Halo 5 Montage | Editor: SunSearcher | Gameplay: A Sneaky Walrus
4% (3 votes)
Tennis Chief | Editor: Tennis Chief | Gameplay: Tennis Chief
4% (3 votes)
Then & Now (Chapter 2/2) | Editor: bigpookie24 | Gameplay: bigpookie24
4% (3 votes)
The Final | Editor: Bitter Smurf | Gameplay: Kevy
4% (3 votes)
The Origin | Editor: Tizen | Gameplay: ChaosNinja sG, Maniac sG, Prophet sG, Tizen sG
1% (1 vote)
Total votes: 76

Round 1: Pool C

Vote for up to 4 choices, the top 4 advance to Round 2. Ties will be determined by the judges overall rating. Voting results will remain hidden until the poll closes on October 14th. You may cancel and change your vote at any time.

REMEMBER: Voting closes October 14th!

Pool C

Montage Editor Gameplay
INGENUITY Trevx64 Trevx64, Behr
A Halo 3 MLG Montage Evadur Evadur
The Origin Tizen ChaosNinja sG, Maniac sG, Prophet sG, Tizen sG
Then & Now (Chapter 2/2) bigpookie24 bigpookie24
Take That! thestrangestick Koggy
Wizard Halzred Hyena
Halo 5 Montage SunSearcher A Sneaky Walrus
The Final Bitter Smurf Kevy
Master Chief Recollection Fatal Llama
Kampy H5M1 Kampy Kampy
Tennis Chief Tennis Chief Tennis Chief

INGENUITY | Editor: Trevx64 | Gameplay: Trevx64, Behr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQZOAE0Hmt4

A Halo 3 MLG Montage | Editor: Evadur | Gameplay: Evadur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h510qF1LXfE

The Origin | Editor: Tizen | Gameplay: ChaosNinja sG, Maniac sG, Prophet sG, Tizen sG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Uclnd9Q1w

Then & Now (Chapter 2/2) | Editor: bigpookie24 | Gameplay: bigpookie24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms_3mLD7OVY

Take That! | Editor: thestrangestick | Gameplay: Koggy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPDosbQalnY

Wizard | Editor: Halzred | Gameplay: Hyena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMq_UmTorbU

Halo 5 Montage | Editor: SunSearcher | Gameplay: A Sneaky Walrus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd4alBsDwiU

​Download with Audio: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv9c3euh1s0a6v7/A%20Sneaky%20Walrus%20Halo%205...

The Final | Editor: Bitter Smurf | Gameplay: Kevy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWJU8M1pRk0

Master Chief Recollection | Editor: Fatal | Gameplay: Llama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogoiZsfIM5c

Kampy H5M1 | Editor: Kampy | Gameplay: Kampy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVIoG2uqjQ4

Tennis Chief | Editor: Tennis Chief | Gameplay: Tennis Chief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtHEejcivPc

Ingenuity, Evadur, Take That, and Wizard

rt^ hard to argue with this. I still think Death Machine was better than Wizard, so it'll be interesting to see what happens if those two match up.

I feel like the turnout is still pretty damn good considering the past few years
The four picks from this pool were pretty easy. Evadur is probably one of the top 5 entries imo and my favourite in this pool. Ingenuity and Take That were unique and fun to watch. Wizard was good as well but the sound editing really bothered me in that video and I think death machine might actually go further in that the comp.
Ingenuity, EvaduR's tage, Wizard, and then: Kampy's M1, Llama's MCC tage or Take That. Still undecided...
ingenuity, wizard, take that, and evadur. Llama was rly close to getting a vote, enjoyed that video a lot. 

Maan... I finally went with Evadur, Ingen, Wizard..... then i had the worst time picking between  Take That and The Final

I just want Kevy to know that was incredible and only just missed out

So many good videos in this pool. Unfortunate for Fatal and myself but the 4 going through is obvious.
Hyena Trev
good luck to everyone that submitted 

INGENUITY - If my future kids would ask why i love halo i would show them this video. Brilliant!

EvaduR - amazing MLG Gameplay en par with joey's M1

kampy's h5m1 - so many breathtaking clips in this video. one of my favourite h5 tages

wizard - ...

