Chasing Shadows // A Halo 2 MCC Video featuring BlaziN :: Edited by Halzred

Holy shit, that no scope tac on Beaver...

Just got off work and was so excited to see how many comments this has already. So glad people are enjoying it.

Some of you already know this, but I had the bulk of this gameplay for a while now and was contemplating putting this video out with my own editing. Boy am I glad I did not do that. Halzred is an editor that I have admired since the day he dropped TalenT Under The Influence, and when he told me he was willing to edit this for me I was ecstatic. While I had the majority of these clips already, knowing that he was going to be editing this video got me so pumped that I was able to pull off 3 or 4 of the best clips in this video in a very small time frame.

I was expecting a lot from this edit and at no point was I let down. Thank you again for editing this video for me, Halzred. Great turn out. And thanks to everyone who has watched and commented <3

BlaziN a true Legend.

i really liked the intro, but the way it transitions into the body of the video felt kinda weird. other than that, i couldn't complain, haha. the gameplay was ridiculously strong and the editing made theme of the taje feel so big. really enjoyed this one, guys!

btw that noscope tac to frenzy on BC was incredible

that fucking beaver creek frenzy dude. what is wrong with u? why are u so good?

Wow that was really good.  Had to watch this one a couple of times for sure.  Halzred, I'm really happy to see you continue to your editing efforts and perfect your craft.   Every single goddamn clip in this video was strong, even the double and triple kills were still solid.  I especially liked all the kills on the other people with Blaze or Blazin in their gamertags.  This is another one of those videos that has a sense of "power" to it.  It's hard to describe, but I just like seeing a project that's actually taken seriously and lives up to it's potential like this one did.  The music was alright; didn't love it, didn't hate it.  That FFA Jaro on Hable at around the 2:55 mark was prolly my favorite clip.  The Kill Frenzy on Beaver at around 3:08 was also absolutely filthy.  I don't even know what else to say.  This montage is superb, easily one of the best Halo videos to come out in recent memory.  

Sick.

Good work man

i really liked the intro, but the way it transitions into the body of the video felt kinda weird. other than that, i couldn't complain, haha. the gameplay was ridiculously strong and the editing made theme of the taje feel so big. really enjoyed this one, guys!

btw that noscope tac to frenzy on BC was incredible

Thanks for checking it out! I agree with the intro, if I could change it I would have the spartan and background effects zoom past the screen instead of flash off.

Wow that was really good.  Had to watch this one a couple of times for sure.  Halzred, I'm really happy to see you continue to your editing efforts and perfect your craft.   Every single goddamn clip in this video was strong, even the double and triple kills were still solid.  I especially liked all the kills on the other people with Blaze or Blazin in their gamertags.  This is another one of those videos that has a sense of "power" to it.  It's hard to describe, but I just like seeing a project that's actually taken seriously and lives up to it's potential like this one did.  The music was alright; didn't love it, didn't hate it.  That FFA Jaro on Hable at around the 2:55 mark was prolly my favorite clip.  The Kill Frenzy on Beaver at around 3:08 was also absolutely filthy.  I don't even know what else to say.  This montage is superb, easily one of the best Halo videos to come out in recent memory.  

Really appreciate your thoughts on the video, thanks for checking it out! I will continue to make more videos hopefully, as long as my limited free time allows me to do so! I have always found editing to be a great hobby of mine. It's easy to make great videos when you can lean so hard on the gameplay.

Thanks man but you don't need to lean on anything. Dat edit. I've always really enjoyed the way that I make videos (with nearly no editing at all) and so an edit like this that is very subtle and doesn't interfere with the gameplay is just perfect for my liking. It brings something to the table that I've never been able to, without losing anything in terms of seeing the gameplay.

I've done my best to see that this gets shared around. Posted it over at beyond, submitted a promo clip to SHC and I believe Sk0ls was going to submit it to the FBW YT channel. I'd love to see it reach 1000 views or more.

Edit: 20 seconds later I load up the video on YT and it has 1311 views. Awesome lol.

Holy nun rape batman, that gameplay is beast. All these years, and you're still making pure halo 2  montages. You'll be putting out middy FFA gameplay from the old folks home, you've got lockout and midship  in your freaking blood man.   Miss you sending me gameplay folders on AIM that took a fortnight to transfer on my redneck interweb connection :') 

some of the best gameplay i have seen since mcc launch.

amazing stuff guys

Just got around to watching this. Probably the best H2C gameplay I've seen on MCC. Incredible stuff BlaziN.

Thank you very much guys :)

Heath! Long time no talk. Click on the link in my sig and watch that dualtage you edited for me years ago, such a classic!

That was so nice.

Still a true fan of your style Blazin, we gotta play soon buddy, we haven't played since I got the Xbox one and I miss my Canadian buddy

Editing was really nice and so was the music, good job halzred

Thanks everybody!

Bx said it perfectly. This video was fuckin' remarkable IMO. The only thing I disagree with as far as what Bx said in his review is the song... I thought it was excellent. I've found myself over the years hearing songs in videos that I wish I had come across first as far as using it in a video is concerned. This is one of those songs. Additionally, the intro wasn't bad (I believe I remember seeing this somewhere through the thread). I do agree with you though, Halz, as far as making it gradually come towards the camera and fade out rather than just flashing off screen. I loved the masking/overlays in it.

To me this video simply screams Halzred. The vertical blurs, the loud, somewhat distorted audio pops and sick snipe shots... This is undoubedtly my favorite edit/video that you've ever made. Yes, over Talent's video and even yours truly, haha. You did a helluva job making sure the gameplay was still easily viewable and the editing only boosted it. Again, like Bx said, it gives it a sense of power the way you've edited. It makes the extra special moments that much better throughout the video.

Just a great job all around. I'm so glad I held out to watch this on a huge display with the audio on max. I hope one day time affords you gentlemen the opportunity to work on something again. This is a good team right here. Shoutout to Blazin' for turning heads in 2015.

Bx said it perfectly. This video was fuckin' remarkable IMO. The only thing I disagree with as far as what Bx said in his review is the song... I thought it was excellent. I've found myself over the years hearing songs in videos that I wish I had come across first as far as using it in a video is concerned. This is one of those songs. Additionally, the intro wasn't bad (I believe I remember seeing this somewhere through the thread). I do agree with you though, Halz, as far as making it gradually come towards the camera and fade out rather than just flashing off screen. I loved the masking/overlays in it.

To me this video simply screams Halzred. The vertical blurs, the loud, somewhat distorted audio pops and sick snipe shots... This is undoubedtly my favorite edit/video that you've ever made. Yes, over Talent's video and even yours truly, haha. You did a helluva job making sure the gameplay was still easily viewable and the editing only boosted it. Again, like Bx said, it gives it a sense of power the way you've edited. It makes the extra special moments that much better throughout the video.

Just a great job all around. I'm so glad I held out to watch this on a huge display with the audio on max. I hope one day time affords you gentlemen the opportunity to work on something again. This is a good team right here. Shoutout to Blazin' for turning heads in 2015.

I appreciate all the posts in this thread but I loved reading this one the most. Thanks for watching B. I'm glad one of the originals from back in the day can still sit down and watch one of my videos.  That's high praise coming from you though, TalenT's video was one I spent a lot of time on, but I also enjoy this one more, even 9 years after the fact. Even though I have always enjoyed video editing, I never thought I would still be making these Halo videos, but it's reactions like this that make me want to do it even more.  

Peter North Experience 2015

watching that shit was so fuckin nostalgic. mad good gameplay and  fuckin good editing too 
Thanks for watching!