Heroes | 1v1 Montage featuring Llama

I was given a few clips to edit for Llama, took creative control in developing the video. I had a few songs I had wanted to edit to and ended up getting pretty into it throughout the project.

Presented by HoW Gaming.

Gameplay: Llama
Editing: BL4CKOUT

​Download.

Intro was a little too long and the flashing got a bit of hand. Clips were solid and the edit flowed well with the song. Great job guys.

Some of those effects were ridiculously awesome. I watched a few parts over like 4 times, but right now I can't even recall a single clip from the video lol. Definitely makes an interesting video but it kind of takes away from the gameplay. Overall a decent watch

Intro was a little too long and the flashing got a bit of hand. Clips were solid and the edit flowed well with the song. Great job guys.

appreciate the feedback. and yes, I am the seizure factory, its what I do. ;)

Some of those effects were ridiculously awesome. I watched a few parts over like 4 times, but right now I can't even recall a single clip from the video lol. Definitely makes an interesting video but it kind of takes away from the gameplay. Overall a decent watch

Yeah, I was trying to avoid that. I wanted to make everything visible while still being able to build my effects around the gameplay. Guess I still need to work on that a bit. Thanks for that watch tho

Edit: Download link added

That was awesome. Thanks for the edit man.

That was awesome. Thanks for the edit man.

No problem man, I had a lot of fun putting it together. You had some great clips too, hopefully they still get the due respect

Here is something I think you should strive for in your edits. Jordan showed me this video a while back. I think this guy basically does what you are trying to do. Stop butchering gameplay to the point where people can't even make out what happens. It's not what you should strive for at all, you should easily be able to show both gameplay and your gfx skills at the same time.

I'm not going to waste anyones time by posting a long write up about this since everything I saw had the same mistakes (imo) as your last edit that I commented 3 paragraphs on. Forced syncing, unfitting effects, twixtor distortion on clips that weren't even slowed down, the list goes on.

My eyes hurt!

Jk nice video

Love some of these effects good gp aswell

Here is something I think you should strive for in your edits. Jordan showed me this video a while back. I think this guy basically does what you are trying to do. Stop butchering gameplay to the point where people can't even make out what happens. It's not what you should strive for at all, you should easily be able to show both gameplay and your gfx skills at the same time.

Actually that's not my style in the least. This guy does not 'do what I'm trying to do'. For starters, you don't know what I'm trying to do.  My work is solely experimental and self taught, I will do as I please. There's no one that's going to govern over how I conduct my work but me. Secondly, I actually hate that edit, I don't see why you would think that's remotely my taste. Please don't get ahead of yourself and think you know a thing about me, especially what I like or my creative aspirations. And if Jordan is Wonderland I can pull up 100 videos of what he is trying to do, starting with NIIGHT. If these edits are new to you, you may want to start checking out the many editing communities there are, like T10, Revise, Requiem, Relative Minds, UniqueTrappin, OCC, Verum, T3C etc. Don't tell me I'm 'butchering' gameplay because it doesn't suite your taste. I'll happily hand over the footage to you so you can do a better job if you so please. You act like I made this because I have something to prove lol but, at the same time, you have not proven to me why you seem to think of yourself so highly. I still don't get it.

I'm not going to waste anyones time by posting a long write up about this since everything I saw had the same mistakes (imo) as your last edit that I commented 3 paragraphs on. Forced syncing, unfitting effects, twixtor distortion on clips that weren't even slowed down, the list goes on.

1. No one asked for a long write up, or anything at all for that matter. 2. I don't even know what video you commented 3 paragraphs on because honestly I don't pay you much attention to you. 3. Forced syncing? Unfitting effects? Haha I don't think you understand that art is subjective so who are you to tell me what does and does not 'fit'? And I don't know if you've realized but twixtor doesn't create motion vectors on something that isn't slowed.. twixtor interpolates footage between frames using vectors......so.......... if you see it.. that means it's slowing something........ you may want to start shortening that list. And while you're at it you can hop off that pedestal, looks lonely up there. It seems you don't understand how constructive criticism works. Sorry I don't make the same template, cut & paste mimicked work you're used to but trust I couldn't care less. Just because I'm not doing what you're teacher told you to do in creating an artform, doesn't make it wrong. There's no right or wrong in the art world. That's why there's men like Basquiat. Sorry to break it to you but you're no Scorsese of the Halo community, so please don't attempt to belittle me. I can be as unorthodox as I like with my work and I don't remember asking for you validation. I know exactly what you two would like to see, and I am more than capable of doing so, it's just I have other plans, like being original. Thanks though.

