Official Soccer Thread

Discuss real football here
villa got spanked, unsurprisingly

Discuss real football here

no

Cuadrado to Chelsea, excited to watch him play for the blues but... It was kinda a luxury buy we dont need him I think. We will see.

Goodbye Darren Fletcher. Was hoping we'd get Hummels though, oh well maybe during summer.
How about that Scott Sterling eh?

How about that Scott Sterling eh?

YES!!!!!

Think Cuadrado is an exciting signing, can't wait to watch him play and see how he fits in with the team.

Think Cuadrado is an exciting signing, can't wait to watch him play and see how he fits in with the team.

We have so many players that can play that role tho.

What we needed was a Defender. Cahill is Nasty, Terry is Awesome but old, and Zouma is still very young, he played a great game against City but we need someone more experienced. All in my opinion.

I am excited to see what happened with Juan tho.

We have so many players that can play that role tho.

What we needed was a Defender. Cahill is Nasty, Terry is Awesome but old, and Zouma is still very young, he played a great game against City but we need someone more experienced. All in my opinion.

I am excited to see what happened with Juan tho.

Yeah we could have definitely used a defender signing, but John Terry is playing some great football right now despite his age, Zouma will only keep improving, and Cahill is quality of course.  Ivanovic can always be moved to centerback if need be, and we would still have Azpilicueta and Luis as outside backs.  There are a couple of guys coming up through the academy as well that look to be decent young talents.

Agreed. Like I said before it's purely a luxury buy; just because we can afford him.

#6 is unreal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NurlfAcY378

fucking fa cup

Agreed. Like I said before it's purely a luxury buy; just because we can afford him.

#6 is unreal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NurlfAcY378

There are a couple I was hoping to be in there and the order was a bit weird imo, but that is still a fantastic video.

Just watched all of that. Great video 6 is just... the stars must have aligned or something

Melbourne, Merseyside, North London and Madrid derbies tonight. Juventus vs Milan too. Big night of football

Anyone watching Tottenham - Arsenal?

Even game all round. Goal might've been an offside though, idk was a close call.

Spurs looks clueless at times and are diving all over the shop. The ref is buying every one, too - I fully expect an Arsenal player to see red by the end of this match due to a Spurs dive.

I can't remember the last time I saw Mourinho smile.

Got some money on Everton!

That game was sick, did you watch the Madrid derby? Real copped an ass whooping

A real ass whooping ,one might say. ehh..

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the match, only the highlights. Looked like Atletico had them by the balls during the whole match. Stoked for Real Madrid Castilla - Athletic Bilbao II today, Hopefully Martin Ødegaard gets his debut :) 

If you don't know who Martin Ødegaard is, allthough I'm sure most of you do by now. He's the super hyped Norwegian youngster (just tuned 16) that Real Madrid bought this transfer.  Most of the big clubs were after him, such as United, City, Pool, Barcelona and Bayern München, basically he could go to whatever club he wanted to, but he chose to go to Real Madrid. Playing his first match for Castilla today, but I'm hoping for a A-team debut this year, which by the looks of it isn't that unrealistic. There's plenty of highlight videos on youtube if you want to take a look, and keep in mind he is 15y/o in all of the clips.

Yeah everyone's expecting big things from the kid, IIRC one of his Norweigan national team-mates said that  Martin was the best player he's ever seen. I just really hope he has the time to fully blossom before being pushed into the madrid first team. If he kills it in castilla I don't see why he can't come off the bench for the first team sometime this season (highly doubt it though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiBOJsQdlB0

Yesterday was a tough game, Everton looked so strong. Petr Chech, and Matic played a fucking amazing game.

Branislav Ivanovic has been playing phenomenal football. Didn't think he'd turn into a little prolific goal scorer lol.

blatter resigned after all that fuz last friday re election.

wtf lol

Hopefully the Feds assfuck him
who's watching euro 2016

Me. Felt bad for Romania yesterday, they deserved something from that game. Especially since France's first goal came from a foul anyways :/ Bale's goal just now was so shit too. Garbage keeping.

nah, france definitely deserved the 3 points. romania defended well for the most part but france was the team with the initiative and the creative plays. well deserved imo.

Romania had three clear cut chances where France had the Griezmann header and tap-ins which he missed. Romania defended really well and France looked terrible in possession. They played really nervously, could build up attacks well and were just resorting to kicking balls up to Griezmann/Giroud, and their first goal came from a foul. Personally, I can't say France deserved the three points since they were incredibly lucky not to be scored on early in the first half and even luckier that their first goal wasn't disallowed. They only won the game through a screamer from Payet as well.
at the end of the day france were the clear aggressors in that match. I applaud entertaining football 

I'm really curious how Belgium is going to do this time, so much great players, so much potential...
but if u look at how we played our last few games it's a little discouraging, what you guys think? on paper they're one of the best teams in the world.

who are your favorites to win the European Championship?

yeah, your team is fucking top notch on paper

and hi cutie

hey sexy, who are u expecting to win? Germany? france? 

no Benzema but Griezmann is sooo good, missed a few yesterday but still, if u look at what he did for atleco in the champions league

edit: still no Kompany tho... massive whole in our defence, really noticable in the last few games, vertonghen has to do everything by himself now

yeah I'ma put one finger on france but I'm really not sure. 
Vertonghen has to do everything by himself now? Are you joking? Alderweireld played really, really good for Tottenham this season, and made the PFA team of the year. Belgium have top class central defenders in Vertonghen and Alderweireld, especially considering they play and train together daily. You have mediocre choices for the full-back positions though. 
I think the safe (and smart) choice is Germany. Their squad is insanely consistent and really fucking good. I'll be surprised if they don't make it to the semis at least. I think Hummels is injured so they might have some trouble there but Hector is pretty good as well so it shouldn't hurt them too much. This year they have Reus who I'm really excited to watch on the international stage since he unfortunately missed the World Cup. On paper, Spain have a fantastic squad too but seeing as they just lost to Georgia, I'm not expecting much from them. I really hope they find a new coach soon because VdB has been terrible since he's actually been required to coach.