"RESURGENCE" Gameplay by TWICH Edited by HALZRED *Video Uploaded*

So the front page isn't for good videos, but more of a "thanks for trying" page?

For the record, I don't care what gets put on the front page, I just think that reasoning you just gave is stupid as fuck and makes no sense. Just because someone tried doesn't mean I have to respect it and it's worth being somewhere that's SUPPOSED to be for good videos. If the vid missed the mark then it missed the mark. If this makes it on there, you basically have to front page literally every video ever released from here on forward (or else you look like you're playing favorites and honestly, you would be).

Again, I don't care if it's up there or not, just saying your explanation is stupid.

I loved how high concept this was and I honestly really dug the edit. It's not often you see someone dare to go that fast in terms of pace attempted, especially with basically no angles. I don't think it was perfectly executed but I think it was visually interesting for sure.  I dug this as a whole but the intro was definitely my favorite part of the video. I was strapped in for something really cool by the time that intro was over. Although I think that the main song choices would have worked better for a different video, I thought the editing style got a lot out of them. All in all I love that this video was genuinely balls to the wall bold, but it definitely could have had better execution and would have benefited from a more cohesive soundtrack. Number one issue though for me is the letterboxing, I had to consciously choose to not let it bother me in order to enjoy the rest of the video.

I think hyena said it best in the VIP section:

'I really think Halzreds vid should be front paged, he put a ton of effort into it and would show n00bs that dedication is rewarded even if the feedback isn't 100% positive'

if you didn't like the theme and style that this video brought, that's fine, but at least respect the effort and the dedication they made to the project. considering there isn't some sort of syllabus we follow for front paging a video, it's pretty easy to see how this was frontpaged.

This just makes no sense to me If you put a lot of effort into taking a crap,when you are done you don't frame it because it took effort.

I think hyena said it best in the VIP section:

'I really think Halzreds vid should be front paged, he put a ton of effort into it and would show n00bs that dedication is rewarded even if the feedback isn't 100% positive'

if you didn't like the theme and style that this video brought, that's fine, but at least respect the effort and the dedication they made to the project. considering there isn't some sort of syllabus we follow for front paging a video, it's pretty easy to see how this was frontpaged.

This just makes no sense to me If you put a lot of effort into taking a crap,when you are done you don't frame it because it took effort.
The day I take the poop of my life, I'm at least taking a picture.

I've already explained myself, I came back after a week and nothing had happened and I wanted to change that ASAP so I took the most recent big project I saw with some interesting angles and put it up.

I understand your reservations and discussions, but it's as simple as that. Hopefully others will step on from now onwards so I dont have to make decisions based on such things again. 

Brilliant. 

Enjoyed playing H2V with you Twitch thanks for the shout out. 

Loved the editing and music well worth the wait. 

Ok, Halz--you know you're my Halo God--fucking shit, you are the only reason I started playing Halo online in the first place; I remember being on your friends list for about 5 minutes after that SWAT game on Narrows. :-) That was beautiful.

I'll try to review this with as little bias as possible...but seeing as how I worship you, that probably won't happen.

As soon as I heard the wubstep, I immediately knew you were going to catch shit for it....I like dubstep. But this isn't about me. Regardless of the music choice and whom chose it, none of that matters. I know this was a two-man effort, but it works both ways--so this applies to whoever chose the songs. You find a song that you like, a song that you feel, something that inspires you and makes your video come to life before your eyes and FUCK anyone else. Fuck them with a prehensile flagpole, all the way through their intestines and guts and shit. Human Centipede that motherfucker. Now, Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit and Fort Minor--I'm more than likely gonna mute those dipshits(rofl), but you do what you feel. That's it. If the two of you disagree, sleep on it, look for a compromise, find another option, end it peacefully or just suck it up. Trust me, it'll feel better knowing the project ended on your terms, not some flavor-of-the-month-ass Top 40 garbage. 

Moving on. The intro was incredible. The wait for something like this, finally over...a legend long gone resurfaces, the world opening up in front of us...Hell, I actually cried. That rush of emotion was absolutely overwhelming, and it was immaculate. The only thing I'd taken note of was the old, old press photo used for it, which was a little down.  A small nick in an otherwise remarkable and highly appropriate comeback.  10/10.

Gameplay--the action was good and enjoyable. For the most part, there was really good sniper action throughout, and  Twich, you have pretty good Battle Rifle control. A lot of those clips are really impressive. There were a few that I wouldn't have included, but I'd say 3 or 4, tops. I can't believe iAlcom (I'm guessing) sent you his view of him getting sniped by you. That must've been awkward. Don't forget, there are maps out there other than Lockout. Gameplay gets a 7.5/10.

Editing--Dubstep is hard to edit to, believe me. I forgot who said it, but it's basically a million different sounds. Finding good ones to sync to, then actually syncing them is a serious challenge. I'll be honest: the first song didn't really feel like it had enough cuts/effects behind it; it felt a little more like watching normal (maybe 90%) speed clips that just happen to be set to music, with the occasional twitchy(Oh! I get it now!) cut. The second song, however was PERFECT.  THAT is what I would've loved to see the first song's editing prowess. One thing you featured a lot, is those deceptive kill edits. Right below sleep sex and cold milk, deceptive kills are one of my biggest fetishes. It's always fantastic--the more there are, the better it gets, and the more skillful your player looks.  As for the jump cuts and stutters, I had absolutely no problem differentiating each clip.  I could follow through each of them easily--for Chrissake, you put a fade between each one! It's pretty damn obvious, at least to me. 7.5/10

I wasn't too crazy about that permanent 75% B&W thing for the whole montage. Unless that's the quality settings for Twich's computer. Which, if that's true, Jesus...

Halzred, you're still a great editor. You've only gotten better over the years and I'll always support you. That being said, I seriously think it's time to move  on to Halo 3, or further.  You do amazing work, but Halo 2 can only go so far. Theater mode can make stuff amazing, and with you behind the wheel, your videos will only exponentially flourish. I know you're busy with reality--hell, most of us are. But keep that in mind, if you ever pick up on another project.

Thanks for sharing this experience, and making a big comeback special to your biggest fan. Hope to see more from you soon.

Oh, and your site's invalid--fix the shit!