Ugh, and just as I was saying not to take offense to bias remarks. Making me put my foot in my mouth lmao​. Well, I guess I'll just wait for the snarky remark that's sure to ensue.

Much appreciated :)

There is no snarky mark required.

All we are saying is, you can easily not butcher the shit out of the gameplay and do an experimental/unique style.

nvm

Don't be mad that I'm one of the few people that call out how much better your edits could've been if you weren't so arrogant and take any "actual" constructive criticism as a jab while acting like a pre-teen girl about it. I'm not saying or giving off that I'm some huge editor, which definitely means you shouldn't label yourself as some "unique" editor because you throw in random and awkward effects with no flow. That's like me putting a picture of dog shit over my video and people saying "hey man that literally looks like shit" with me saying "SORRY I DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES, I'M O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L". I don't know anyone who has gotten better as an editor by hearing nothing but positive feedback all the time. If you expect to openly post your work and not hear any bad or constructive feedback then you're in the wrong place. It's childish to cover your ears when someone calls out something obviously wrong in your video. Don't try to explain what Twixtor does like I don't know when 0:59-1:03 is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

p.s Wanny wasn't posting that to show you your "style". He was showing how heavy effects can look great without it looking like someone just discovered After Effects.

Watched this twice, back-to-back. Came out liking this overall in the end.

Since the intro was long, it lost some momentum for sure. Not really into panning/"layout" shots with this type of edit, but it isn't really too detrimental. Regardless, some good editing moments for sure. After the second watch, those moments started to really sink in. Def liked the song. Gp was preeeettty good Llama. Happy to see a steady amount of content still coming out. Need more though.

Thought this was one of your best edits yet. I think that you're doing a much better job of showcasing the gameplay as well as displaying your knowledge of effects. Looking to see more work from you.  GP was nice too. 
Idc that edit was fuckin sick.  Gameplay was decent but the edit was wild. Ima have you edit some shit darkness.
jordan and scott (referring to their first two posts, i haven't read any of the other comments past that because im way too fuckin' lazy) pretty much summed up what i wanted to say. i'd love to see the original clips unedited, beside the one starting at 1:28, because i don't remember the rest of them. 

Don't be mad that I'm one of the few people that call out how much better your edits could've been if you weren't so arrogant and take any "actual" constructive criticism as a jab while acting like a pre-teen girl about it. I'm not saying or giving off that I'm some huge editor, which definitely means you shouldn't label yourself as some "unique" editor because you throw in random and awkward effects with no flow. That's like me putting a picture of dog shit over my video and people saying "hey man that literally looks like shit" with me saying "SORRY I DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES, I'M O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L". I don't know anyone who has gotten better as an editor by hearing nothing but positive feedback all the time. If you expect to openly post your work and not hear any bad or constructive feedback then you're in the wrong place. It's childish to cover your ears when someone calls out something obviously wrong in your video. Don't try to explain what Twixtor does like I don't know when 0:59-1:03 is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

p.s Wanny wasn't posting that to show you your "style". He was showing how heavy effects can look great without it looking like someone just discovered After Effects.

Oh, I'm the one being arrogant? Really. Most people are conscious of their arrogance, you clearly are not one of those people. You don't even know the difference between  talking down to someone and constructive criticism do you? You must have a hard time holding back your condescending attitude during your daily life until you can be yourself on the internet, I admire your admiration. Nonetheless, there are no rules to editing. There's just people that follow the same technique and do the same thing every time so they can look like everyone else, and people that actually create original work. It's that simple. Sorry, send your professor my regards. Oh, and the region you're saying has twixtor distortion actually didn't have twixtor at all.. You don't seem to know the difference between twixtor and rsmb. Hmm, I expected you'd be more knowledgeable of these things. 

PS: There was only one clip that even used after effects and that was 5 seconds long. You're an idiot.

There is no snarky mark required.

All we are saying is, you can easily not butcher the shit out of the gameplay and do an experimental/unique style.

