RIP GameFront (FileFront)

To all of our loyal fans and site users:

We are sorry to announce that GameFront will be closing its doors permanently as of April 30, 2016. Since our founding as FileLeech almost 20 years ago, we have always strived to offer the best file hosting alongside quality gaming content. To all of our fans who have supported us throughout the years, we thank you for making us your destination for gaming files. Despite name changes, ownership changes, and staff changes, you have always made our jobs rewarding and fun.

If you have files that you would like to save from the site, you will need to make sure that you have downloaded them prior to April 30. Any files not downloaded by that time will no longer be accessible.

Again, thank you all for your support through the years. Game on!

http://www.gamefront.com/gamefront-is-closing-down-april-30-2016/

Pay your respects to the premier hosting site for montages circa 2006.

Some people should go through and see which montage dl links are still on gamefront and download a copy if that haven't already. Wouldnt want some tages to be lost forever. 

Fuck that site. I lost so many videos because they would expire and be deleted if someone didn't download it for a certain amount of time. 

#MythicaForLife

That being said it's always sad when a piece of Halo history dies. :(

This is literally the first thing I did after reading about this on Kotaku. So far I managed to find Plasmaad's Halo 3 tage, for which I'm incredibly happy. Also some 2006 tribute to TheHaloGod. 

It's weird because I was of the opinion that a file always got auto-deleted if it went X days without being downloaded at least once. But I managed to find some obscure files from 2006 - 2007 with only a handful of downloads. I wonder how that's even possible. 

If anyone were to remember some filenames from old videos, I'd love that person forever if he'd take his chance to find them again real quick. 

RIP, legendary site, legendary frustrations. 

Anybody remember when they did the exact same thing at nearly the exact same time several years ago?

XD

Remember when a video would upload to 99% and then freeze, but you weren't sure if it was just processing or if it actually froze? Good times...

Remember when a video would upload to 99% and then freeze, but you weren't sure if it was just processing or if it actually froze? Good times...

dude filefront was all we had for a while. every video that got hosted was linking to filefront lol

dude filefront was all we had for a while. every video that got hosted was linking to filefront lol

Oh trust me I remember. I just remember the amount of shit one would go through to actually get a video uploaded haha.

Fuck that site. I lost so many videos because they would expire and be deleted if someone didn't download it for a certain amount of time. 

#MythicaForLife

That being said it's always sad when a piece of Halo history dies. :(

Agreed. Perfectly said, haha.

Idk how I feel about this. I still hate it with a passion, but it was always there when we had no alternative :(
Just because someone dies, that doesn't automatically make them a good person.
oh fuck Filefront was so shit I actually thought of it a while back when someone asked how many people would watch my gaming videos (convo went there somehow, dude made CS videos or some shit way back). I was like.. not a clue back in the day before youtube because of a shit site called Filefront and I murmured RIP Mythica under my breath. Still weird that its gonna be gone