THF Halo 2 Classic Free For All Tournament ($100 in prizes!)

BX they're correct. It should be Human weapons on map.

Gotcha.  Did I get anything else wrong?

GT: eX em OuTLaW

​I have 125-150 down and 25-50 up, maybe I should get host. (;

Also thank you BxSouljah for hosting/running a Halo 2 classic tournament!

You're welcome.  Thank you for signing up.

Looks good to me. BTW I'd play some ranked with you, but my roomy is playing and I'm about to watch some hockey.

Looks good to me. BTW I'd play some ranked with you, but my roomy is playing and I'm about to watch some hockey.

But it's the NBA playoffs!

Gamertag is Your Bud Lud
Thanks for hosting this ! This is gonna be awesome!

Gamertag is Your Bud Lud
Thanks for hosting this ! This is gonna be awesome!

Np man.

Everyone make sure to let other forum goers and friends that may not frequent this site know about this event.

Yeah... but nobody tell Blazin

GT: Fratuzion

Thank you for hosting an H2c Tourney.

GT: Hi im BL4CKOUT 
I already know Im going to lose haha someone msg me on gameday plz
31mb down/ 5.5 up

I'ma do it.

Depending on who hosts, the game results will be wildly different. That's just a reality, and i don't think a lot of people will buy into this for that reason. An FFA tournament at this stage of MCC and in it's current state is not a wise choice, imho. I'd recommend a 4s tournament, where host power is a little more diluted and where it's objectively less of a deterrent. Is it still an advantage in fours? Obviously, but giving both teams a chance to play on host in a series is much more balanced than letting one random person completely destroy in an FFA or wreck everyone's experience because their connection is absolute garbage. I also think it's worth point out that most of the people i've been talking with and playing with online are really burnt out on FFA, and have been looking to run more fours. I would include myself in that pool of players as well.

If you insist on doing FFA you need to test hosts and find out which hosts are generally preferred. You start with this pool of players. Anyone within that pool of players can request host (like request host box at FFA tournies in the past), if there's a discrepancy randomly select for that descrepancy amongst those who were approved to request host. People might not like it but the bottom line is that not everyone's host is playable and leaving it up to RNG to select a host that may or may not even work is a really foolish idea and is literally begging for issues/complaints/problems.

If you decide to reassess the tournament and possibly run 4s i can help you out. 4s is more viable for a number of reasons but will require a larger prizepool. I would host a seeding bracket (Free to enter) as a preamble to generate a little hype and let people know that THF is trying to get some good tournies going. I'd recommend the following:
-Randomize the entrants in a bracket
-best of 3 til finals
-different gametype lineup each round
-First Host is randomly picked, Alternating after that.
-Each team has ONE designated hoster that's been approved.
-Losers bracket inclusion based on time and number of teams competing.
-Placings designate your seed for the pay out tournament.

This will not only generate a little bit of a buzz, but it rewards players for showing up and gives a decent seeding for host designation for the cash tournament. Higher seed starts with host for the cash tournament. Hopefully this will provide a little extra time for fundraising (based on the donation goals i'd say there might be a little surplus to go a long way in a tournament like this. As far as new teams signing up that didn't play for seed, i'd like to see matchups be made objectively by people who play h2c regularly and know the competition to ensure that seeds get rewarded properly.

Just my opinion, let me know if you want any help. Good luck with this.

Glad you'd offer to help with a 4s tourney, but I'm surprised you think it's a better option. You don't think it would be harder to get decent brackets and actually have teams come out? I think FFA is way easier to setup.

I also think you're getting a little crazy with the whole "test everyone's host" thing. *Most* of the FFA games I've played on MCC have been just fine. The host in FFA has an advantage, sure, but it's only him really. Top 4 advance, so there are still plenty spots left and I doubt the same kid will be host every single time. I think the best way to run it, would be to have the host randomly assigned (or if the party of 8 know each other and decide together on who will host) and make sure everyone has their mic in. Then you just start the game up like usual, and participants have 90 seconds or something to play and see if it's an acceptable host. If 90 seconds go by and four people say it sucks, then the game is ended and a new host is chosen. If 3 or less people are complaining, then you just play out the round and that's it.

This thing doesn't feel super serious so I hope people don't freak out about minor bs.

Might as well just give the money to Kayemx.

​Cool idea though, hopefully you guys get a good turn out.

Nigga he aint like unbeatable

I'd like to register. GT is XY0X0YX and those are both zeros

Speaking of settings, I literally cannot find the MLG settings for Sanc flag and Sanc TS. I had an argument with someone because I remember Sanc TS being Map Default and the objective games being No Duals, but for some reason every result I pulled on Google, including the official MLG settings for tourneys they ran back in 07 and shit had the weapons on map listed for every map and every gametype EXCEPT FUCKING SANC WTF

I believe I have the correct sanc settings. They are on my file share, next time we are both online you should download them.
was gonna sign up but its no use because whoever gets host in the final round will win. 
JERLCH0 (The "o" is  a zero)

Glad you'd offer to help with a 4s tourney, but I'm surprised you think it's a better option. You don't think it would be harder to get decent brackets and actually have teams come out? I think FFA is way easier to setup.