Actually, the snarky remark I was referring to was Wonderlvnd, which has been well received. You two are open books, but this has already become pretty tedious. All I'm saying is you two say the same thing every time but have no real backing, you just don't like the way I do things. And it's funny that he had mentioned after effects because honestly, I haven't even begun to work with 'heavy effects'. Everything thus far has been linear edits. Not much C4D or AE at all, I'm still installing things onto my new build as of the moment. But my point still stands, as you may think what you like it matters little to me. It seems that instead of stating how to fundamentally improve something you have just posted your opinions, it's alright though; no harm no foul.

Watched this twice, back-to-back. Came out liking this overall in the end.

Since the intro was long, it lost some momentum for sure. Not really into panning/"layout" shots with this type of edit, but it isn't really too detrimental. Regardless, some good editing moments for sure. After the second watch, those moments started to really sink in. Def liked the song. Gp was preeeettty good Llama. Happy to see a steady amount of content still coming out. Need more though.

Thought this was one of your best edits yet. I think that you're doing a much better job of showcasing the gameplay as well as displaying your knowledge of effects. Looking to see more work from you.  GP was nice too. 

Many thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it.

Idc that edit was fuckin sick.  Gameplay was decent but the edit was wild. Ima have you edit some shit darkness.

It's been too long since we've worked together Jizzle, send me a lil sum'n sum'n

What do you mean no backing??
Wasn't a big fan of the editing.  I didn't hate it nor do I think it was "bad", it just wasn't something I could get into.  
Nice clips llama dama ding dong!
You're pretty much saying you want me to create things like someone else

This will probably be my last post to you in any thread you ever make again because you just don't seem to understand.

You aren't getting the basic concept of criticism and feedback. You keep spouting this phrase "art is subjective" bullshit over and over again to try and defend your work. While this is true, you need to understand that we aren't pushing you to create an exact replica of someone elses work. Just giving you suggestions and hints on what we think you can do better. Because as Jordan mentioned you aren't trying to do Forced syncing, unfitting effects, etc. You just fall back on your excuse of "I can do whatever the fuck I want".  I'm going to sound elitest bringing up my major, but I've studied Cinema for the past 4 1/2 years and I've seen more experimental shit that you probably will in your entire life. However what you need to understand is, that in those videos, these directors/artists go for a certain style and theme to the piece. This is where your work is different, it's all over the place, there is no apparent theme to your so called "original videos", etc. Feedback is what makes you better as an artist and you just keep spewing "Im original not like everyone else". No you are just not doing it right/bad. You keep thinking that we think we are above you because we don't like your videos and that is also just the attitude of a fucking 4 year old. Deal with people not liking your shit and learn to  help your videos become better. I had the same attitude as you when I was 16 and then I changed because I realize input from other people on what I should fix is by 100% the best thing people. You obviously want to improve as an editor and I'm sorry we aren't posting "hey nice effects man that was really good!".

Anyways, I doubt ill ever post or comment on another one of your videos. Good luck man

Sorry if this phrasing is weird, I'm on mobile.

Everything I've been saying is going right over your head. Exactly what Wanny said, just because it's "original" doesn't mean it's good. So don't claim to be original when it's just mediocre. I don't know why you keep referring to my professor's because I have never brought up any foundations to editing or my degree. I guarantee you if you app'd for any of those editing teams they would say the exact same flaws as Wanny and I are saying. You need to have some back bone in you instead of acting like a child to some feedback. This is the last time I'm posting in this thread because it's like talking to a brick wall, even though a brick wall would have more potential to put out decent work.

Everything I've been saying is going right over your head. Exactly what Wanny said, just because it's "original" doesn't mean it's good. So don't claim to be original when it's just mediocre. I don't know why you keep referring to my professor's because I have never brought up any foundations to editing or my degree. I guarantee you if you app'd for any of those editing teams they would say the exact same flaws as Wanny and I are saying. You need to have some back bone in you instead of acting like a child to some feedback. This is the last time I'm posting in this thread because it's like talking to a brick wall, even though a brick wall would have more potential to put out decent work.

You don't have to tell me about what you study, art students are almost as bad as psych students as far as being pretentious. I read both of you like open books, it's not very hard to tell. Either way, if you applied to any of those groups they'd tell you the same thing I have so really there's no difference other than my complete lack of caring. You seem to want to talk down to someone because you think you're more experienced than you are, which I can understand.

if you applied to any of those groups they'd tell you the same thing

hahahahahahaha

Bump Bump bump video deserves more respect then it's getting haters gonna hate
Also Dante that snipe/spawn stick is my best clip ever on the 12+ years I've play with you