Official Anime/Manga Help and Discussion Thread

so I just finished watching Fullmetal alchemist. Would anyone recommend watching Brotherhood now? From what I understood it's a more refined version of the first one.  Thinking about it I would have probably watched brotherhood then when I knew it before.
Brotherhood is apparently a million times better and the story is very different except for the beginning. But I haven't seen either of the shows so I wouldn't know for sure.
Watch it, the beginning it's fairly true to original but after that it's completely  different because the Brotherhood follows exactly to the manga right down to the last pages. It's good definitely worth a watch.  
ok thanks but I think I will wait a few days till I start it, we just finished rushing through the normal FMA :)
Nick, what didn't you like about the ending of Paradise Lost? Did you watch it through to the end of the credits? There's an extra scene there that really made the difference between having a complete ending and an incomplete ending.

I didn't like that they didn't get together

Finally getting around to watching Spirited Away after years of putting it off. What a brilliant film so far
I didn't like that either, but I still think it ended smart.
Have you watched any other Studio Ghibli films? Very exceptional work in many Hayao Miyazaki films.
I've recently watched Mononoke; it's great! If you like the Japanese spiritual world it's a must watch, but you'd probably need to see 'Ayakashi: Japanese Classic Horror' first though!
Yeah some great work out of that studio. Kiki's Delivery Service and Porco Rosso are two of my favorites, but I honestly haven't seen one that I didn't like.

Have you watched any other Studio Ghibli films? Very exceptional work in many Hayao Miyazaki films.

getting around to watching the more prominent ones now, they are pretty amazing. howls moving castle is next. What blows my mind is the animation and detail. Really haven't ever seen anything better.

getting around to watching the more prominent ones now, they are pretty amazing. howls moving castle is next. What blows my mind is the animation and detail. Really haven't ever seen anything better.

Definitely! Oh Howl's Moving Castle is pretty good, very compelling storyline. Most definitely I agree. 

So glad i got around to starting gintama, probably one of my favorites for overall enjoyment and im only 40 episodes in.

Now i just gotta power through the 200+ remaining eps to catch up before it starts airing again :)

Been rewatchin the shit outta Cowboy Bebop. Binge watched 8 episodes of Sword Art Online today too.

SAO is my shit. I'm about to re-watch it again. 

SAO is my shit. I'm about to re-watch it again. 

I should've been in bed hours ago but I'm still watchin it, got some hate from the Twitter critics about it not living up to the hype but I'm thoroughly enjoyin it. Just started Episode 11.

I will say that shit takes a big turn soon. A lot of people didn't like it, but I did. 

I only watch Anime I enjoy, usually don't take recommendations unless they're solid and similar to other shows I've watched before. This show is pretty dope if you ask me. It's making me wanna go back and watch .hack//Sign too. Also need to go back and finish Ergo Proxy but SAO is gonna keep me entertained until it's over.

Any word on a new SAO cuz I believe it's done right now correct? Also anyone got news on new Attack On Titan?

tried jacking off to hentai for the first time. didn't work out.

advice? 

And on that note it's time for bed.
lmao
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu has been a fun watch so far. Obvious influences from The Thing keep me interested enough to get through some of the more typical high school dynamics. It should be wrapping up soon, but you can watch most of it online of course, I'll probably end up finishing it as it finishes airing.

I've also been watching Yu Yu Hakusho again with a friend. That's always a comfy show to throw on, especially when you have the 1080p blu-ray rips. While it is fun to compare the show to Dragon Ball and DBZ, ultimately it's like trying to compare Harry Potter to Lord of the Rings, there is just going to be some differences that don't translate.

Recently it was announced that AOT season two will be released in 2016. That's the latest news, but next month the release for the prequel from AOT: Levi's Birth will be out so that's definitely promising to watch. 

As for SAO I think it has finished I'm not for sure. 

Edit: Looked it up on MAL. Yes it did finish in Dec. on the 20th. 

His backstory will be a show on it's own? That's pretty cool!

Monogatari series is pretty good, but it's now time for Nisemonogatari... I've heard my friend speak of a toothbrush scene which will be quite a bit of cringing... But I have to get through this; second season is apparently the best and I already really enjoyed Bakemonogatari.

Yeah it'll be promising hopefully. 

And I still have yet to watch those I need to though because I heard good things.

sidenote: The Wind Rises is such an excellent movie. 

While it is fun to compare the show to Dragon Ball and DBZ, ultimately it's like trying to compare Harry Potter to Lord of the Rings, there is just going to be some differences that don't translate.

(EOS)Krillin could poop on EOS Yûsuke. Just deal with it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wh8FgsEtNQ

this music video just magnified the song even more

Is Log Horizon any good? Been thinking about watching it. 

why isn't samurai champloo on any list?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-qhxMrxDz4

one of the only exceptions where the dubbed version is better than the subbed.

why isn't samurai champloo on any list?

It's regularly recommended and considered a classic, kinda goes without saying at this point I guess. Anyone that comes here asking for anything within that realm will get it as an answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Qqa4bHhXA

Another anime with music I had to download/still listen to...

While it is fun to compare the show to Dragon Ball and DBZ, ultimately it's like trying to compare Harry Potter to Lord of the Rings, there is just going to be some differences that don't translate.

(EOS)Krillin could poop on EOS Yûsuke. Just deal with it. 

Fucking doubt it kid. Enjoy seeing the cast of your shit anime show get downgraded or completely retconned into oblivion. Krillin is a fucking scooter cop, without a nose. He can't do shit, for shit.

Oh man, if y'all knew all the anime music I still listen to

Same... 

Sidenote finally started watching Baka & Test season two finally. 

Watching Steins;Gate. It's such great show, makes me really feel. I can see how it's easy to overlook though. It's very easy to drop after just one or two episodes. It starts as a comedy with a sci-fi twist and the humour may be kinda weird. The genres change throughout the series. After the comedic start, next episodes the show turns into a serious crime drama, then a romance story, then shit gets real. Damn good anime.

Finished the two season of SAO and can honestly say I'm glad I stuck through it. Still need to finish up the movie though.