THF Halo 2 Classic Free For All Tournament ($100 in prizes!)

Neutraling an ffa with 8 people would be dumb. Having 9 people in the lobby will make everyone only spawn with 1 grenade. Spawning with one grenade would severely handicap the gameplay imo. I've seen people not drop more than 40 kills off host and suddenly become a top player on host winning every ffa. Maybe you should do a 2v2 slayer tournament on h2c where you play best of 3. If it comes down to who host game 3, you should reward the team who won by a bigger margin with host. It is the only way to fairly determine who gets host. Whoever gets host in the finals will most likely win. If they don't win I 100 percent believe it will be a top 3 finish. Playing on host is brain dead in mcc. It feels like you're up a shot on everyone you br. MCC host has such an advantage you don't even need to strafe. It has come to the point where if you don't win by 20 kills on host you're "bad". I go into every ffa I play now just to try to finish 2nd. This tournament will fail as a result of host and will leave a lot of people unhappy.

Instead of happiness and excitement for a free tournament for real money I see a bunch of complainers.  If you want to go host a tournament, be our guest.  If you don't like the rules...then don't enter.  

Has anyone even thanked him for doing this?

Again, didn't you suggest testing every single player's host? How is that easier than what I suggested? It's way more time consuming and frankly unnecessary imo. But it looks like I'm the only person in this thread who doesn't think it's a big deal, so I'll just accept whatever the majority or Tourney Runner decide because I really don't care lol.

Where did i say every single entrants connection had to be tested?

If you want to host a game, submit your name. BX or some one else runs a couple minutes of FFA with you to make sure your host is straight. When the tournament comes around and the brackets are released any approved player can request host for his bracket. If there's more than one requesting then you randomly select. It's so fucking simple it's ridiculous. I'm just trying to help Aaron make sure everyone is satisfied and has as tolerable an experience as possible.

I get it, you're cool, you don't give a fuck about halo and it means nothing to you. Your attitude is tiring. I want this tourney to do well for everyone's sake and that means helping Aaron iron out some of the details he doesn't have thought out. Host is a huge point of contention for a lot of players on MCC because at this point it's absolutely more dominant than any other halo past or present. That's a fact.

Whoever gets host in the finals will most likely win. If they don't win I 100 percent believe it will be a top 3 finish. Playing on host is brain dead in mcc. It feels like you're up a shot on everyone you br. MCC host has such an advantage you don't even need to strafe. It has come to the point where if you don't win by 20 kills on host you're "bad". .

Also this. Something entirely different needs to be figured out for the finals specifically.

It's true.

Synqpse

GT: Cizzzats

Awesome initiative bx, ill keep an eye on VIP in case you need help.
Awesome, I'm in. GT: Sheney

MAGICAL TIM0THY -MAGICAL TIM0THY
So many new members from this :)

Again, didn't you suggest testing every single player's host? How is that easier than what I suggested? It's way more time consuming and frankly unnecessary imo. But it looks like I'm the only person in this thread who doesn't think it's a big deal, so I'll just accept whatever the majority or Tourney Runner decide because I really don't care lol.

Where did i say every single entrants connection had to be tested?

If you want to host a game, submit your name. BX or some one else runs a couple minutes of FFA with you to make sure your host is straight. When the tournament comes around and the brackets are released any approved player can request host for his bracket. If there's more than one requesting then you randomly select. It's so fucking simple it's ridiculous. I'm just trying to help Aaron make sure everyone is satisfied and has as tolerable an experience as possible.

I get it, you're cool, you don't give a fuck about halo and it means nothing to you. Your attitude is tiring. I want this tourney to do well for everyone's sake and that means helping Aaron iron out some of the details he doesn't have thought out. Host is a huge point of contention for a lot of players on MCC because at this point it's absolutely more dominant than any other halo past or present. That's a fact.

You're essentially suggesting it again in this very post, so I bolded and underlined it. Don't we all want host? Of course. So every player submits their name. Then BX will have to run a few minutes with every single person who says they would like host. Which is  likely every entrant, because judging by how much host apparently matters, NOT submitting your name to be a host would be like shooting yourself in the foot.

Your second paragraph confuses me. I am not acting like I'm cool, and I'd like you to quote specifically what I have said in this thread that means I don't give a fuck about Halo and it means nothing to me. And do not tell me it was the vibe or my tone or "how I am coming across." Either quote me or admit you're wrong. I play like 5 days a week, I am recording for a video and I have watched almost every single H2C vid that has come out since MCC release and I can't wait until they put ranks in Hardcore. So what the hell are you talking about? My attitude is tiring? My attitude is literally, "Let's play the game." Your suggestions have been tiring and time consuming. I legitimately do not believe there is a large difference in host advantage compared to og H2. I on occasion can 4 shot off host from B3 to S3 on Lockout if I lead the shots properly. It's like you think it takes 8 shots to kill someone from 10 feet away. It doesn't.

