Skullcrack

Yo,

This is a video I was supposed to finish long ago, clips are like way over a year old. Figured I'd submit this to the competition, it seems to lack Halo but is fortunately strong on the sequels' side. This video's mostly about sniper play on FFA servers, your standard Halo PC stuff. But I had fun editing this, experimenting with video effects. I'll make a new video with more recent clips and focus on 2v2 next.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1PoLMrp-nnOWjEwXzZJRlpLVUk

fucking awesome
absolutely loved the editing!! very cool video!
This was fucking sick.
YO SON I JUST PAUSED THIS VIDEO TO SAY THE THPS1 INTRO/MENU MUSIC HIT ME WITH A NOSTALGIA BOMB

Your one of few people who's videos I actually watch all the way through and care to leave a comment on. The fun you're having really shines through, the editing is beautifully simplistic making it easy on the senses and very enjoyable. 

Yeah gunna need a download for this, i think my favourite from you, everything just worked so well, very entertaining, also that reskinned sidewinder is beautiful

This is amazing, for real. 5:00-5:30 is fuckin' perfect. The old school comic/newspaper print to start it was almost disorienting yet still so clean. The little tech glitch transitioning from RR to CO is so clean and the CO clip is especially dope. A tacx3 all headshots with a TSK as well. The missed shot for trip to start doesn't take away from this clip whatsoever, you got the head on second shot if I am seeing it correctly. Legit a top CO clip of all time for me. The reskinned Sidewinder is fuckin' perfect. I almost feel like it's miles ahead of the original's appearance. It makes me want to see a snow themed Timberland.

You're a monster at matching effects with the music man. Just a stellar job. Pumped for your 2s vid.

Nice fucking work man. Loved it.
I liked this video.  But I'ma have to get good and baked before I can write a review for it.  Soon.
Wow thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate it! I'd play a snowy Timbo too, not sure if there's actually one. Added a download link to OP.

Stop the comp, we have a winner.

I was hugely sceptical at first when watching this but it grew on me quickly. Excellent video :)

where can I download the game. and yeah this is obviously the winner
Are you a psychedelic explorer? Really enjoyable vid, Lat! 
Old school, nice. That was pretty trippy though man - I couldn't really get into it but it was pretty snazzy.
wasnt really feeling this one tbh, made it halfway but it just seemed really monotone imo
If Hyena and BL4CKOUT's editing styles had a baby this would be it. Such a sick montage, loved the trippy effects. Is this Halo custom edition? I've never seen H2 look like that before lmao

Is this Halo custom edition?

Yeah, it's CE. Game's free to download but you need the CD key from  Halo PC. There are ways to get them without purchasing the game but I won't go into that. Make sure to get the lastest patch and Halo Anticheat 2 for server bookmarks, adjustable field of view and automatic map downloads.

that shit was sick man! I love the editing 

That intro was sick nasty dawg.  I liked the transition at 1:02, but dear god why do you guys play on Foundry?  I never enjoyed that map nor anything forged from it.  Oh God Amplified too?  Why!!?!?!?!

Dude why are your hands so long and bony?  Yo what movie was that scene from?  That was too legit!

That Bacon map is the shit haha.  Again great soundtrack as always, where do you even find music like this?   That version of Lockout ya'll play n looks whack.  Someone should recreate this one for Halo PC.  The double kill on that interesting Sanc remake was probably my favorite play.  There's too many to point out, but man there's a lot of gorgeous maps that looks really fun the play on.  That Silent Sniper is too real.

I like the clips that have the audio include.  Definitely makes it feel more real or personal.  I did enjoy this montage, however I will say that I liked some of your previous work a lot better.  Thanks for entering into the contest Lat3ksi, I'm looking forward to your next project.  

