INGENUITY :: A Halo 3 Montage

Hmm, needs JTAG. 7/10
Ok, fine--I guess I have overreacted. Why not try it on the ranked playlists?
Not sure why you're quoting me. I don't think you were around for the whole "geo fiasco" thing. Which is what I was making fun of.
You're so concerned about him ruining the game for other players by doing this but you're wondering why he doesn't do it in ranked? I'm willing to bet that his teammates suffer more while he's attempting these things than his enemies since these spots are so difficult to get to consistently so the reason he avoids ranked playlists is pretty obvious.
Dat gameplay was so fun to watch. Can't imagine the hours of practicing those spots and tricks. Huge respect of that. I can't even pick my favorites cause every clip was so special. The last resort launch made me go "WOOW". The live reaction of the narrows clip was also pretty funny haha. I hope that this will get many votes. Definitely a strong contender for the most original category. I won't touch the editing part cause the tage is really all about the gameplay. Amazing video guys.
Morpheus chill out man. The fact these guys got better clips than two JTAG modders should be applauded not demonized. Fantastic job you two managing to keep Halo 3 fresh, the dummy spartan is by far the most mind boggling ingenuity I have ever seen in Halo 3, massive respect to both of you.

Nice job, Trev. My favorite part, like Hyena, was the dummy glitching. It took me right back to early Halo 2 days and it really makes me want to create a video using/highlighting it. In my opinion, not many people knew how to do it let alone remember it and I absolutely loved it back in the day. I will say though that the editing feels very rushed (the music and lack of an outro/credits make me fee this way). The music is whatever and techincally the outro is as well but I feel like with a little more polish this could've been unreal.

Good luck in the comp and I hope to continue to see you make more content.

Okay, okay, fine--I'm dropping the subject; I won't come back to this thread any more...I just don't agree with it. Everyone else seems to, but I think that's why I wear the Dino outfit.

Enjoy the video!

I get Morpheus' point, but at this point in H3's life is stuff like this that makes it worth watching. Not that Joey's Montage wasn't absolutely crazy with GP, but this kind of stuff makes you rethink everything about H3. Its different, enjoyable, and definitely worth admiring the difficulty and creativity of the montage.

Had this been during a match against me in Halo 3's prime I probably would have had the same reaction as Morpheus. Reporting and blocking them.

sick

Man, I was shaking my head the entire time--even though even I admit a few of those jumps were impressive. Emphasis on few. I hate hiding videos...I'm so glad I've never had to deal with this in my Halo 'career';if I ever got matched up with you guys, I would've hooked up my Xbox to a generator, and spammed the report button on your gamercards--WHILE driving to Redmond or Seattle or wherever the Xbox Live people sit on their ass and personally have you banned.  I can't believe you used all these exploits(not to mention all the time that must've been wasted) to do something like that.

Redwall may have been incorrect, but looking at the posts and the full video, he immediately raises a point: Poison, whether poured into a paper cup or a crystal glass, is still poison. What I mean by that is: You may not have used modding software or hardware, or standbying/host bridging, but it's still cheating regardless. Just in another form.

You used various methods to escape the boundaries of multiple maps, traveled or relocated to areas no one else can reach, and used long ranged weapons to kill people from a safe distance where no one could find and/or kill you.

And, you somehow found a way to fool people into thinking you were one place, but really somewhere else entirely, and used that "ghost" to an advantage to kill people! I'm willing to bet that would fall under "Network Manipulation" in whatever Code of Conduct they'd have up there.

I know I'm practically starting a (one-sided) forum war, but the only Ingenuity I see here is engineering a new breed of cheating.

Yo fuck off back to reddit halo, you clearly belong there.

Just for the record, Unyshek (343's community manager, aka someone that has to think twice about everything he says just to make sure it doesnt hurt the brand), loved the tage and has nothing but praise for it.