This dude might win.

You're essentially suggesting it again in this very post, so I bolded and underlined it. Don't we all want host? Of course. So every player submits their name. Then BX will have to run a few minutes with every single person who says they would like host. Which is  likely every entrant, because judging by how much host apparently matters, NOT submitting your name to be a host would be like shooting yourself in the foot.

Your second paragraph confuses me. I am not acting like I'm cool, and I'd like you to quote specifically what I have said in this thread that means I don't give a fuck about Halo and it means nothing to me. And do not tell me it was the vibe or my tone or "how I am coming across." Either quote me or admit you're wrong. I play like 5 days a week, I am recording for a video and I have watched almost every single H2C vid that has come out since MCC release and I can't wait until they put ranks in Hardcore. So what the hell are you talking about? My attitude is tiring? My attitude is literally, "Let's play the game." Your suggestions have been tiring and time consuming. I legitimately do not believe there is a large difference in host advantage compared to og H2. I on occasion can 4 shot off host from B3 to S3 on Lockout if I lead the shots properly. It's like you think it takes 8 shots to kill someone from 10 feet away. It doesn't.

I've never done that in a single custom game nor have i done it in MM. On some hosts it absolutely does take 8 shots at close range. It's great that your experience with the game has been good, but it doesn't mean the problems for everyone else go away because xyox is having a good time. Yes some of my suggestions take time, but it's better than your method of pretending there isn't an issue when that same issue is slapping thousands of players in the face every day. I don't know if you're stupid or just trolling me about host so i'm gonna leave it at that. If you enter then good luck.

@BxSouljah : Err on the side of safety. It's better to take time and do something right rather than take no time and end up with a poor experience for people. Don't listen to anyone else telling you differently. If you need extra man power or help testing hosts then hit me up. I can assure you it will be worth it. Not everyone is going to request host, you can eliminate some players immediately based on their connection speed - you literally can weed out 75% of players imply by asking for a screen shot of their speed test results. It will not be nearly as time consuming as xyox is trying to make it. Also, I still don't know if i'll be in town to play but most likely will be at the beach that weekend, which is why i haven't signed up.

I've never done that in a single custom game nor have i done it in MM. On some hosts it absolutely does take 8 shots at close range. It's great that your experience with the game has been good, but it doesn't mean the problems for everyone else go away because xyox is having a good time. Yes some of my suggestions take time, but it's better than your method of pretending there isn't an issue when that same issue is slapping thousands of players in the face every day. I don't know if you're stupid or just trolling me about host so i'm gonna leave it at that. If you enter then good luck.

I literally do it like once (or more) a game. As condescending as this sounds, do you not know how to lead your shots in H2? You don't have to do it by much, but you do have to do it sometimes. I know you probably wouldn't watch, but I'm actually considering just sending you xboxclips.com links of me of doing it. Read what I've written and give me the benefit of the doubt that I'm not randomly lying to you in an attempt to make people have a worse time. Now put yourself in my position with the experiences I've had, and I'm sure you can understand why I think you're exaggerating crazily. Like I posted before, I really have had less than 3 shitty FFAs in the last month. Do you have any idea why your experience is so vastly different to the point that the only options you can see are that I'm an idiot or trolling you? Do you have a bad connection and play with other bad connections? I'm sure by now you know which of your friends have good hosts and which do not, so how can you still not (NOT EVEN ONCE) have 4'd a nerd from B3 to S3?

It's funny, it's like we both genuinely believe the other person is lying. What a weird scenario.

Regardless, I'm just having a conversation with you. There isn't going to be any resistance from me regardless of how hosts are chosen. Just making sure people know I'm not an enemy of this thing, seeing as I already signed up.

I think the randomness of FFA's in general sort of evens out the playing field in a lot of cases (unless your name is 7up) in regards to host.  You can still have host and simply have a shitty, unlucky game. I've had games when I drop 80 and games when I get below 40. FFA in general is a load of shit and certainly does not show who the better player is just based on a couple of games. That is why I am not going to take this tournament too seriously... I think I have a shot at winning but I could easily get knocked out in the first round. It all just depends on so many different factors (spawns, random clean-up kills, various bs). I'm just glad someone is hosting a free-entry tournament with a bit of prize money! Hell, I'd play for no prize money. Thank you Bx.
Sk0ls and XYOX, ya'll should 1v1. Best of 3. The winner decides how host is chosen for the tournament.

