The Final :: Kevy's Halo Montage Edited By Bitter Smurf (COMP ENTRY)

Hey guys, I know I'm fairly new here and not many of you will know me, However, here is my first comp entry. I have been editing for a little while and I was fortunate to be asked to edit Kevy's final montage for him as he retires from nearly a decade of competitive halo. I am an Australian editor and am aiming to increase my abilities with each edit. I am pleased with how this edit has turned out and i would love to hear your feed back on the video! 

Twitter - www.twitter.com/BitterSmurf

​Hope you enjoy :)

Wow long video and I'm the first reply... Some good gameplay here and there although a bit of it was lacklustre in my opinion. I though that it could of been a bit more dynamic in terms of editing, as it was very sort of flat if you get what I'm saying?  

Looking forward to seeing what you do next - I'd get a better tag as well hahaha, I used to know a guy with the tag Herosmurff, what is it with people who play Halo and Smurfs... lol.

Where's the intro audio from?  Music seems appropriate.  The 3D bullet at 3:10 was nicely done; very authentic.  Nice transition at 3:48.  Pretty enjoyable video guys.  Thank you for entering into the montage competition.  
Editing was a little underdone and bad. If you check out the tage I made for Blittz Blains, you can see that it's superior to this.

Also, the music you choose sucks.

Editing was a little underdone and bad. If you check out the tage I made for Blittz Blains, you can see that it's superior to this.

Also, the music you choose sucks.

lol

Accidental double post due to connection interruption...

Good video dude, nice to see new members here :-)

Video was quite long.

Saw a few clips that made me question why they were added.

The music was terrible.

Overall decent.

I actually really liked the edit you did for Blitz man it was well put together :) Some more constructive feedback would be better in the future though dude, I'm always looking for advice to improve my edits and criticism that isn't constructive doesn't help. Anyway, thanks for your comment! :)
I thought the tage was pretty decent and I liked the editing most of the way through. I say just remember to use all that you can in the song to sync and to use transitions and camera work with theater to add to the syncing as well. Look up Sillygoose for reference.