Just wanted to comment once more letting you know that I've watched it again and the editing doesn't feel all that rushed on another play through. I do still feel the video ended abruptly and it deserved a proper close but it's all good. Good job, guys.
If it happened to me, I'd just laugh and applaud them lol - even if it was back in the day. Maybe if it was in ranked then I wouldn't but I have no problem with this in social :)
that valhalla stick made my butthole pucker a bit
the rest was cool but it felt a bit slow paced, still good though

yo morepheus, that some of the funniest shit i've ever read in my life. 10/10. stick to playing as an elite, k bud?

anyways, sick shit as always Trev. really don't know how you have all the patience for this type of stuff. i'd be losing my fucking mind trying to do this. hope you've got some more vids coming in the future homie.

stick to playing as an elite, k bud?

#dinolivesmattertoo

Hi,

Can you please confirm that you have paid the $5.00 entry fee for the THF Montage Contest by sending me a PM with payment details (transaction dat& email address)?

Oh man this intro is quite sexy.  These hiding spots you guys found are pretty cool.  It's not something I would ever do in a game like Halo, but it's still pretty interesting to see how these maps and geometry can be exploited.  The music does feel a little out of place here, but if you guys enjoyed the affect it has one the project, then mroe power to you.  The Last Resort mongoose splatter was actually really neat.   Oooohhhh the double icicle bounce on Narrows was clutch.  A lot of these just have a nice, comedic feel to them.  

That crouching glitch you guys are doing; can't that be done in H2C?  I think that's how people get from Sword spawn to Library by themselves.  The angles you guys used here are superb.  Wow, I haven't seen that Pit spot (10:09) used in a long time.  You guys definitely nailed the atmosphere in this montage.   How did you guys even go about finding these spots?  

Can someone explain to me what exactly happened in the last clip?

Excellent video by you gentlemen.  Thank you for entering into the montage contest.  

Oh man this intro is quite sexy.  These hiding spots you guys found are pretty cool.  It's not something I would ever do in a game like Halo, but it's still pretty interesting to see how these maps and geometry can be exploited.  The music does feel a little out of place here, but if you guys enjoyed the affect it has one the project, then mroe power to you.  The Last Resort mongoose splatter was actually really neat.   Oooohhhh the double icicle bounce on Narrows was clutch.  A lot of these just have a nice, comedic feel to them.  

That crouching glitch you guys are doing; can't that be done in H2C?  I think that's how people get from Sword spawn to Library by themselves.  The angles you guys used here are superb.  Wow, I haven't seen that Pit spot (10:09) used in a long time.  You guys definitely nailed the atmosphere in this montage.   How did you guys even go about finding these spots?  

Can someone explain to me what exactly happened in the last clip?

Excellent video by you gentlemen.  Thank you for entering into the montage contest.  

It's confusing to explain. I used 2 controllers and kept shooting a goose close to the edge until is lagged off the edge on my screen. However, on everyone elses screen it is still on the edge. Then I used my other controller to push the goose across the map (still invisible on other people's screens). As long as there is nothing solid in between the two locations of the goose (on the edge and in the middle of the map) I can throw grenades from the back of the goose and they will come out where I am on my screen. So essentially plasma grenades are coming out of thin air for everyone else. When I get out of the goose I teleport back to the cliff where everyone else sees me lol. A lot of testing and manipulating of the glitch to find this out. If anyone shoots or touches the goose they see on the cliff then I will teleport back which is annoying because it takes a while to setup.

Yeah that sounds pretty extensive and confusing.  Lol
I was only familiar with the makeshift rocket using the gravlift and crate, all others are beyond me and I'm going to attempt to try out. In the safety of customs of course! Man, this was a great montage. Awesome spots and really cool clips and gameplay! That double icesicle jump on narrows was ridiculous and wasn't even what you were trying to show off!
anyone have a download for this?? really wanna see it, not available on youtube

anyone have a download for this?? really wanna see it, not available on youtube

I was going to upload it for you but the file is over 12 gb lol, theres an alternative solution though. The video is blocked in the US and some small islands only. Therefore if you have a VPN like tor network you can spoof your location and still watch the video so long as your location is set outside the US.  Hope that helped!