B SiK: "Combat Evolved" [Comp Entry]

https://youtu.be/-PyNl8oO5xE

This is my submission to the movie competition! All gameplay is 2vs2. I hope you guys enjoy!

I'm not done watching this but HOLY FUCK THE CLIP AT 6:20

Edit: Okay so that intro was amazing. I've never really been a big fan of H1/H2 videos for whatever reason, but this was just an extremely enjoyable video. Amazed it was only your second attempt at a montage. You may have just stolen my vote away for best video so far. Great job.

Like Eamonn, I've never been a fan of H1/H2 videos but this was so well made. Soundtrack was relaxing, flowed well, syncing was on point, and the gameplay was great as well. That snipe at 4:52 was probably my favourite clip but the one where you fall out of the map was awesome too. The intro and credits were simple and clean, worked well with the soundtrack and the feel of the whole video. Definitely one of the top entires in the contest so far.
Solid entry, editing came out super clean and nice. Loved the transitions. Gameplay was obviously top notch as well.

Dude...B Sik...

Holy...mother....of god.

That was truly glorious, thank you for that. So many times I literally dropped my jaw, and the clip at 6:30 made me a little vocal in my household. 

I'll be voting for you, bud.

Mesmerizing. Best video I've watched in so long.

Amazing work all the way around.

Like I already told you, this is not only the best video to come out this year, but it is up there as one of the best videos I have seen period. Everything in this video was great, the gameplay was unbelievable as I had expected it to be before hitting play, the music was so cool and perfect for your video and the cinematography was just so cool man. We will probably never get a H1 video as good as this ever again unless you make another one someday.

You have my vote locked in. Fucking AWESOME

B that was flawless. Really enjoyed the volume of clips and especially how you arranged them. you've always been a master of clip placement and i particularly loved the build up in this. You do with basic clip placement what most "top" editors fail to do in many tages coming out today: keep the excitement up. There's always this impending sense of greatness coming in your videos that makes them so engrossing. This is to montaging like Shakespeare is to theater. 

Haven't posted here in years. This video has earned this next claim: best Halo montage I have ever seen. Period.

B, as per usual, you never cease to amaze, 10/10 Gameplay, 10/10 Editing, 10/10 overall feel. 

Mrw I finished watching this.

B, you fucking monster. absolutely loved the flow of the video throughout the whole thing. all of the spawn sticks were definitely my favorite thing to see aside from all of the rape 2's plays. hope this entry makes it far in the comp!!
Wow that was amazing. I really appreciate the way you place and cut your scenes, B SiK. Overall a very distinct atmosphere and jaw dropping footage, simply perfect. Currently my favorite entry, hope this does really well.

Great work BSiK! This video has my vote for the contest. Major props alone for having the time and energy to produce new videos after all these years. This one, especially, is pushing the boundaries for what to expect out of an H1/MCC montage. Here's some specific feedback for ya and some notes for any readers/viewers that are not playing H1 at an elite enough level to understand the caliber of some of your plays.

Intro & Editing:

The first few seconds of intro sucked me in. That slow music and the 3rd person angles got me into H1/montage mood. Then it exploded into the funny/wtf rocket+nade jumping headshots. I didn't even know you could get above Dammy with an OS+rocket+nade jump! Editing through the video continued to impress. The cuts made it seem fast paced and frantic and was a great way to demonstrate the lead up to you kills (nading snipe to youself, getting an easy kill then waiting for spawner, etc). I also loved your use of Halo PC to add 3rd person perspective to the video. That really helped break up the "endless back to back clips" fatigue I usually feel halfway through a montage. Syncing with music was on point, but that's to be expected by now.

Music & Sound:

I never liked electronic background music for Halo videos, but that's purely personal preference. Your music choice really accented the sometimes-mellow sometimes-exciting flow of the montage. It also let you sync every fricking clip which was cool. The sound level was great. I didn't notice any annoying chill out/dammy background hum and the double-kill voice was clear without being distracting.

