Former Halo 3 Pro Killerdrews Montage "The Lost Hard Drive"

What's up everyone? One of my good friends "Killerdrew" recently found his ancient hard drive and asked me if I'd like to make his montage, of course I said yes... I did my best (I'm pretty new when it comes to editing, just one of my hobbies on my spare time)  Regardless the clips are epic and mostly all on top pros from H3, Enjoy dudes! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkDeEq4Qel0

I have mixed feelings about this video.

I thought you put forth a good effort on the editing. I'd work on making sure your syncing is more well done. Alot of your hits were noticeably off or slightly off frame. It really makes your soundtrack pop much better if you insist on being super on point with your sync. Even a couple frames can make a huge difference. Also I was really digging the adventure club track having used it myself and i thought the first music cut was really immediate and disrupted the vibe quite a bit. Overall i thought your music selection was pretty tight.

I wasn't as blown away with the gameplay as i was expecting. Obviously the community has been spoiled with insane pro h3 gameplay over the years and overall i just don't think this stacked up well. A lot of sloppy body shot triples left a really underwhelming impression, granted they were usually fast plays which helped. I was intrigued by a lot of the smaller clips. I remember one QS double at sword on pit that was a really insane shot. I would have preferred to see more of those precision based clips with a higher degree of difficulty rather than the sloppy/average plays for higher medals. There were a couple overkills that i thought were incredibly smooth and really exciting to watch as well. Overall it was on the lower end of the spectrum for me as far as pro gameplay goes but it was still an enjoyable video for me to watch.

Thanks for the feedback dude.

I could pin point most of my mistakes myself, syncing among other things. "Why not fix?" I'm leaving to California early tomorrow in the morning for 2 weeks and coming back and moving into a new house lol... so time is hard to come by right now unfortunately.  Plus side though I did learn a good bit more about editing making this montage. Glad you did enjoy though dude, thanks for watching 

That was pretty legit, I agree with what Skols said for the most part. Glad this was put out for the public too see though.

Not a big fan of that long angle in sword.

But overall really sick video and i miss Puckett :'(

I am generally unimpressed, but I understand that it's thrilling to find footage you thought was lost for good. If this had been shown at the time the clips were gotten it would have left a much greater impact, because from what I could see there were only three clips that would even be slightly relevant when put up against todays standards, regardless of the gameplay being on pros.

Some of the clips were really good and some of them were really meh.

Don't worry too much about changing colors drastically on beats to sync with the video, or at least don't make them as harsh.

This is the kind of clips I wish I could edit.  Great classic feel for sure.