The Firearms/Weapon Discussion Thread

Want to show off your recent gun/knive/bow etc purchase?  Have shooting tips to share ? Or questions? Discuss them here!
I recently bought a S&W SD9VE. I like everything about it so far. Did a little mini shooting session put 50 rounds through it no issues. I have been having a ton of fun shooting and I am going try to go to the range every other weekend.

My last pickup was this Saiga.

http://tinypic.com/r/2j2exrq/8

full arsenal is a springfield XD .45, m&p shield 9mm (daily carry),  91/30 Mosin (hex receiver) and a Yugo SKS. I have an 80% lower for an AK47 and a AR that I have yet to start.  

Sweet thread m8.

Some fun in the arms room:

My old office:

My favorite guns:

I'll have to go take some pictures of my own collection when I get a chance, but I've got a little video I can throw in.

Me and a couple of buddies out in the desert shooting a propane tank with a Springfield M1A. Hot sand lands on my buddy's back so he screams a bit, good times. it's uncut, so bear with me, but there are 2 more angles that I can't seem to find that shows how close my other 2 friends were, they were less than 10 feet away behind a small ditch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyjYe0y0dlQ&feature=youtu.be

@Sky I am going to try to work my way to having a collection like that soon. I want a starting base group of guns consisting of one bolt action rifle, handgun, shotgun, and a semi-auto rifle.  After I have all of that then I will focus on working on a collection of my favorite more expensive ones.  

@Wugums That first pic reminds me of these pictures haha

whether its pump, break, lever, bolt, semi and or full auto...love em all

my first was a 3030 lever that was handed down to me from my dad.

however i treasure the one below because I built it from lower on up.

love the low profile sights, magpul mbus pro's

I have a black Remington 7mm Mag rifle (bolt action). Its at my dads house temprarily as he supposedly got invited to go shooting recently, and said he would give it back to me, with the title, after it got some servicing. Someday I will hunt with it. I also will have a Mossberg 12 guage pump shotgun...28in barrel. :D I love it.

I am in the market for a cheap .22 long rifle. Was told to check out Ruger 10/22s...the cheaper ones.

In the realm of knives, I have a couple cheap pocket knifes. One is a simple utility knife. And I have a special one that was given to be by  a former US Marine that I know..a friend of my moms. A Gerber folding knife. Pretty darn sharp...and good lookin as well. He got it while serving in the Middle East during Operation Desert Storm...never used it over there. So i think its pretty amazing that I can say I have a military knife that has been in the Middle East. :)

I have a black Remington 7mm Mag rifle (bolt action). Its at my dads house temprarily as he supposedly got invited to go shooting recently, and said he would give it back to me, with the title, after it got some servicing. Someday I will hunt with it. I also will have a Mossberg 12 guage pump shotgun...28in barrel. :D I love it.

I am in the market for a cheap .22 long rifle. Was told to check out Ruger 10/22s...the cheaper ones.

In the realm of knives, I have a couple cheap pocket knifes. One is a simple utility knife. And I have a special one that was given to be by  a former US Marine that I know..a friend of my moms. A Gerber folding knife. Pretty darn sharp...and good lookin as well. He got it while serving in the Middle East during Operation Desert Storm...never used it over there. So i think its pretty amazing that I can say I have a military knife that has been in the Middle East. :)

You absolutely cannot go wrong with a Ruger 10-22, I've owned 3 off then but sold last one when a 500 round brick off ammo hit 60 bucks (ridiculous...). I am in the market for the breakdown/backpack model now though. Last one I has was the polymer, stainless steel model with a match grade trigger. Absolutely phenomenal, I probably shot 8000 round through it and it was still as on point as the day I bought it. Ended up selling it for 50 bucks more than I had spent in it to some scrub. That speaks for the weapon though.

Also forgot that I have my old 870 for home defense. Loaded with 2 shells of  01 buckshot then the rest are 04 buckshot. 

@the 22 talk. I'd get a .22 for plinking. I love finger fucking my guns though so it kills me that I can't dry fire it. I shot a P22 a few times and I liked it. I have no hoard of ammo and where I live it's hard to get a hold of so I really have no reason to get one atm.

