[Voting Closed] THF Movie Competition 2016 - Round 1: Pool A

Choose up to 4 videos.

Montage | Editor | Gameplay

Montage 7 | Editor: HAble | Gameplay: HAble
64% (47 votes)
SECRET AIRGENTS (Halo 5 Launching Montage) | Editor: h0lmb0m | Gameplay: h0lmb0m
62% (46 votes)
Rhymes with Orange | Editor: Fud | Gameplay: Scace
46% (34 votes)
Halo 3 Montage 5 | Editor: Adversary | Gameplay: Adversary
43% (32 votes)
TIME CAPSULE | Editor: a live dinosaur | Gameplay: a live dinosaur
42% (31 votes)
Blittz Blainz | Editor: Inxy | Gameplay: Blittz Blains
26% (19 votes)
Montage 10 | Editor: Lat3ksi | Gameplay: Lat3ksi
23% (17 votes)
So Fast, So Maybe | Editor: BxSouljah | Gameplay: XYOX
18% (13 votes)
Str8 Rottin' | Editor: Eamonn | Gameplay: Distilled, Eamonn, Silvershot
8% (6 votes)
Halo 5 Montage 1 | Editor: Bunnies | Gameplay: Bunnies
7% (5 votes)
Total votes: 74

Just a few comments:

Seeding was done based on the averages of five judges scoring across multiple categories. The pools themselves were established randomly based on the seeding (average scores). If you've got a problem with the seeding, then bring it up with how Hyena, Dutchy, Kampy, BxSouljah, and Quigz scored the entries. It was the most fair way to do it as far as I'm concerned.

@hyena @kampy @Dutchy @Bxsouljah @Quigz

pls boys. 

It was probably my video that was scored well with the judges which evens out this pool

just stop freaking out alright 

As someone who can see the judge's scores I have bad news for you...

Just a few comments:

Seeding was done based on the averages of five judges scoring across multiple categories. The pools themselves were established randomly based on the seeding (average scores). If you've got a problem with the seeding, then bring it up with how Hyena, Dutchy, Kampy, BxSouljah, and Quigz scored the entries. It was the most fair way to do it as far as I'm concerned.

pls boys. 

The voting process was one giant FUCKING L-O-L homie.  I'm genuinely surprised that the contest has made it this far.  Like Nv1 said, this will be the last one on THF, meaning that this will probably be the last Halo montage contest ever.  Also really would've helped if we had more support/help from the community as well as people like yourself actually submitting something into the contest.  But whatever, no johns.

Just a few comments:

pls boys. 

It was probably my video that was scored well with the judges which evens out this pool

just stop freaking out alright 

As someone who can see the judge's scores I have bad news for you...

80% of the judges hate me I was being satirical 

My video is the only good one here, still

I'm going up against a kid face palming on camera, a nu metal social tage, a video with no gameplay audio, a kid screaming into his mic, and some half assed halo 5 video (at least this one has good music, Tame Impala is a good choice)

Dude are you having like an anxiety attack or something?   Do you need someone to talk to?  
Dude are you having like an anxiety attack or something?   Do you need someone to talk to?  

>2016
>having anxiety
>not watching the youtube therapist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8p-oXHRwI4
Am I coming off as anxious? Just want to state the facts before this thread gets closed

You can stop comparing everyone's videos to yours, you're already out in Round 1.

What, I just got disqualified or something? awww  :^)

Just know I'm the only person in this pool who presented these three things in one video:

1. Good editing
2. Good gameplay
3. Good music

You forgot one:

4. Editor pretended to commit suicide for attention on the internet

Do you realize the person who made that thread is Adversary? Roflmao

Never created a thread on THF aside from the competition. Whatever drugs you're on, remind me to stay the fuck away from them. Thanks for the shoutout though.

Thanks to everyone else who's had positive things to say about my montage. Pretty surprised with how many people say they like it :).

Who up?

Smash that motha fuckin NAH button 

You forgot one:

4. Editor pretended to commit suicide for attention on the internet

this post is so cringy

It was alcohol poisoning
lol i just wanna know wtf "established randomly based on the seeding" is supposed to mean. 

lol i just wanna know wtf "established randomly based on the seeding" is supposed to mean. 