I also think you're getting a little crazy with the whole "test everyone's host" thing. *Most* of the FFA games I've played on MCC have been just fine. The host in FFA has an advantage, sure, but it's only him really. Top 4 advance, so there are still plenty spots left and I doubt the same kid will be host every single time. I think the best way to run it, would be to have the host randomly assigned (or if the party of 8 know each other and decide together on who will host) and make sure everyone has their mic in. Then you just start the game up like usual, and participants have 90 seconds or something to play and see if it's an acceptable host. If 90 seconds go by and four people say it sucks, then the game is ended and a new host is chosen. If 3 or less people are complaining, then you just play out the round and that's it.

This thing doesn't feel super serious so I hope people don't freak out about minor bs.

This is the exact reason you should have people request host before the tournament. If you give people a window to complain then they are going to do it. I'm not saying i'm above that, i complain sometimes to, it's incredibly hard not to.

Have we been playing the same MCC? Maybe i've just been playing with a completely different crowd but FFA in general is a busted piece of shit, host aside. MCC is a magical land where average players can ride their connection to a top 1 finish over players who are clearly better than them. Midship FFA is exceptionally clairvoyant in that it regularly revenge spawns players directly behind one another for easy backwhacks. The pulsating radar allows players to go undetected without penalty and doubles the randomness that broken spawns bring. Grenades disappear in midair or don't appear at all... The list goes on, and i'm not making the point that the same issues don't plague fours, they do, just to a much lesser extent. The busted spawns are at least becoming somewhat more predictable in team games.

I'm incredibly surprised to see your post because you played in a mini bracket of mine on XBC for 40$. I was neutraling games for everyone in the later brackets, then when i lagged out Hable took host in the finals and won. I specifically remember you, and other players, being particularly vocal about how that was bullshit. - I would think that you'd want to avoid such things in the future. Even Steve will admit that he won strictly because of host. Let's be honest: XBC was much smoother than MCC, especially a couple years ago when the above tourney happened... so why not take some precautions? --That's the only point i'm trying to impress upon people: The game is random enough on it's own so why leave things up to chance when you can easily take care of something to ensure a good experience for all players throughout the tournament?--

If there's enough people, I think it'd be best to split the bracket East/West until whatever final there is. That make sense?

If there's enough people, I think it'd be best to split the bracket East/West until whatever final there is. That make sense?

I thought about suggesting this, i think it would get the best 8 players in the finals at least. Finals would be a different beast to consider. Neutraling the finals with an inbetween host is always an option as well.

I don't care for neutraling but it would be the least biased way to do the finals.

I will indulge in this.

GT: Kay Tee Inn

was gonna sign up but its no use because whoever gets host in the final round will win. 
I think that loser mentality is the reason you wouldnt have won. It's a free entry tournament with cash prizes. Lol.
J2 The Creator

Can't wait to get my ass destroyed like last time.
tonepwns
Haha I was kidding but he will win

Sweeeet. Even though I didn't make it past the 1st round in the first tourny I'm definitely joining this

TeeEmTwentyTwo

Can somebody sign me up? GT: LordZ HUGE BR
I'm in baby. I'm concerned about the host issue as well, simply because we're playing for more than money. We're playing for bragging rights, weather anyone wants to admit that or not. I wish it wasnt that way, I wont even brag if I win, but theres such a small community of Halo 2 players and thats just how people are. I just dont want to lose to anyone I know I'm better than, because of inconsistent MCC bs like Sk0ls mentioned, or connection. I'm going to PM you Soulja, btw you're the effing man for holding this. I respect that you chose h2 :) this will literally be the first FFA i've played since MCC dropped. Sad, isnt it? Which brings me to my next point, if any of you guys, participating or not, would like to run some practice FFAs, or any Customs for that matter, message me on XBL PLEASE! I have like nobody to play with. Soulja, add me to the list, and hit me up on xbox. Gamertag: Shining
I'm in baby. I'm concerned about the host issue as well, simply because we're playing for more than money. We're playing for bragging rights, weather anyone wants to admit that or not. I wish it wasnt that way, I wont even brag if I win, but theres such a small community of Halo 2 players and thats just how people are. I just dont want to lose to anyone I know I'm better than, because of inconsistent MCC bs like Sk0ls mentioned, or connection. I'm going to PM you Soulja, btw you're the effing man for holding this. I respect that you chose h2 :) this will literally be the first FFA i've played since MCC dropped. Sad, isnt it? Which brings me to my next point, if any of you guys, participating or not, would like to run some practice FFAs, or any Customs for that matter, message me on XBL PLEASE! I have like nobody to play with. Soulja, add me to the list, and hit me up on xbox. Gamertag: Shining

@Scace: I don't want the settings to play on, I just want to know if I was right or not. I suppose I could just search Hardcore, choose Sanc and pay attention to the settings, but I wouldn't be surprised if MCC doesn't even have the old legit MLG gametypes. Does MCC even have file share?