Bought 700 more rounds of 9mm Luger going to put 200 or so through the SD9 today. 

Edit:  Everything went good no FtE, FfF, or misfires. 

Just ordered 2250 target rounds for my 12ga, super on the cheap. check out ammoseek.com if you want the deal, i ordered the last 9 boxes of 250 they had with free shipping.

Mfw when I click your link and it's sold out.

You bitch

Pic for 2threadz #noshame, gen 4, G22 with Streamlight tlr-4. Over 6000 round through it, I'm on my second barrel with only two malfunctions to date: first was a squib load that thankfully I noticed, and the second was a smokestack off a short loaded round. Can't beat Glock reliability. http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/wugums/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_201...
Why .40? 
My favorite handgun round aside from 5.7x28, has excellent firepower to recoil ratio, much more stopping power than 9mm and so much easier to handle than .45. Added bonus of holding 15 rounds as opposed to the G41 .45 holding 13. Plus I have a few thousand rounds stock piled ;p
Eww, imo 1911's should only be .45. It's a beautiful gun, but I only consider .380 useful when you want a very small gun, very hidden. I do like the new Glock .380 though, it's the size of a $0.99 squirt gun. Again,beautiful gun, but nah.

I agree with Wugums if I got a 1911 it would feel weird not getting a .45. But in the end it's all about preference. I have had my eye on this one and it has been taunting me saying "don't worry about buying a shotgun, bolt action, or AR-15. Just get me and put some gold plated grips on. I mean who cares about money?"

My uncle has 2 Kimber 1911s. I've never shot them but damn they are pretty.

I mean who cares about money?"

well, if you did...you can virtually build a ar15 around 500$

Get a load of this. I don't have a nice Star-Wars one like that, though. More like a cheap Chinese ripoff from second hand.

Well I'd rather have a, umm. I'd take a.... Yeah, I'll take a light sabre.
So do you guys have bugout bags in case SHTF? My SKS in my innawoods rifle along with a 3 day survival bag. And I keep a smaller one in my car. 
I have a bugout tuff-box, has everything from a spare lock pick set to a two month supply of mre's. Probably weighs close to 120 lbs but I'm not going anywhere without a vehicle in Alaska.
Noice. My bag is probably 60lbs. Water, MREs, medical kit, gun cleaning kit with 125rds of 7.62, small tent, polish wearable shelter, mess kit, etc. If I had a 5.56 weapon I'd maybe choose that over my SKS. 7.62 def takes up more space and weight, hence why I only have 125rds. Plus 100rds of .45 for my pistol. Never know when shit is gonna blow. 
Very nice, one thing I just added that I completely forgot about was a gas siphon. It's only like 2gallons/min but it's very compact. I also have an axe with shovel attachment and pick attachment, multiple fire starting methods, some cans of sterno, a compass, 550 cord, and a heap of medical supplies to include sutures and IV kits.
Alaska is a very bad spot to be if the shtf.  I am not prepared at all. Should probably start working on that just to have it.
I agree/disagree, I could survive off the land indefinitely, though the winters would be rough, I have about the best extreme weather clothing possible, and if shtf I could easily acquire more. And everyone has guns up here, so potential allies and plenty of ammo are too be found.
Alaska would be...I guess fun? Trying to survive. You don't even need a shelter if your buried in snow. Build a foxhole in the snow to stay warm. I know a lot of people have that misconception about snow, but it's a great insulator.  That said I'd still take the non snowy mountains over snow if in a survival situation. I've been wanting to hike the virginia part of the Appalachian trail so bad. Like a 5 day hike would be amazing. I love being in the wilderness.
That's my hope soon.
Fuck snow. Fuck the cold. Fuck Alaska. Texans are pussies when it comes to cold.
Fuck snow. Fuck the cold. Fuck Alaska. Texans are pussies.
FTFY

smd Mr. I am sweating my balls off in 85 degree weather. 

went to a little gun show saturday. Looking to buy my first gun but wasn't much there I'm interested in.

Want a glock but idk. Not in the mood to spend the money but would be cool to have something to shoot.