Each entry was scored by each judge on a 1 to 10 scale in 4 categories: editing, gameplay, originality, overall quality. Those scores were averaged across all judges, and then added together. That total number was used to establish seeds for 5 pools (5 highest totals were #1 seeds, next 5 were #2 seeds, etc). Then within each group of seeds, those entries were randomly placed into pools A through E.

voting results are hilarious as expected. A nu metal social tage and an Eminem song with no editing or gameplay audio. What a joke l0l

y'all niggas 12

Each entry was scored by each judge on a 1 to 10 scale in 4 categories: editing, gameplay, originality, overall quality. Those scores were averaged across all judges, and then added together. That total number was used to establish seeds for 5 pools (5 highest totals were #1 seeds, next 5 were #2 seeds, etc). Then within each group of seeds, those entries were randomly placed into pools A through E.

I've seen you explain this about 20 times. this is literally the only good way to form the pools, your members are fucking dyslexic 

Wow...I can't believe Lat3ksi's video didn't make top 4.  You H5 kids are awful hahaha.
Skullcrack should get through pretty easily, and I personally liked that video better. Hopefully people actually take the time to watch every entry before voting, because I feel like a large majority of the people who sent Hable's video through came straight from Halo is Back to vote blindly.
Hey, I was making some changes to the site a few minutes ago that might have screwed with you, so I'm thinking you meant to post to the Pool E thread.
Yeah, I agree. No offense to Hable but I really don't understand how this topped the pool.
No, I meant to post that here :P

Yeah, I agree. No offense to Hable but I really don't understand how this topped the pool.

I thought adversary was the clear number 1 in the pool, but expected hable's video to go through fairly easily. No doubt probably got a couple bandwagoner's from HiB but overall was a really good entry and definitely would have gone through without it. It had that personal vibe to it that just makes you interested, a quality that's important to a lot of people who watch these videos but what pretty much every entry lacks. 

Plus this happens every comp in the early rounds, eventual finalists will place 2-3-4 in their first pool. 

Yeah I absolutely guarantee that not everyone is watching all of the contest entries before voting.  But unfortunately there really isn't an easy way to make people view the montages in each pool before voting.  And HiB is more dead than THF so I'd be very surprised if that's the reason Hable's video got the most votes here.  Although yes, I will agree that it was not the best entry in this pool.

Yeah, I'm not doing shit with HiB until after the contest. There aren't any "members" on HiB that haven't been members here for a long time, and I didn't even post this anywhere on the site. Never mentioned it on any of the social media, and no one on the social media even knows me as "HAble".

Basically what Sk0ls said.

I was fully expecting to get through the first round, and I fully expect to be out in the next one (or the one after if I get a really lucky pool).

Sorry, no offense but I didn't think it would be the #1 after this voting ended. I'll have to watch it again to see if I'm just blind or what.

Wow...I can't believe Lat3ksi's video didn't make top 4.  You H5 kids are awful hahaha.

lol

Damn, i missed the vote :O

Still want to get a watch on them and do analysis on those that i really like.

Yeah ikr? How can you complain about H5 kids when Hable's tage dominated the group lol.
Really odd results

Yeah ikr? How can you complain about H5 kids when Hable's tage dominated the group lol.

So uhhh, do you two idiots not see the 2nd and 3rd placings?  LOLOLOL

Not gonna lie kinda shocked I got 31 votes, thank you... I apologize for mediocre double kills, wasn't happy with my M1 progress at the time so decided I wouldn't submit my M1 for the comp, but still wanted to submit something just to support THF.. 

EDIT: Oh also sorry about it being H5, I promise I don't like the game either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're a fucking idiot if you think Secret Airgents wasn't the best tage in this pool lol. I'm not gonna bother with you anymore. Yours tastes are shit and you're so biased towards H1/H2 videos that there's not even a point in trying to argue with you.

And? They are good videos. Not like H5 videos get attention on this site. Look at every tage released. It's all H1/H2 stuff. The fact that a few H5 vids made it out of round 1 is pretty amazing.

You're a fucking idiot if you think Secret Airgents wasn't the best tage in this pool lol. I'm not gonna bother with you anymore. Yours tastes are shit and you're so biased towards H1/H2 videos that there's not even a point in trying to argue with you.

Yeah no, I don't think Secret Airgents was the best video in the pool.  Sorry I don't agree with your opinion on this one.   And my tastes are shit?  Lol alright kid, go watch montages for 10 years and then come talk to me. 

And? They are good videos. Not like H5 videos get attention on this site. Look at every tage released. It's all H1/H2 stuff. The fact that a few H5 vids made it out of round 1 is pretty amazing.

Have you been paying attention to anything going on here?  Half the contest has H5 videos and many of them are making it out of pools over much higher quality videos.  You two obviously aren't paying attention.  Go actually watch all of these videos and look at the pools before posting and making stupid voting choices.