Gameplay:

Excellent overall and by far this montage's best quality. You had the sticks, the snipes, spawn kills, doubles, triples (what?!), killtacs (plural, seriously!?). Not only did you get enough sick plays to fill almost 10 minutes of screentime, but you spread it over an excellent map variety. You hit the 5 basics (chilly, priz, hang em, dammy, battle creek) plus the extra maps that you don't see as much (derelict, rat race). The only negative I can think of is that I prefer watching the split screen FOV, but I know I'm in the minority. Anyway, here's a breakdown of some of the clip sections:

1:00 to 2:20 - Spawn Sticks:
This type of play is the traditional montage-clip (thanks rippon), but what made yours awesome were the distances. Hang em top poweurp to red dump spawn is incredible aim. On top of that you only have about 2 seconds to line it up due to 5-second respawn of the partner (3 sec air-time). And spawn sticks on rat race?! I never see that. Then you transition to spawn stick / headshot / double kill combo plays. Great map awareness for a full screen player.

2:20 - 2:50 - Doubles / Snipes:
One thing that struck me as novel was your clip grouping. For example, you have a whole set of chill out rocket room kills back to back. If I wasn't paying attention I would think they were from the same game (you can tell when they are or are not based on kill number). The clips really meld with this grouping and I love it.

3:12 section - Spawn sticks + headshots:
This is the first funny section you snuck in. The spawn sticks are clip worthy on their own and the follow-up blainers had me laughing. Insult to injury :)

3:20 - End - Triples / Killtacs:
So Halo 2v2 matches have a 5-second respawn timer and the game has a spawn system that can be taken advantage of. BSiK is getting sick doubles throughout this section and then turning it into a triple by knowing where the first guy killed will respawn and executing. Triple kills are so rare in H1. Killtacs are even more rate! You can get a triple by kind of knowing where the spawner will show up. For a killtac you almost always have to guess where the random spawn will be. I've gotten maybe 10 killtacs in my life. You somehow filled the entire 2nd half of your video with nothing but trips and tacs. WTF?!

6:05 - Dammy rocket+nade up from OS to bridge is hilarious as a joke clip. You must have shat yourself when you followed it up with that double headshot. Then you show the silly dropping to the bottom of dammy trick. I've never seen it done from snipe bridge you crazy man. I hope you enjoyed suiciding to get back up! LMAO.

Best Clips:
2:33 - Chill out pre-headshot. First omg-clip in my opinion.
2:53 - Dammy triple. Shots like this would typically be the "ender" for a lot of H1 montages. Guessing the random spawn for a trip is so nice. This specific triple isn't any better than the others. You just have some many great triples that I can't list them all under "best clips".
3:25 - Dammy double kill then triple kill back-to-back. You monster.
4:50 - Dammy dropping from top green headshot guy on little ladder. Second omg-clip. Of course everyone noticed this one.
8:00 - Prisoner double killtac (ender). O. M. F. G. I have never seen this captured before. Absolutely savage. This is the kind of play I maybe get to see once a year. Thanks for letting me savor it with the 2 dead blues 3rd person angle.

Ending:
Short and sweet. I miss playing with you buddy. I might give MCC another try after watching these. I'm so pumped.

Will come back to this later and edit with a lot of thoughts but this was montage of the year for me hands down

this was montage of the year for me hands down

B chill out stop releasing montage of the year one after another. Totally love this video, it's my new favorite. Gameplay is nuts, music is cool (tbh didn't expect these choices from you), sync on point, lots of creative stuff on both gp and editing department. The angles were perfect, the one at dammy 3:17 was really cool. I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said, amazing job bro!

This was a blast to watch.  Def one of the top contenders for the movie comp

That was so fucking good. This and Fatals video are my two favorites in the comp easily.

Well done man, you really outdid yourself.

I mean seriously, that edit was so fucking good

I'm not done watching this but HOLY FUCK THE CLIP AT 6:20

Edit: Okay so that intro was amazing. I've never really been a big fan of H1/H2 videos for whatever reason, but this was just an extremely enjoyable video. Amazed it was only your second attempt at a montage. You may have just stolen my vote away for best video so far. Great job.

