So I'll get the story out of the way first. I was working with someone to get a montage made for us. Initially it was him wanting to mess around with effects and editing, but we really liked what he came up with so we asked him to do more if we paid him. He agreed, but we weren't really happy with our quality of clips at the time so we pushed it off for a couple months. During this time he kind of had a falling out of Halo and moved on. The times I could get him to respond to us he seemed very resistant to working with us still and currently I have to hound him to even get a response. We paid for what he already created initially and were going to finish paying him the agreed wage when he finished, but its really looking like that isn't going to happen anymore.
Why did I include editor and/or effects guy. Well I can sync the clips to the song, I'm not amazing at it, but I feel I'm proficient enough. I made this (spoiler below) in about a week (relatively short for me) to try and push it out for Christmas, but this was made even before we took on an editor and as I mentioned before we weren't happy with the quality of our clips. So if it helps me get an editor working with us faster I can sync the clips because we would really like to get this out before Halo 5.
Our current quality of clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfyga2YQ2nI (just uploaded give it a minute to get 720p) (We don't have much Halo 3 content so we used old clips we never got around to using in a montage)
As far as creative control goes we as a group are really okay with whatever. There are a few things I dislike about certain editing styles, but I can discuss that with someone if they decide to pick up and run with our project. I have my mind on a few set songs, but I'm open for discussion and am not set on them. I would like to avoid rap and hard rock. I'm not expecting amazing editing. As long as the song is synced well with some decent effects my friends and I will be happy.
Other things to mention.
- All of our clips are straight gameplay. We don't have any angles and we have been using XboxDVR to record our clips, so we can't go back and save our clips. We are willing to hop on and stage some angles if that is needed, but we are 100% okay with just doing gameplay.
- We are willing to pay a wage. Its open for discussion. PM and we can talk about it. Please keep in mind that we have already spent some of our money we pooled together for our first editor.
- I work in Adobe Premiere Pro if we decide to go down that route. Not sure if that will affect editing in effects, but I can export the montage for Final Cut Pro I believe.
- All of our clips are 720p 30fps. I did buy an elgato hd60 recently, but I figured it would be easier to keep consistency with our older clips.
- We are only looking for about one song length of clips to edit. Possibly two shorter song or one longer song. 3-5 minutes in total.
- I'm not as frequent to this site as I use to be (mostly because Tapatalk wasn't supported when the whole upgrade happened), but I am trying to frequent more. You can also reach me at https://twitter.com/Mystyrion