My 100 Favourite Halo 3 Montages Part V (Final)

The finale

20. Revolver (Dutchy, Herbal T) edited by Sor3

19. That’s Life (Orangeclock, Quiggy) edited by Revenge

18. Snip3down: The Movie edited by Vidol

17. Fatrat H3M1

16. The Animatage by thestrangestick

15. Double Dragon by Hyena and Mantis

14. Kampy’s Final (but not really his final)

13. Todd H3M2 edited by Tunney

12. Good Morning (Foley) edited by Phurion

11. The Montage (ManWithoutModem) edited by Muggsy

10. Dutchy H3M2 edited by Exus

9. Fatrat H3M3

8. Spawn H3 Final edited by TranQ

7. Into the TranQ edited by SillyGoose

6. Blizzard from the Netherworld II by Hyena

5. Best Man H3M edited by Sor3

4. Phresh (Elite C56, Wafflebrains) edited by OrphanSlayer

3. Mastery by Hyena

2. Prime edited by Hwnt

1. Tizoxic H3M edited by Wanny Legacy edited by Zola

Just a shout out to anyone who gave me any feedback. This was a much more difficult project than I expected. I ended up writing almost 28000 words and a lot of it I was tired of myself and felt I was getting repetitive and incomprehensible. It truly made it worth it to hear encouraging words from some of the best montagers (plenty of them being on this list) as well as general feedback from everyone else. That goes for those who posted disagreeing with my placements. If everyone had the same opinions, list like this would be boring. That being said, I look forward to being told I forgot Contractus, anything from the Rewind series, Sanguine Wave, Dutchy's M3 or any other montage I missed. I won't be doing any more of these since I don't know any other game well enough. Also, Marksman you made me feel bad because Mind Over Matter was one of my last 5 or cuts from this list.

Not much to say about this one. Very happy to see Legacy at #1 because, in my eyes, it's just the perfect montage and the rain sequence plus the ending song is just so powerful. No question, best montage ever. Also surprised but glad to see Kampy's MLG tage (and Foley's) in this because I'm an absolute sucker for great MLG gameplay and these two montages were fantastic. I was making a list after your last write up, and it was also in my top 20! Mastery, Best Man, and TranQ are all placed well too.
Love the top 20.

Great way to finish it off, and I feel honored to be the one typo I've found in the entire 28 000 word, five part project (I should probably just change my gamertag to Marskman, honestly).

I don't think I have a lot to add to what you've said about any of these videos, but I do feel like I used to see Phresh exactly how you do, but for some reason it has changed for me, and I don't think I enjoy it as much as I did when it was fresh. So intended btw. 
Oh, and please don't feel bad for not including Mind over Matter. I realize that I haven't created anything that is incredibly noteworthy in my 'career', and my entire montaging experience has pretty much been a build-up to that one damn video that I want to blow everyone away with. It will happen someday, that I can promise you, and when it does I hope it sails right into your top 10 and pushes one of tranQ's videos out on it's ass.

But all jokes aside, this is my favorite montage list created by anyone, and it'll take a lot of effort to push it out of it's spot. Bravo.

I can't wait to see your big montage man. Some of your screen shots look amazing haha.
Really good write ups! Will you ever make changes to this as new montages come out?  Phresh is a beautiful montage, one day they will start and finish Rephresh I hope.

So glad you have Phresh up there, one of my all time favorites.

As expected Legacy is number 1. Into the Tranq IMO shouldnt be in the top 10. Plus i never saw street lights up there, So gg.

Fantastic write up for each montage, your descriptions are on point, also thanks for the kind words

Thoroughly enjoyed this thing, thank you for taking the time to do this! I was a little surprised that Snipedown's first tage only got 17th, which I understand if you didn't like the music or took into account all the host clips/1month clips, but the amount of clips he had on high level players, occasionally making it look like he's playing on a 1month, is just crazy. Not crazy about Kampy's final so if it were my list I would swap them probably.

One of my favorite montages of all time is Phurion's Good Morning, so I am very happy to see it here despite being pretty short. Foley's clips are against very good players for the most part and some of the snipes he hits made me freak the fuck out back in the day. I also used to really enjoy the "almost" clips where the medals fade, but now I can see that they were actually fairly late, so its still cool to see but not as impressive as I initially thought. Also thanks for the shoutout. I literally clicked on this page, scrolled through real quick, and when I saw this tage I said let me read this one real quick and then I'll go in order. Then I saw my name and shit bricks lol thanks, I am confident that my tage will be better, but its all opinion and its amazing how I wanted a tage like this back in the day so bad and you are saying that mine could compare to it, feels good man.

MWM just missed the top 10, thought Muggsy did an amazing job and the gameplay was very solid. The cannon snipes were stupid to me, even though at the time it was released it wasn't too bad.

Tranq and Bestman top 7 and 5 GOOD SHIT! Tranq's tage was my favorite last contest and Bestmans tage is in many people's top for mlg montages.

Mastery top 3 I can definitely see, I disliked some things about it, while others made me yell words of disbelief out loud. Probably his best montage for H3, but he is my favorite montager of all time for the content he has be giving as of late. The Supreme Demonstration is one of my all time favorites.