Haha, appreciate the comment, Eamonn. To this day I am a bit upset looking at that clip at 6:20 believe it or not. I had tried going for a double kill (and hit it(!)) with two headshots but the clip was on such bad kids I didn’t want to save it so I trashed it. Even worse, during the early days of MCC, when CE was a complete fuckin’ mess, you could take fall damage from normal jumping height on ramps that were inclined. I hit this exact same clip on Walshy (www Walshy com) or whatever his tag is now and died after hitting the bottom ENTIRELY because of MCC and MCC alone. I hit the clip frame perfect and died… on Walshy… O’well.

Like Eamonn, I've never been a fan of H1/H2 videos but this was so well made. Soundtrack was relaxing, flowed well, syncing was on point, and the gameplay was great as well. That snipe at 4:52 was probably my favourite clip but the one where you fall out of the map was awesome too. The intro and credits were simple and clean, worked well with the soundtrack and the feel of the whole video. Definitely one of the top entires in the contest so far.

I appreciate the comment, Fatal. Same here, I absolutely love that snipe. In fact, it’s likely a top 3 clip of mine in this video. What makes it even better is the point that it occurred. It was the turning point for a huge run. Ball3s and I were teaming and the kids we were playing with are extremely knowledgeable as well so it’s a fuckin’ dope clip for me. Thanks for commenting, man.

By the way, did you ever release your big H3 project that you were working on? I don’t believe it was your clips but you made a trailer for the video if I remember correctly?

Solid entry, editing came out super clean and nice. Loved the transitions. Gameplay was obviously top notch as well.

Thanks, brother. I am glad you enjoyed!

Dude...B Sik...

Holy...mother....of god.

That was truly glorious, thank you for that. So many times I literally dropped my jaw, and the clip at 6:30 made me a little vocal in my household. 

I'll be voting for you, bud.

Right on, thanks for the comment, Zildj. I appreciate you taking the time to watch. I hope you’ve been well, man. It’s been a long time as I’m sure you’re aware. Very nice to hear from you.

Mesmerizing. Best video I've watched in so long.

Amazing work all the way around.

Thanks a lot, Muggsy! I appreciate the comment.

Like I already told you, this is not only the best video to come out this year, but it is up there as one of the best videos I have seen period. Everything in this video was great, the gameplay was unbelievable as I had expected it to be before hitting play, the music was so cool and perfect for your video and the cinematography was just so cool man. We will probably never get a H1 video as good as this ever again unless you make another one someday.

You have my vote locked in. Fucking AWESOME

Damn, I really appreciate all of the comments and praise and the review you gave me initially over IM. I wish I had this final week to take advantage of but it’s comments like these that make it completely okay that I do not have that final week. You’re the man, brother. Can’t wait til your next project and more importantly, as of now, Wizard’s taking my vote through the tourney!

B that was flawless. Really enjoyed the volume of clips and especially how you arranged them. you've always been a master of clip placement and i particularly loved the build up in this. You do with basic clip placement what most "top" editors fail to do in many tages coming out today: keep the excitement up. There's always this impending sense of greatness coming in your videos that makes them so engrossing. This is to montaging like Shakespeare is to theater. 

Damn, thanks a lot for the comment, sk0ls. I really wasn’t expecting something this nice. Since I don’t feel I am a talented editor, nor am I creative enough to rely on visual FX (my computer can’t handle it anyways) so my main focus is always on the flow/placement. In fact, long before I begin the editing process, I literally just rewatch my footage over and over, for hours, to determine if it’s something that I still like. I probably still have around 75+ clips that are sitting on my computer that I don’t have plans for. Will likely just release additional highlight videos after the competition I imagine, unless people wanna pick up some projects for practice purposes. Thanks a lot again, sk0ls. Really nice comment.

Haven't posted here in years. This video has earned this next claim: best Halo montage I have ever seen. Period.

B, as per usual, you never cease to amaze, 10/10 Gameplay, 10/10 Editing, 10/10 overall feel.

