Growth in the community [Commentary]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-YUbkRIgqA

Hey everyone! This is my first commentary I've done! The main focus in this video is talking about ways we can improve the community and hopefully get bigger popularity wise! I apologize if I sound a little groggy, I did this off of 5 hours of sleep and I'm a little out of it. Let me know if you liked this video and would like to see me do more commentary's. Also feel free to discuss ways we can grow! Thanks!

Look into doing top 10's or top plays of the week/month. For some reason there's a stigma to showing the same clip in a video two different times. I don't care personally I think it'd be cool seeing the clip raw, then edited as well. I know you guys have some clips you just save and use them only in your montages. Also maybe do "strategy guides" like showing nade throws, call outs, timing weapons, what you do in situations, gameplay commentaries of LiT members and viewer submitted videos, etc. I know Skols does button glitch tutorials. Maybe you guys could expand on that. I know a lot of us wouldn't need them per se, but I think a lot of other people on YouTube and stuff could use it. Also wouldn't hurt to watch them if you were a more experienced player, never hurts to learn more things.
I've been thinking about doing top 10s for long time now.
:/
I need to make it happen.
I should still have the animated 10 through 1 numbers from the top ten I was making for thf a few years back that delicious made.

Look into doing top 10's or top plays of the week/month. For some reason there's a stigma to showing the same clip in a video two different times. I don't care personally I think it'd be cool seeing the clip raw, then edited as well. I know you guys have some clips you just save and use them only in your montages. Also maybe do "strategy guides" like showing nade throws, call outs, timing weapons, what you do in situations, gameplay commentaries of LiT members and viewer submitted videos, etc. I know Skols does button glitch tutorials. Maybe you guys could expand on that. I know a lot of us wouldn't need them per se, but I think a lot of other people on YouTube and stuff could use it. Also wouldn't hurt to watch them if you were a more experienced player, never hurts to learn more things.

Great suggestions! I know we have toyed around with similar ideas, but now that we know people want it, I'm sure we can make it happen!

I agree with Ging, LiT is basically an expert pool of players ( -Terry :P) , tutorials and commentaries over GP explaining why what how would be great for newcomers

I agree with Ging, LiT is basically an expert pool of players ( -Terry :P) , tutorials and commentaries over GP explaining why what how would be great for newcomers

That was actually one of our earlier ideas when the group started. I'll have to bring this up again to the guys in LiT, I'm sure they will be all for it!

Go fuck yourself

Aside from content creation on our side of things, you brought up HCS and that's where some of my biggest concerns are. I can't find the quote, it was either Josh Holmes or Frank O'Connor, speaking about how with Halo 5 they want the HCS game settings, maps, etc. as close to or identical to the base gameplay to attract as wide of an audience as possible. I just don't see that working. In my mind, whatever increase in casual viewers there is will be offset by hardcore, legacy if using their own terminology, fans being disinterested.

I don't know if anyone else used the spectator mode in the beta much, but 5 is not a very interesting game to watch a full match of in my opinion. Granted it was the beta and I didn't witness a single match that wasn't a blowout, The game boiled down to two different scenarios every time. Sprinting around the map constantly to find a fight, or stalemates similar to watching Lockdown slayer in H2A. I'm rambling a bit, but hopefully you get the gist of what I'm saying. 

edit: Another issue is the positioning of release, it's a safe assumption that the next CoD will drop in November, will there be any user retention at all or will it be similar to Halo 4 where the population literally dropped off a cliff as soon as Blops or w/e CoD it was released? I don't see this game being engaging/fresh enough to hold the average gamers attention for more than a few months max.

Go fuck yourself

rofl

I would first like to say that playing with all of you LIT members has been a blast.  You are a bunch of great Halo players and produce some awesome content.  Expanding your content will only intrigue more and more people to follow your squad.  I won't lie - I was initially confused with the concept of the group, mostly because I thought it was unnecessary to create a sub-clan on THF, but with THF basically a ghost town (that's a H3 map!) lately...your group is  a damn near necessity.  Awesome job on the numerous videos being released and the publicity coming from that.  

Secondly, I could listen to your voice allllll night. 

I would first like to say that playing with all of you LIT members has been a blast.  You are a bunch of great Halo players and produce some awesome content.  Expanding your content will only intrigue more and more people to follow your squad.  I won't lie - I was initially confused with the concept of the group, mostly because I thought it was unnecessary to create a sub-clan on THF, but with THF basically a ghost town (that's a H3 map!) lately...your group is  a damn near necessity.  Awesome job on the numerous videos being released and the publicity coming from that.  

Secondly, I could listen to your voice allllll night. 

Clay with them silky smooth pipes.
I think the main thing I've gotten out of this video is that people like my voice lol
And when you're pant-less on skype of course

Nice video man. 

I think your idea of branching out to other forums is a good idea. I might not have said that back in the day, but right now we just don't have the numbers.

If I had one suggestion for you guys in LIT, it would be more advertisement of what LIT is, how to join, etc. I've been asked a bunch of times in the last couple months what LIT is, and this is by some of the more common players who are on every day. So I think that once people know more about it, there's a good chance your numbers are going to grow. Most people who have asked me questions are under the impression LIT is just a random online team.

I know when Steve first came up with this idea there was a video introducing the idea with information on how to join. I don't know if that video just didn't get around enough, or what, but I think part of the problem is the perception of what your group is all about.

At the end of the day, the old school halo players who still enjoy CE and H2 on the regular just need more people to play with. Obviously being a part of something like LIT can be a good solution to this problem. That alone, I think, would attract a lot of people. I'm sure you guys have played a bunch over the last few months together, but everybody else that I play with who - like me - is not in LIT, still has almost 0% chance of playing a custom FFA Midship. I have yet to play an unlimited FFA since MCC dropped...

halo is dead

Seeing a lot of comments about the mission of LIT is a little disheartening. I think a ton of people are/have been caught up in trying to put labels on everything when the LIT channel is just a central hub for group content. The entire concept about lost in time is that it takes time for players to get clips and create highlights and montages etc. if we combine forces we can produce that same content on a much more frequent basis, ultimately for the benefit and exposure for not just CE and Halo 2, but also our personal channels as well. We've never claimed to be anything other than a group of guys that like to play halo CE and halo 2 together: that's what everyone does every day, we just decided to use it as a means to promote halo content and try and do something nice for the community as opposed to everyone sitting in their tiny bubbles of isolation... And ultimately the reception we've received from all the OG microcosms have been less than positive in some aspects because people seem intent on believing we're something that we simply aren't. We don't want to reinvent the wheel, we don't want to try and be the poster children of the montage scene, we just want to play halo, have fun, and use our group as a means to participate in making content far more regularly than we would on our own.

Overall i think besides a few road bumps we've largely succeeded in keeping the spirit of old time halo alive and will continue to receive feedback, adjust accordingly and try to make our content better with every video we release.