This is the exact reason you should have people request host before the tournament. If you give people a window to complain then they are going to do it. I'm not saying i'm above that, i complain sometimes to, it's incredibly hard not to.

Have we been playing the same MCC? Maybe i've just been playing with a completely different crowd but FFA in general is a busted piece of shit, host aside. MCC is a magical land where average players can ride their connection to a top 1 finish over players who are clearly better than them. Midship FFA is exceptionally clairvoyant in that it regularly revenge spawns players directly behind one another for easy backwhacks. The pulsating radar allows players to go undetected without penalty and doubles the randomness that broken spawns bring. Grenades disappear in midair or don't appear at all... The list goes on, and i'm not making the point that the same issues don't plague fours, they do, just to a much lesser extent. The busted spawns are at least becoming somewhat more predictable in team games.

I'm incredibly surprised to see your post because you played in a mini bracket of mine on XBC for 40$. I was neutraling games for everyone in the later brackets, then when i lagged out Hable took host in the finals and won. I specifically remember you, and other players, being particularly vocal about how that was bullshit. - I would think that you'd want to avoid such things in the future. Even Steve will admit that he won strictly because of host. Let's be honest: XBC was much smoother than MCC, especially a couple years ago when the above tourney happened... so why not take some precautions? --That's the only point i'm trying to impress upon people: The game is random enough on it's own so why leave things up to chance when you can easily take care of something to ensure a good experience for all players throughout the tournament?--

Well I said you had to have 4 people all request host switch. Is half the lobby going to bitch? Is half the lobby going to bitch more than once? I really hope not lol. But I thought you suggested literally testing every single person's host, not requesting host before it even starts. And wouldn't EVERYONE want host? So all contestants have requested host, now what? Test them all? I'm not sitting in a lobby testing 8 hosts to see who has the best, that's hella unreasonable imo.

My experience with MCC and FFA, since they fixed the glitch that kept you in respawn and the "shot registration update" has been fine dude. I couldn't have rolled my eyes harder at your second paragraph. It looks like a lot of nitpicky, whiny crybaby bullshit. That doesn't mean I'm calling you that, but I'm 100% serious when I say that since like 2 patches ago, I've had maybe...one shitty FFA? I mean I already know I can't 4 shot someone across the map off host, you NEVER could. So I don't expect it to work now, and I play accordingly. I win plenty and have never hosted an FFA on MCC before. Seriously no clue why not only you, but other people in here are making a big deal about host. It's always been a thing, but I don't think it's worse in MCC than og h2. Yes MCC was complete garbage, but as of 2 patches ago, I don't really have anything to complain about gameplay wise. Obv I have issues with the playlists, ranks, quitters etc., but the actual game itself? Nah, it's aight aside from the way higher frequency of spawn traps in 1v1 on Lockout.

Not saying I don't believe your last paragraph, I just straight up have zero recollection on anything relating to that whatsoever. Almost to the point where I think you have me confused with someone else. But then again, my memory is garbage, so I'm sure you're right but I just don't remember it lol.

Again, didn't you suggest testing every single player's host? How is that easier than what I suggested? It's way more time consuming and frankly unnecessary imo. But it looks like I'm the only person in this thread who doesn't think it's a big deal, so I'll just accept whatever the majority or Tourney Runner decide because I really don't care lol.

If this was a paid entry contest I could kind of get the whining about host.  But. It's not. 

If this was a paid entry contest I could kind of get the whining about host.  But. It's not. 

Yeah, you guys are taking a bit too far lol

Can somebody sign me up? GT: LordZ HUGE BR

You just did yourself.

I have an idea that might solve the host issues for the finals. The top 4 from the final FFA should play 1v1's on Warlock, on a neutral host, preferably on BxSouljah's or a Haloforum staff member for legitimacy. 1 seed vs the 4 seed and 2 seed vs the 3 seed, and the winners play each other for 1st place. 

I have an idea that might solve the host issues for the finals. The top 4 from the final FFA should play 1v1's on Warlock, on a neutral host, preferably on BxSouljah's or a Haloforum staff member for legitimacy. 1 seed vs the 4 seed and 2 seed vs the 3 seed, and the winners play each other for 1st place. 

Woah homie...that's seems like that idea would require a little more effort and work than I planned on putting in for this.

OG style

GT - KayEmX