Fun fact: OxFire is my longest running Xbox LIVE friend. He’s been there since the start of “B SiK”. Thanks so much for stopping in and commenting, Ox. Makes everything feel right. J

Mrw I finished watching this.

B, you fucking monster. absolutely loved the flow of the video throughout the whole thing. all of the spawn sticks were definitely my favorite thing to see aside from all of the rape 2's plays. hope this entry makes it far in the comp!!

Thanks a lot, Hus. I really appreciate the comment. Very much looking forward to your competition entry. It’s going to be heat I’m certain. Keep up the great work, man.

Wow that was amazing. I really appreciate the way you place and cut your scenes, B SiK. Overall a very distinct atmosphere and jaw dropping footage, simply perfect. Currently my favorite entry, hope this does really well.

Thanks a lot, Zhestal. It’s really cool to have people pick up on the entire feel. I didn’t really expect that some on the finer details would be caught. I really appreciate the comment.

Fuckin' GOAT alert! Josh returning to his stomping grounds. I've genuinely never had someone go into such detail in a review for me. I certainly didn't expect it in 2016! Thanks so fuckin' much, man. I really appreciate the effort you've put into this post. Unreal. Thanks so much.

this was montage of the year for me hands down
B chill out stop releasing montage of the year one after another. Totally love this video, it's my new favorite. Gameplay is nuts, music is cool (tbh didn't expect these choices from you), sync on point, lots of creative stuff on both gp and editing department. The angles were perfect, the one at dammy 3:17 was really cool. I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said, amazing job bro![/quote]

Thank YOU for everything. <3 Can’t wait for your new project!

This was a blast to watch.  Def one of the top contenders for the movie comp

Thanks so much, dude. I am very glad you enjoyed it.

That was so fucking good. This and Fatals video are my two favorites in the comp easily.

Well done man, you really outdid yourself.

Thanks a lot, Wanny. I am very glad you ernjoyed it! However, I wasn’t aware that Fatal’s video dropped! I gotta get at it! I thought the trailer was dope as fuck!

Thanks again for the comment, dude.

By the way, did you ever release your big H3 project that you were working on? I don’t believe it was your clips but you made a trailer for the video if I remember correctly?

Yeah, it's been out for over a month now haha. Here's the thread if you wanna check it out.

My thoughts in video form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrNvELTt8Jk

My thoughts in word form:

Loved it :)

I'll make a full review this week (written) as well! <3

"no one uses the AR"

next clip he uses the AR lol

"no one uses the AR"

next clip he uses the AR lol

What a scrub :^)

This is top 3 of the contest for me. Definitely my favorite gameplay and a solid edit. It's going to be hard to top this montage.

Awesome video B SiK!
I really enjoyed the music and the gameplay was great.

so good
any chance of a download link? this was top notch 

My thoughts in video form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrNvELTt8Jk

My thoughts in word form:

Loved it :)

I'll make a full review this week (written) as well! <3

That was cool as fuck, HAble. Thanks a lot for doing that. I’ve never had someone do that type of review for a montage of mine (to my knowledge) and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to your full review.

This is top 3 of the contest for me. Definitely my favorite gameplay and a solid edit. It's going to be hard to top this montage.

I appreciate the comment, Nokt, and am glad you enjoyed it! I actually just watched your recent submission and really enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to more from you, man. Don’t stop creating!

Awesome video B SiK!
I really enjoyed the music and the gameplay was great.

Thank a lot, Alen. Glad you liked it. I really hope you’re going to drop some heat on the comp and submit a new H2 vid. If not, I hope you do it relatively soon thereafter. Love your gameplay.

Great to hear from you, man. Thanks a lot for commenting. That avatar thoooooooooooooo. L

any chance of a download link? this was top notch 

Absolutely. I am out of town at the moment and forgot to post the link. I will be sure to host/post the moment I am able. I will bump the thread with the link when it’s available and will add it to OP. Thanks a lot for commenting, brother.

Great stuff man.
Great stuff man.

Killed me. My exact reaction.

<3

Edit: Accidental double post.

this was fucking great