Prime is so sick, easily top 2.

Legacy is obvious, and that last song...R.I.P. H3 Memories

Oooooooooh we have so much in common, what type of montage are you going to make???????

Whynot Tranq top 20?

And your not saying Street Lights is better are you???

I'd say my gameplay is very varied, but mostly social. I have clips from all kinds of playlists, and I have set a goal for myself to get clips on as many different maps as possible. I know yours is going to be MLG, so put me on the opposite end of the spectrum. I do have a few clips from 50 high Team Snipers, but also a lot of newer ones I have gotten in MCC, so they might be hard to distinguish. I think they'll have to go as social as well.
That's cool, I like social montages too. Looking forward to seeing what you got!

Really good write ups! Will you ever make changes to this as new montages come out?  Phresh is a beautiful montage, one day they will start and finish Rephresh I hope.

I don't think so. It's far too much effort to do this all over again and I don't think it'll be as interesting if I do a new one every year or so. There are definitely going to be montages coming out in this comp that would place, though. Or I hope anyway.

As great as I think this list was, I still can't fathom how Dlongo's montage by Zhestal wasn't in the top 100 at all (unless I somehow missed it) or at least just one of Ishii's tages. Honestly, Dlongo has some of the best h3 social gameplay I've ever seen.
As great as I think this list was, I still can't fathom how Dlongo's montage by Zhestal wasn't in the top 100 at all (unless I somehow missed it) or at least just one of Ishii's tages. Honestly, Dlongo has some of the best h3 social gameplay I've ever seen.
I love how much work you put into this man.  Someday I'll get around to reading and responding to many of your posts about each montage.  I think it's mostly agreeable, I'm sure most of us would just switch a few places here and there.   Again, great effort into your list.  Makes me want to do my own list one day.

Dlongo's gameplay is breathtaking, but I can't stand the edit. Ishii's montages miss out for just about no reason, though. I know his gameplay is stellar and he's put out a lot of projects, but I've never really connected with any of his work (outside of 5DV and his edit on the quadtage). If anything would have made it for him, it would have been his M8.

Massive props for continuing to be so thorough all the way through, I suck at reviewing montages so I can't imagine doing something like this. It really makes me happy to see all 3 of my "main" montages on your list, especially because I love the other videos you've included so much (and I have trouble being objective when comparing my own montages to other videos).

and yea i did rub my little rat hands together when you mentioned sigur ros

Sad to see it over of course, but it was a fantastic thread series. You had triggered a lot of good nostalgic memories, and your reviews were very enjoyable.

I can't help but wonder how many of us will end up doing the same thing, or something very similar!

I don't think so. It's far too much effort to do this all over again and I don't think it'll be as interesting if I do a new one every year or so. There are definitely going to be montages coming out in this comp that would place, though. Or I hope anyway.

Not necessarily make a new list but rather modify this one and compile all 5 parts into 1 single thread so people can look at it very easily and try to have it pinned or something for new people on the site, just an idea. I appreciate all the work and I couldn't imagine doing the whole thing over again lol, not at all what I meant. Just shift tages, and expand the reviews as new ones come out or something, idk :P

haha, I appreciate the kind thought. Yeah, maybe one day in the future I'll update it without the writeups, but I don't think I'm knowledgeable or thorough enough with the montage scene for my own personal list to be pinned.
I might do something similar for Reach, although not top 100 since I can't even think of 50 Reach montages I like lol.
The rain at the end of legacy <3 that shit makes me cri. Great job on the list man, i haven't read every entry, just picked out reviews for the tages that i liked but you did a very thorough job. Also, your rankings are most agreeable. Whilst your list had a little more MLG tages than i would have picked, i still find the overall top 100 to be pretty right in my eyes, and out of the top 20 i would have agreed with about 10 of them which is pretty good when you consider that this sort of thing is almost entirely subjective. 

It's crazy to think hwnt is this big youtuber now. Whereas Muggsy, Zola, and Vidol all kept doing what they were doing and made a career out of it.

Also, I completely forgot about Best Man's tage. That was my shit when it came out. 

It's crazy to think hwnt is this big youtuber now. Whereas Muggsy, Zola, and Vidol all kept doing what they were doing and made a career out of it.

Also, I completely forgot about Best Man's tage. That was my shit when it came out. 

Ye Muggsy is going in rn. He's been filming a ton of stuff for OpTic lately.  OpTic Muggsy down the line would be unreal.

@Neurosis Sorry to bump this, but I stumbled across it when trying to find a different thread, and was pretty fucking humbled to see The Animatage in there, especially as it's one of my pretty old edits and I can't help but watch it with a very critical eye. Good list in general; I love shit like this and will be checking back to see if there are any gems I've missed. Cheers. :)

Have you seen my latest edit, THINK OF THE CHILDREN btw? Not 'cause I'm saying it would change this list, but because it shows how much my GP and editing has improved.

Yeah, I've seen it before, though I haven't watched it many times. Just watched it again. You're a fucked up dude. Love it.