Sign me up

Blazinhatesnubz

As long as there are stickys on the map I will join.  Anybody want to do a prop bet on who gets most sticks?

gamertag - Llama spits (you can call me Llama swallows if you are unoriginal)

alexis91977

I literally do it like once (or more) a game. As condescending as this sounds, do you not know how to lead your shots in H2? You don't have to do it by much, but you do have to do it sometimes. I know you probably wouldn't watch, but I'm actually considering just sending you xboxclips.com links of me of doing it. Read what I've written and give me the benefit of the doubt that I'm not randomly lying to you in an attempt to make people have a worse time. Now put yourself in my position with the experiences I've had, and I'm sure you can understand why I think you're exaggerating crazily. Like I posted before, I really have had less than 3 shitty FFAs in the last month. Do you have any idea why your experience is so vastly different to the point that the only options you can see are that I'm an idiot or trolling you? Do you have a bad connection and play with other bad connections? I'm sure by now you know which of your friends have good hosts and which do not, so how can you still not (NOT EVEN ONCE) have 4'd a nerd from B3 to S3?

It's funny, it's like we both genuinely believe the other person is lying. What a weird scenario.

Regardless, I'm just having a conversation with you. There isn't going to be any resistance from me regardless of how hosts are chosen. Just making sure people know I'm not an enemy of this thing, seeing as I already signed up.

if youve only played three ffas in the last month then honestly just shut the fuck up. Its not a question of whos lying, im not calling you a liar at any point youre just being standoffish for the sake of it, and acting like the biggest problem in halo 2 customs isnt a problem. If you actually have an idea to contribute then by all means but its obvious you came here to disagree with me... Not to help bx find a solution to the only issue at hand. I want the tournament to go smoothly, thats it.

Bx like i said, screen shot peoples connections, you pick the best 8 connections or so and test them from there.  It would literally take an hour at most. Fuck it i can tell you who has a good host when i get back from the coast, because ive actually played with just about everyone in the tourney and ive heard about the people i havent played with. Its a really simple concept and the only people who arent grasping that are the people who arent in touch with the game. Regionally divide people for the first round, pick the best available hosts for each bracket. Boom done.

For the record, I tend to agree with Sk0ls. It makes more sense to assign host based on internet speed/quality of host rather than at random. There's no reason why host can't be switched every game while still making sure the connection is good for everyone.
I will take all concerns and opinions about deciding hosts and make a well educated and synergertic deicison for all participants. I do not discourage the statements of either party. Futhermore, I hope that my final decision in the issue of hosts will not discourage anyone from competing in the tournament.
Does anyone wanna run customs and practice FFA?

if youve only played three ffas in the last month then honestly just shut the fuck up. Its not a question of whos lying, im not calling you a liar at any point youre just being standoffish for the sake of it, and acting like the biggest problem in halo 2 customs isnt a problem. If you actually have an idea to contribute then by all means but its obvious you came here to disagree with me... Not to help bx find a solution to the only issue at hand. I want the tournament to go smoothly, thats it.

Bx like i said, screen shot peoples connections, you pick the best 8 connections or so and test them from there.  It would literally take an hour at most. Fuck it i can tell you who has a good host when i get back from the coast, because ive actually played with just about everyone in the tourney and ive heard about the people i havent played with. Its a really simple concept and the only people who arent grasping that are the people who arent in touch with the game. Regionally divide people for the first round, pick the best available hosts for each bracket. Boom done.

What are you talking about? Can you not read? I said I've played 3 SHITTY FFA's. Every single other FFA has been great. I've played a million of em lol. I'm not being standoffish dude, I just disagree with you. Why is that a problem for you? Are you not able to disagree with someone and be okay with it? I want the tourney to go well too lol. This whole time I've just been having a conversation you, is that not what you've been doing with me as well?

Jarrod is in this?! i hope you're in one of my games! cats to win this easily ^^

jesus christ, stfu skols. 

On some hosts it absolutely does take 8 shots at close range.

o_o

Se7en Up can't log into his account but he would like to join in on this so I'm posting for him.

GT: iSe7enUpi

Agree with Rhis.

so can we just do this host selection based off internet speed pls

so can we just do this host selection based off internet speed pls

this tied into the lower seed getting priority in hosting, no need for the best players to have host as well.

but seriously, who is skols playing against where he is getting 8 shots off in close range without dying? 

Damn, that's a good idea. I didn't even think of giving host priority to lower seeds.

usually i get paid for that kind of advice.

but really, big ups and thanks to the homie bxsouljah for running this, and with a free entry to boot. 

That would require establishing seeding that isn't random. Have fun sorting that out.
havent you guys run a few of these ffa tournaments lately?
havent you guys run a few of these ffa tournaments lately?
The only that I'm aware of was the initial that Doodlepop won.