Good luck everyone! @Nv1ncible could you please edit Take That! both here and in the original vote thread to reflect that the gameplay was by both myself and Koggy? Cheers

Seriously though, all the other entries... what a savage pool...

ingenuity, wizard ez votes. will both be in top five. evadur ez vote for gameplay and another top entry. 4th vote went to walrus. 

Ingenuity, EvaduR's tage, Wizard, and then: Kampy's M1, Llama's MCC tage or Take That. Still undecided...

this.

This may be the first thing we've ever agreed upon since you joined the forums.  

"Since you joined the forums"

If I remember correctly you came back like 2-3 years ago, so you weren't around when I joined the forums. Phrase it better, dickwad.

"Since you joined the forums"

If I remember correctly you came back like 2-3 years ago, so you weren't around when I joined the forums. Phrase it better, dickwad.

Lol, I love the name calling, you can be such a baby sometimes Marksman.  And idk what you're talking about exactly?  I never "came back" because I never left.  I didn't post that much during the Reach and H4 era because those were garbage games but I was always lurking, always around.

Great look guys, great look.
I want to inform you that I was half-joking with what I said. The only real part was questioning why you would bother pointing something like that out at all. I didn't know you existed until 2014, so any disagreement we had before that was purely based in your head. After that.. sure we've shown our differences a few times, but I tend to avoid it by simply ignoring you. Let's just agree to not get along and keep it the way it's been.
fucking. excuse me? sextuple post? Alright, you're welcome to clean up after me since I'm on my phone.. can't explain what happened here.

fucking. excuse me? sextuple post? Alright, you're welcome to clean up after me since I'm on my phone.. can't explain what happened here.

Banned for spamming.

You can feel the love
I want to inform you that I was half-joking with what I said. The only real part was questioning why you would bother pointing something like that out at all. I didn't know you existed until 2014, so any disagreement we had before that was purely based in your head. After that.. sure we've shown our differences a few times, but I tend to avoid it by simply ignoring you. Let's just agree to not get along and keep it the way it's been.
God you're precious. Please never leave.
Love you too, hun.
I'm so glad people make a big deal about join dates still.
Take That didn't make it out of Round 1? Come the fuck on now.

Holy fucking christ, you people seriously voted Kampy's H5 leftover montage over thestrangestick's entry?  I can't even-wow...I'm done.  Absolutely embarrassing.    

I love Hyena's gameplay as much as the next guy, and Wizard is a great entry, but I personally think it's the fourth best entry in this pool. And Take That is easily Top 3.
Wizard beating Evadur's tage is the bigger joke. It isn't even close to one of Hyena's best videos yet it handedly beats one of the best H3 MLG tages of all time (gameplay wise).

I'm honestly not surprised I didn't make it out of this pool. It was a tough one anyway, but the fact is (and I think we all know it) that this contest has always been a bit of a popularity contest. Not full blown, but it definitely factors into the voting, and that's kind of inherent with a forum and a video game community in general. I'm not complaining, because I was fully aware of that fact before entering, and knew getting knocked out by a popular tager was always on the table. I mean, (for example) it's quite possible Hyena will get two videos in the top 5, so he missed a trick not entering five videos and earning all five places like a boss.

Not gonna lie, it stings to get knocked out by a H5 video because I despise 343s 'vision' for Halo so much, but if the reality is that that many more people enjoyed a casual Halo 5 video over mine, then that's fair enough, well deserved, and I'm going to go and slit my throat with a broken shard of an MCC disk. /jk

@Fatal ‍ , I agree that Evadur deserved the #1 spot over Wizard. I think it comes down to the popularity thing again: unless I'm being really dense here, Hyena is a far more recognisable name than Evadur. I love Hyena and his videos to death, and I miss the good old days of custom H3 MLG with him and co, and as such I've always preferred and respected his self-edited stuff for its raw originality and dedication to displaying each clip exactly as it was intended. Wizard was great, but it didn't do his gameplay justice and his gameplay deserves justice.

gg to everyone for submitting. The bottom line here is that without this competition I may never have had the motivation to finish an ambitious video I started years ago, and as it may well be my last Halo video, I am grateful for that.