Dude I've seen that modded Lockout before like many years ago, looks sick. If I ever get back to mapping I'll make that. The movie is "The man who saved the world" also known as "Turkish Star Wars". I think it's on youtube, if not there's also a torrent. It's so cheesy it's funny, check it out. They rip music and backgrounds from Star Wars and Indiana Jones lol.

And that's just how I am haha, tall and bony. As for soundtrack, I use soundcloud pretty often to find interesting pieces, would totally recommend. Thanks for the comment, Bx.

You're welcome and thanks for the tip.

Sorry for the long ass post but I felt like answering back to the comments.

fucking awesome

absolutely loved the editing!! very cool video!

This was fucking sick.

Nice fucking work man. Loved it.

that shit was sick man! I love the editing 

Yeah gunna need a download for this, i think my favourite from you, everything just worked so well, very entertaining, also that reskinned sidewinder is beautiful

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. And sorry about the download size. I guess it's cause it's 60fps. Tried to encode it to an almost mess though.

YO SON I JUST PAUSED THIS VIDEO TO SAY THE THPS1 INTRO/MENU MUSIC HIT ME WITH A NOSTALGIA BOMB

I know right THPS was the shit! Or was it just TH's Skateboarding? Competed with my brother always on splitscreen, good times. Making stupid death trap parks in THPS3 was really fun, too. The soundtrack is made by Brian Bright if you're interested.

Your one of few people who's videos I actually watch all the way through and care to leave a comment on. The fun you're having really shines through, the editing is beautifully simplistic making it easy on the senses and very enjoyable. 

Cheers, I could say the same about your videos really. Love your style dude, it's so distinct.

B said in Skullcrack
This is amazing, for real. 5:00-5:30 is fuckin' perfect. The old school comic/newspaper print to start it was almost disorienting yet still so clean. The little tech glitch transitioning from RR to CO is so clean and the CO clip is especially dope. A tacx3 all headshots with a TSK as well. The missed shot for trip to start doesn't take away from this clip whatsoever, you got the head on second shot if I am seeing it correctly. Legit a top CO clip of all time for me. The reskinned Sidewinder is fuckin' perfect. I almost feel like it's miles ahead of the original's appearance. It makes me want to see a snow themed Timberland.

You're a monster at matching effects with the music man. Just a stellar job. Pumped for your 2s vid.

Thanks man, it's a part I'm happy the way it turned out. Can't wait for your video!

Stop the comp, we have a winner.

I was hugely sceptical at first when watching this but it grew on me quickly. Excellent video :)

lol not so sure about it, but thanks for the love. Not entirely satisfied with this video, and there are far better entries already.

Are you a psychedelic explorer? Really enjoyable vid, Lat! 

No, not really, you could say amateur. My head is pretty weird as it is. Are you making a montage for the comp? I need a new dose. I know you got clips, watched that rad Gained the lead clip lol.

Old school, nice. That was pretty trippy though man - I couldn't really get into it but it was pretty snazzy.

wasnt really feeling this one tbh, made it halfway but it just seemed really monotone imo

I get you, if I re-made this I'd cut it down to 6-7 minutes or something. Many parts are too dragged out, with no editing whatsoever and it feels weird in contrast to heavily edited or "trippy" stuff. Also I have this bad habit of using leftover clips to fill in the gaps if i can't cut the music in a way it'd work. Thanks for the comments.

If Hyena and BL4CKOUT's editing styles had a baby this would be it. Such a sick montage, loved the trippy effects. Is this Halo custom edition? I've never seen H2 look like that before lmao

I drew inspiration from both, they got cool styles. Also KOS has always been the editor I look up to. Everyone should watch Dorftrottel and f33l.

Still diggin' this a great deal. Love the music, footage and editing.

Something I noticed while watching is if you were to add the audio clips in manually (sniper shots, pistol and just all shot audio) I feel it would make everything pop and make the sync hit way harder. It's tedious as fuck of course but well worth it IMO.

Still hope to see your 1.5 2s footage/montage.

P.S. - The reskinned Sidewinder is still the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen.