Couple New Features

Currently Viewing Thread

Users can now see who else is currently viewing a thread. This basically functions the same way it did on the old site.

Quick Reply Form

Users should now be able to reply to a thread via a reply form at the bottom of a thread. Again, similar to the old site.

Usergroup Colors

Username links now adhere to the following color scheme:

Please let me know if you guys don't see these features or if you run into issues with them. They're very much in-development so I can't promise they work perfectly, but hopefully it's a start.

Good stuff, I knew Quick Reply was coming but Currently viewing is a dope addition!
yayyyy solid update nv1
Yes! i r happy. Hopefully we get our post counts back soon. Mine was looking very girthy. And mayhaps some signatures? :>

Yes! i r happy. Hopefully we get our post counts back soon. Mine was looking very girthy. And mayhaps some signatures? :>

Both are high priority. I'll do my best with the post counts. It's a messy problem unfortunately.

Sigs? Rep?
Excellent additions to the site!
kewlio
Whoa innovative stuff here

quick reply is life.
Sweet
Might as well ask--what's an exclusive?

Sigs? Rep?

Enlighten me, why is Rep necessary?

Sick! Good work, Nv1. 
niceee
there seems to be a problem though, I'm not a VIP or exclusive
^ya lol, i get it though... i've only been here ~9 years
samesies.

Sigs? Rep?

It's not.  It's just nice to have.

herp a purp!

Might as well ask--what's an exclusive?

here's the groups

THF VIPs: members selected here are involved with the goings-on at THF and are willing to help out, discuss and organize things behind the scenes.

THF Exclusives: a group of old guard that self-selects their members, a place for trusted personal conversation and such.

Some VIPs and Exclusives are Editors, Editors deal with creating and handling (front paging, editing, accepting video submissions etc.) content. Editors dont have a specific color, you can see who they are in the members tab.

http://www.thehaloforum.com/members?name=&rid=4

THF Staff: Both janitors and judicators, our team of moderators make sure everything is where it's supposed to be and things that arent supposed to be are handled. 

Sometimes there will be a user group like THF MC Judges for Movie Competitions, or anything else that needs private counseling. 

Sigs? Rep?

It's not.  It's just nice to have.

Ok? So Rep clearly isn't a priority then as it serves no purpose? Makes sense. 

You're telling me Exclusives can pick anyone? Talk about favoritism. 

Definition should be changed to those who've been with this site since it's inception or for those who've been here for 4/5+ years. 

I don't like the idea of Joe Smow waltzing in and getting an exclusive spot over someone like Llama. Llama, among many others, should've been an exclusive instantly. 

Same with Dante; Dante needs his own color, he does so much for this community. He stimulates creative discussion and always takes the time to help someone out and delivers his award winning passion for this site through each post. 

I, certainly am not picking favorites, but give respect where respect has been earned yeah?

While Quick-Reply is useful, it doesn't solve the issues with posting on mobile: something about scrolling through a densely worded slater ohm post the mobile network can't handle and I can't seem to scroll to the bottom to type a reply.

Has this issue been accounted for?

You're telling me Exclusives can pick anyone? Talk about favoritism. 

Definition should be changed to those who've been with this site since it's inception or for those who've been here for 4/5+ years. 

I don't like the idea of Joe Smow waltzing in and getting an exclusive spot over someone like Llama. Llama, among many others, should've been an exclusive instantly. 

Same with Dante; Dante needs his own color, he does so much for this community. He stimulates creative discussion and always takes the time to help someone out and delivers his award winning passion for this site through each post. 

I, certainly am not picking favorites, but give respect where respect has been earned yeah?

Exclusives has been like that since like 2007, I dont know how youve missed that. There hasnt been a new ex member since like 2013 I think, everyone has veto power over new additions. It's very hard to get in to, Joe Smoe wont make it in dont worry lol. When VIP was created Ex was removed, but as there were some people who shared very personal stuff in there that had no business in other sections it was reopened so we could keep that going. Ex is part of the history of this website, we dont actively do much with it besides some feedback sourcing here and there but it feels right to keep it.

THF Regulars is the private section for people with a certain post count or more than a year of membership. 

Dante is VIP, so he is orange... you want people to have their own color? wut.. there's 100s of people who have done amazing things for the site over the years. If people want to be actively involved they become VIPs. The only other color/special something I'd want to do is for donors.