Not gonna lie, it stings to get knocked out by a H5 video because I despise 343s 'vision' for Halo so much, but if the reality is that that many more people enjoyed a casual Halo 5 video over mine, then that's fair enough, well deserved, and I'm going to go and slit my throat with a broken shard of an MCC disk. /jk

@Fatal ‍ , I agree that Evadur deserved the #1 spot over Wizard. I think it comes down to the popularity thing again: unless I'm being really dense here, Hyena is a far more recognisable name than Evadur. I love Hyena and his videos to death, and I miss the good old days of custom H3 MLG with him and co, and as such I've always preferred and respected his self-edited stuff for its raw originality and dedication to displaying each clip exactly as it was intended. Wizard was great, but it didn't do his gameplay justice and his gameplay deserves justice.

gg to everyone for submitting. The bottom line here is that without this competition I may never have had the motivation to finish an ambitious video I started years ago, and as it may well be my last Halo video, I am grateful for that.

Hyena's biggest issue as a video maker is that the only person topping him in quality is himself. I think most people consider Supreme to be better overall than wizard, but i ask myself if supreme hadn't come out, would i still be thinking the same things about wizard? Probably not. we're spoiled children when it comes to beau's content: when i watch his videos now i just continually say "OHP STANDARD BEAU LIGHTNING SNIPE TEAM TAC" "OH, MORE STANDARD BEAU SHENANIGANS". I think that's how some are rating Beau's videos now - it isn't his absolute tier 1 best game play therefore it must not be that insane of a video overall. I don't think there's any doubts that Evadur has the best gameplay in the comp but peripherally Wizard is a better video in pretty much every other category except for possibly the intro (Just my opinion). In terms of overall editing, vibe, flow, soundtrack and storyline i thought it was the most complete entry in the comp. I love people who edit their own videos, i agree with you when you say beau's added flavor is what makes his videos special (and also creepy), but in my opinion Halzred did an excellent job of putting Wizard together. Overall the lack of production (in comparison to some of the other tier 1 entries) is going hurt Evadur more than i think people realize.  

I really don't get why you're all praising Evadur's tage so much. I caught a handful of clips that were really top notch in his video, and when you compare that to Joey's tage where the first two triple kills were the only ones that maaaaybe should have been left out of the video, it doesn't stand a chance gameplay wise.

Also, what's with everyone jumping off Wizard all the sudden? It has the entire package because of Halzred's presentation, and comparing  gameplay from one Hyena video to the next is a lost cause because of how much weird shit he does. Wizard > Death Machine

I just rewatched Wizard again for comparison and was reminded why I didn't like it as much as Beau's solo edits. The CC I'm just not a fan of, the audio editing sucks (it seems to redline/clip and deteriorate constantly and is really distracting IMO) and the choice to render out MCC like OG Halo 2 (correct me if I'm being an idiot and this is somehow OG Halo 2) so the slow-mo is over the top laggy I also found annoying. I also dislike videos that have 'epic', loud music throughout. I'm not saying it doesn't work, it certainly sets a tone, but the problem is it seems to detract from how much the clips themselves set the tone versus the actual quality of gameplay. I also don't like that this is one Hyena tage pre his 'look I broke the game physics' stuff (you know all that body glitching stuff etc) where I don't know what's going on or don't feel absorbed at times. None of Hyena's old stuff had that issue for me. It's a combination of poor angles and distracting slow mo and cuts.

Disclaimer: I am being incredibly OTT nitpicky here to make a point. Wizard is still a fantastic video, and deserves to go through as solidly as it did, of course.

Hyena's solo edits are a lot more atmospheric. He was one of the few editors to not be afraid to show a clip in its entirety without any cuts, which was great because his gameplay deserves to be shown without cuts for the absolute most part. IMO, all his old solo edits allow the GP to set the majority of the tone, (focus on game audio helps) rather than the other way round with overbearing loud music, CC etc. Wizard feels like the inverse, and that's my main issue with it. It's still a great and thoroughly entertaining watch though and once again I am literally putting it under a microscope here.

I also found myself chuckling about the intro, because I feel the opposite to you m8. I've never liked 'guest editor' intros, it's like the editor is a high school basketballer who brings out Jordan to dunk for him. It also means you have a bit of a jarring cut between OMG EPIC 3D intro and then a solid GP heavy tage with minimal editing. Plus Wizard's intro was really fucking good, even just comparing them side by side. Plus also that 'FEULED BY' typo... the stuff of nightmares.

TL:DR; I think discussing Halo videos like it's a university class is fun!

So for the people talking about Take That, what specifically did you enjoy about the video? Im just curious...

I thought it was better than Kampy and Apple's tage, but it's not like it would have lasted the next round anyway right?