to the ACD archive. It also includes the latest torrent file so you can connect to everyone.

plz seed <3

Welp, I thought I had been seeding this for a long time but when I went to check on it all the data was missing. Honestly not sure how I keep losing 230GB of videos. I'm downloading again now too.

Got the collection from Crest. Am seeding again, and I will upload to a personal S3 bucket as another backup.

EDIT: S3 upload complete and am fully seeding again.

Some say this collection is still alive and well.

I just purchased a year subscription to a seedbox to push this collection out since I intend to share it a little bit since I just got the bug to do so. It will max your download speeds. Enjoy friends.

I’ll see if I can clear space on my seedbox to download it again or just save the montages.

I may have some videos NOT included in this collection, but I can't confirm at the moment. If any of you guys are interested, definitely follow up with an email and I'd be glad to get some videos back to you.

Sickdickstick!

Good shit for seeding again

Thanks for seeding again!

I noticed I have some Halo 2 (highlighted the ones I immediately noticed) and Reach (and possibly H3) videos not currently in the collection, unless their file names are wildly different from mine for some reason. I'll post pics of my folders for Halo 2, 3, and Reach. If anyone wants anything, you can email me or message me on Discord.

Email: phbkphbk@gmail.com

Discord ID: xPhobiK#9885

Halo 2:

Halo 3:

Halo Reach:

Thanks guys. Sounds good to me. I'm glad you have more but honestly I think it's unlikely to create a V2. Not quite enough new stuff. There may be duplicates, what I originally did was also sort by filesize to find duplicates as well.  Counters the whole name change shin-dig. 

Crest could you update Bjorns link to the torrent file? Your link in the OP is dead. 

Seeing Problematique and Crisis on those screen grabs made me smile. I’m glad people are still archiving this stuff.

Seeing Problematique and Crisis on those screen grabs made me smile. I’m glad people are still archiving this stuff.

Yeah, same. It's been a close call a few times. But thanks

I suppose the end goal is to get it up on youtube. Thankfully a lot already exists already under airguitar901, but that's pretty much limited to just montages, and not the rest of the stuff here. 

Thanks guys. Sounds good to me. I'm glad you have more but honestly I think it's unlikely to create a V2. Not quite enough new stuff.

Yeah, we tried that. ;-)

Started downloading this to my seedbox and will help seed it. I also uploaded nearly 500 classic montages (mostly H2) to Archive.org between 2010 and 2012 . You can stream them or download the originals if you just want to search for a few favorites. 

My server has 24 days left in it's subscription. Hopefully anyone downloading can finish before it expires.

I probably won't be renewing and seeding this; since 10 years on... Making it publicly accessible for 4 people a year just isn't worth it. So long and thanks for all the cake :)

https://i.imgur.com/aHjsefG.png

thanks for the heads up, Ill inform some folks

https://twitter.com/Dutchyvids/status/1231236869918162944